Josh Allen turning non-believers into believers

I picked him up in fantasty to start this week. Just for fun. I'm in first place and even if I lose I'll still be in first.

His running potential gives him a lot of upside in fantasy.

• Like (+1) 6

Several of the throws in the Miami game were elite level throws that very few QBs in the league can make right now. If he can add a little touch to some passes, learn to stay in the pocket a bit more often (I dont hate him running a lot, just maybe not quite as much) and be consistent he could be special.

I really enjoyed this breakdown: https://theathletic.com/695657/2018/12/05/all-22-with-joe-licata-15-plays-that-show-the-progress-of-bills-quarterback-josh-allen/

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

I picked him up in fantasty to start this week. Just for fun. I'm in first place and even if I lose I'll still be in first.

Me too- just for fun- why not? I actually think he may put up some huge points against the jets D.

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I gotta say I thought he would be way more inaccurate than he has been.  He needs more touch on the shorter passes, but that will come. 

I'm a fan. 

If he can learn to drop the ball in over a defender.... it is one of the most difficult throws to make! 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Funny, I did the exact same thing for the exact same reason.

He is still woefully inaccurate and has not found any touch on his passes. He holds the ball way to long and has almost 0 ability to hit the 3 step quick pass drop.

Looking better but he has a long way to travel before I would crown him anything

19 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Wow, the WR have REALLY been letting this kid down. I knew it was bad, but there are several plays in here where he makes a great play and the pass just gets dropped

Don’t hold it against Kelvin...the ball is oddly shaped and has no mayonnaise on it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Don’t hold it against Kelvin...the ball is oddly shaped and has no mayonnaise on it. 

?

I can’t count the times that Josh hit Benjamin right in the hands, and KB dropped it.

If only WRs we’re still allowed to smear Stickm all over their hands, arms, and chests, KB might have actually caught some of those - or at least they would have stuck to him!

Edited by The Senator

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

He is still woefully inaccurate and has not found any touch on his passes. He holds the ball way to long and has almost 0 ability to hit the 3 step quick pass drop.

Looking better but he has a long way to travel before I would crown him anything

don't crown him. but, imagine any other QB that's behind this horrible of an oline. imagine every time we see Josh take off for large chunks of yards, he's actually forced to force the ball to a WR or take a sack or throw it away. he's doing a great job of making this oline look a lot better than it is. 

I thought he was a 21st Century Jeff George (canon for an arm but it's a shotgun, not a rifle) before the draft but I've been pleasantly surprised with his rookie year.  He has football "smarts" and I think that's going to make the difference.  

The team certainly seems to respond to him which is a good thing to see.  

41 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I'll trust the experts and my own eyes and playing experience over yours, random message board fan.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I’ll crown his ass if I feel like it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I did the same. I'm in first and already have Mahomes and Watson, but with Breida and AJ Green out, I had a spot to fill and took Allen. 

The other team I'm in 2nd and locked into a playoff spot. I dropped Russel Wilson and picked up Allen. I think I'll start him over Matt Ryan.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I gotta say I thought he would be way more inaccurate than he has been.  He needs more touch on the shorter passes, but that will come. 

I'm a fan. 

If you read any scouting reports during draft you'd be led to believe that every other pass the dude throws ends up half a mile outside the stadium. So many people forget that he played with one and two star recruits at Wyoming, some of which had a real knack for dropping the ball. Give the kid some playmakers and watch him go.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Wow, the WR have REALLY been letting this kid down. I knew it was bad, but there are several plays in here where he makes a great play and the pass just gets dropped

Yeah, not even including all of KB misfit misses. I wasn't a believer when we drafted him. I wanted Baker and was praying he'd drop. I wasn't huge on Darnold and figured Rosen was a bit more ready than Josh.  One of my West Coast buddies who is a Wyoming fan called me immediately after the pick and said that I need to start loving on Allen now because he will be a franchise QB.  I'm hoping and believing he was right. So far, call me impressed with the kid. He can play