Josh Allen turning non-believers into believers

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I picked him up in fantasty to start this week. Just for fun. I'm in first place and even if I lose I'll still be in first.

His running potential gives him a lot of upside in fantasy.

My team just missed playoffs in fantasy and I was playing my dad last week so I said screw it going for the "hail mary" and started Josh over Phillip Rivers... Turned out to be a good decision!

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

He is still woefully inaccurate and has not found any touch on his passes. He holds the ball way to long and has almost 0 ability to hit the 3 step quick pass drop.

Looking better but he has a long way to travel before I would crown him anything

In Miami game he had no more inaccurate throws than you would expect from any Top 10 QB.  Almost ever pass was a 15+ yard pass between the numbers. Most of the touch passes were on the money and two were beautiful (Zay’s drop and wheel route to DiMarco). He’s not Brady or Brees but he also has demonstrated potential. 

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

?

I can’t count the times that Josh hit Benjamin right in the hands, and KB dropped it.

If only WRs we’re still allowed to smear Stickm all over their hands, arms, and chests, KB might have actually caught some of those - or at least they would have stuck to him!

stickum.jpg?itok=iEzFm7eE&w=2200&q=70

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I picked him up in fantasty to start this week. Just for fun. I'm in first place and even if I lose I'll still be in first.

His running potential gives him a lot of upside in fantasy.

I picked him up to start my playoff game. Kid is going to ball this week.

7 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I gotta say I thought he would be way more inaccurate than he has been.  He needs more touch on the shorter passes, but that will come. 

I'm a fan. 

I keep waiting to see it too but all I am seeing for the most part are lasers hitting dudes perfectly in stride for the most part...

A big reason for his low completion percentage are the high number of throws over 20 yards and the throwaways...last week Allen only had one incompletion under 20 yards...all his other incompletions were either 20+ yards downfield or a throwaway...that's pretty damn impressive.

Yeah he makes a few bad throws here and there but for my money he has way way better ball placement than Tyrod. He hits guys in stride and they can keep running.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

So Allen played with below average receivers in college and so far in Buffalo.  I don't know what his O line was like in college but this year his O line has been a disaster.  I don't know whether he had a good complementary RB in college, but this year Shady can't get it in gear (probably the O line's fault since he can still scoot when he gets a chance).  

You NEVER hear Allen complain about the shortcomings of his teammates.  I think they're impressed with him and want him to succeed.  So far this is all good.  I don't care if the Bills win many more games this year as long as they keep playing hard, and the guys who won't be good enough next year keep demonstrating that to the coaches so it will be easy to eliminate them.  

Playoff likelihood for next year?  I say 75%.  In 2020, 90%.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, crabby116 said:

I was so pissed when we picked Allen over Rosen.

I am so excited to admit that I am a know nothing A--hole.

Lets GO Bills

Lets Go Josh Allen 

Kudos for owning it.  Some people here struggling to do that still lol

19 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I don't know what his O line was like in college but this year his O line has been a disaster. 

His last year at Wyoming it was a wreck, just like the Bills line. I actually think that his poor O-line play in college helped just to life in the NFL. Dealing with chaos in the pocket and scrambling is nothing new for him. I was amazed by his escapability in college but didn’t expect it to translate that easily to the NFL. The thing is, the kid is such a big horse with great balance and nimbleness that he can make d linemen miss and when he decides to run, he is faster than anyone thinks. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

don't crown him. but, imagine any other QB that's behind this horrible of an oline. imagine every time we see Josh take off for large chunks of yards, he's actually forced to force the ball to a WR or take a sack or throw it away. he's doing a great job of making this oline look a lot better than it is. 

OL is not horrible Its not great but its not horrible. Josh holds the ball way to long. I can see lots of QB's having more success with this team in general. However Josh has to learn so it s painful.

As it stand right now he has a ways to go. 

21 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’ll crown his ass if I feel like it.

You're gonna crown that ass... Well you enjoy that 

21 hours ago, MJS said:

I'll trust the experts and my own eyes and playing experience over yours, random message board fan.

Did I ask for anyone to trust me over anything..
I trust my 45 years of watching football and making a very obvious observation. Josh has quite a ways to go with the passing game....

But if you and the Josh gang want to crown him the best ever go for it. When he plays like a QB who can throw the football for 60% and 200+ yds a game I will be happy. Until then he is still a work in progress and nothing else

I love how infatuated some Bills fans are that they can not see that Josh still has a ways to go. When he starts growing into that QB I will be happy.. 

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

OL is not horrible Its not great but its not horrible. Josh holds the ball way to long. I can see lots of QB's having more success with this team in general. However Josh has to learn so it s painful.

I trust my 45 years of watching football and making a very obvious observation. Josh has quite a ways to go with the passing game....

But if you and the Josh gang want to crown him the best ever go for it. When he plays like a QB who can throw the football for 60% and 200+ yds a game I will be happy. Until then he is still a work in progress and nothing else

I love how infatuated some Bills fans are that they can not see that Josh still has a ways to go. When he starts growing into that QB I will be happy.. 

oline is horrible. "josh holds the ball too long" what does that have to do with our putrid rushing? yes, we're 13th in rushing, but when you take away allens 389 yards, we're 30th. he's singlehandedly saving the team. and when he's standing in the pocket and throwing, he's taking huge hits from missed assignments. usually on 3rd and 18s after the oline held AGAIN or jumped Offside AGAIN. they're bad. 

allen takes huge hits and saves would-be sacks by escaping the pocket and running for his life.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

I am a Josh fan

and he still has a ways to go

Cant fault ppl for getting excited of the glimpses he is showing

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Pretty sure everyone knows he has a way to go. I haven't seen anyone state that he is a perfect, polished QB. He's a rookie, and everyone knows that.

The difference is the focus. You focus on only the negative while others choose to focus on the positive. Your way is not better or worse, just more annoying.

• Thank you (+1) 1