Allen vs. Darnold: Analysts Evaluate the Present and Predict the Future

10 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Allen looked light years better then Darnold.

I would be worried if I was the Jets about the future of their franchise.

Seriously?

I like Allen but Darnold was the better of the two today.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Neh, not really.

Darnold made two brilliant passes. But on the whole he was FAR less of a factor than the Bills ST in this game.

I’m not sure what the Bills ST’s has to do with the QB play for either team.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Neh, not really.

Darnold made two brilliant passes. But on the whole he was FAR less of a factor than the Bills ST in this game.

And here folks, we get to see into the mind of a "kool-aid drinker". It's truly amazing, belief in the fantastical can be so blinding in some people.

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m not sure what the Bills ST’s has to do with the QB play for either team.

The Bills STs directly accounted for -6 points, plus an easy TD drive.

That's 13 points, or what would have amounted to a pretty big win.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

The Bills STs directly accounted for -6 points, plus an easy TD drive.

That's 13 points, or what would have amounted to a pretty big win.

I get that.

Throwing the ball, Darnold was better. It’s not that big of a deal. 

5 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

And here folks, we get to see into the mind of a "kool-aid drinker". It's truly amazing, belief in the fantastical can be so blinding in some people.

Bro, your prior comments in this thread have been the dumbest I’ve seen over the recent time period and I’m not even saying I agree with the guy you were quoting. 

You seriously look like an a**

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I'm not even sure that's the case. I'll admit, he made two BRILLIANT throws. But the rest of the game was to me underwhelming.

I'd say what makes the assessment difficult is it felt like they were playing the game at two different difficulty settings.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say what makes the assessment difficult is it felt like they were playing the game at two different difficulty settings.

Correct, and I think Allen had a bigger impact ALL DAY than Darnold did. Again, Darnold made two HUGE throws late. So there's probably some recency bias involved there.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

This is true. Darnold ( who has been pressured most of the year btw) had mostly no pressure from the Bills rush all day. He was better than Allen today imo, but some decent protection and a lot fewer drops by WRs would have narrowed the gap considerably. The Jets O is bad, but the Bills are worse. Allen gets very little help. 

24 minutes ago, cd1 said:

I haven't read all of the replies but...

I think Josh Allen got hurt today. At one point I thought he was linking a little.

Anyway, his play really changed during the game and I think that may have been the reason.

The Bills right now ARE Josh Allen.

I thought he got too over confident from his last two games as was too reckless with the ball today.  That's something he can easily learn from.

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

That's just MORE excuses,  never ending it seems.

Its not excuses....its reality but hey if your confident on the Josh Allen is going to be out of the league then accept my bet

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I thought he got too over confident from his last two games as was too reckless with the ball today.  That's something he can easily learn from.

There was a point in the game from all the late hits Josh was taking where he couldnt get off the ground...he had to get be lifted up by his OL (that was not protecting him)

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Correct, and I think Allen had a bigger impact ALL DAY than Darnold did. Again, Darnold made two HUGE throws late. So there's probably some recency bias involved there.

Right first half of the game Allen leads the Offense across the whole field and they get two TDs.  For the Jets they get 13pts starting from past the 50. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its not excuses....its reality but hey if your confident on the Josh Allen is going to be out of the league then accept my bet

There was a point in the game from all the late hits Josh was taking where he couldnt get off the ground...he had to get be lifted up by his OL (that was not protecting him)

I don't think it was a coincidence he was running less in the 2nd half he was taking a beating.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Right first half of the game Allen leads the Offense across the whole field and they get two TDs.  For the Jets they get 13pts starting from past the 50. 

I don't think it was a coincidence he was running less in the 2nd half he was taking a beating.

The ST is the reason this game was a loss.

Period, end of discussion.

-6 points on two missed FG, and a TD drive that started in the red zone. Just garbage.