Josh Allen has become the leader of this football team

Rufridr101

Most of the time it takes years to become a leader, but in Allen’s case I see your argument. He’s young, but youth doesn’t automatically disqualify you. Typically small acts of leadership build up your cred. Allen can prove a lot over the next 4 weeks. Does he continue playing all out and giving up his body to get extra yards by finishing his runs & hanging in the pocket? If he mails in the next 4 weeks and regresses his leadership cred will be brought into question. 

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Most of the time it takes years to become a leader, but in Allen’s case I see your argument. He’s young, but youth doesn’t automatically disqualify you. Typically small acts of leadership build up your cred. Allen can prove a lot over the next 4 weeks. Does he continue playing all out and giving up his body to get extra yards by finishing his runs & hanging in the pocket? If he mails in the next 4 weeks and regresses his leadership cred will be brought into question. 

Especially with the amount of youth around him on the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

The offense rallies around him. Rookie or not.. they're so bad he looks like a godsend to them. Makes them all look way better than they have any business looking and that'll win respect. 

Shouldn't be how leadership is created but whatever, he doesn't shy away from the responsibility

12 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

The last 2 weeks, one thing has become clear: Josh Allen is the leader of the team.  He's taken that responsibility by earning it.  Shady deserves credit for not creating waves in the huddle and locker room for having a down year; absolute pro.  Allen has earned the respect of his teammates the right way by not boasting or making it about him, putting the teams' losses on his shoulders, and the victories on his teammates.  Absolutely exciting times for Buffalo Bills fans!

I'm sorry, dude.  My wife is an English major and your lack of punctuation was hurting my eyes.  I fixed it for you.

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Rufridr101 said:

The last 2 weeks one thing has become clear Josh Allen is the leader of the team he's taken that responsibility by earning it shady deserves credit for not creating waves in the huddle and locker room for having a down year absolute pro Allen has earned the respect of his teammates the right way not boasting or making it about him putting the teams losses on his shoulders and the victories on his teammates absolutely exciting times for buffalo bills fans

I think the team looks to Matt Milano more as a young guy leader than the rookie QB.  Talk to me about this idea this time next season, and I will agree.  I believe he, Milano, White, and Edmunds will be the leaders of this team.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not sure if he's the leader yet but I think he's turning heads in the lockerroom.  His competitiveness and confidence I believe is rubbing off.  

Next year I believe he will be voted team captain.  

Yes, the kid also has heart. He certainly appears to be on the fringes of having "it".

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm sorry, dude.  My wife is an English major and your lack of punctuation was hurting my eyes.  I fixed it for you.

Solid work, but while we're at it one misplaced apostrophe snuck in there ;). It should be the "team's" losses...unless Allen is putting multiple NFL teams' losses on his shoulders. Grammarians unite.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Solid work, but while we're at it one misplaced apostrophe snuck in there ;). It should be the "team's" losses...unless Allen is putting multiple NFL teams' losses on his shoulders. Grammarians unite.  

You're correct.  Good catch.

• Like (+1) 1