Allen or Darnold: Who Would You Rather Have?

Who would you rather have?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Josh Allen
    • Sam Darnold?

Darnold looked awesome day 1 vs the Lions, but has since regressed a bit. I think he even threw 3 INTs in one game.

Allen started slower but has looked awesome as of late. Will be fun to see how this rivalry plays out, but it’s honestly too early to tell who’s better. 

Id like to see how good of a runner Darnold is as well compared to Allen. 

Edited by Idandria
  • Like (+1) 1

At this point (both qb's have been really up and down)....i would say Allen....just wondering if Darnold didnt play for an AFCE team would the voting results be abit different?

Prior to the draft it would have been a slam dunk for Darnold.  I was a complete non believer in Allen.  But the last two weeks he's really starting to make me believe that he's the real deal.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much because I'm scared he's going to fall apart.  But for now, my vote is Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Interesting question.  Based on 12 weeks (or so) of games, if you were drafting today and had your pick of either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, who do you draft?

My answer is the same today as it was on draft night.  

Allen.  I had Mayfield as the top dawg in the draft and Allen #2.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ditto here. Although I thought Rosen might be a solid #2 and was my preference at the time. I'm glad we took Allen, much higher upside and I love his personality. He fits the process and this city well.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Is this like a cool-aid wet tee-shirt contest? 

Make sure to submit your vote!

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There were literally 4 QBs that I could have lived with.....Josh Allen was my favorite for a multitude of personal and football reasons

The kid does not even know how good HE is yet

24 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Ditto here. Although I thought Rosen might be a solid #2 and was my preference at the time. I'm glad we took Allen, much higher upside and I love his personality. He fits the process and this city well.

I remember the announcement:

”With the 7th pick in the NFL Draft, The Buffalo Bills select Josh........Allen, quarterback Wyoming”

• Like (+1) 2

What you see from both on Sunday will probably not be indicative of the way they'll play 2 years from now. I think McB made the right call choosing Allen considering his size and arm strength in the Buffalo wind. Josh's mobility is a very pleasant surprise. They both are good character guys with great leadership qualities. Sam will be more accurate to start but I see him struggling years down the road. Josh will require reinforcements on the OL and WR/TE. If McB fail in finding this support system for Josh, than he's likely to fail also.....