Allen vs. Darnold: Analysts Evaluate the Present and Predict the Future

3 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Darnold put up some big boy numbers on the road today.

Still waiting to see a game like that from Allen....

You won't this year unless the Dolphins mail it in big time.  There just aren't the quality play makers on the Bills offense to do it.  Hell today's game could have been a barn burner like the Jets game had the Bills play makers actually made some plays.  It's not like Allen didn't give them the opportunity.  

6 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I agree that we have bad receivers.

If Allen was truly a decent QB I think it's safe to say he'd have better numbers that he does.

Right now he has 7 TD's and 12 Int's.

I don't care how bad the receivers are those numbers are HORRIBLE. 

I disagree.  With decent WR's AND TE's Allen would have better numbers then Darnold. 

Of the rookie QB's only Mayfield is even remotely accomplished.  The rest of them require a lot of work which is entirely expected.  And while Allen isn't laboring under quite the dumpster fire that Rosen is in Arizona, it's close.  And for sure Jackson has the advantage of QBing a playoff caliber team and Darnold does have more weapons. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Darnold has 17 TD's and 15 INT's.

That's significantly better than Allen's passing numbers. 

Also, I don't believe Darnold is surrounded with a lot of talent on the current roster. 

IMO the only Buffalo skill position player that would break into the NY Jet's starting lineup  would be Foster and that would be as the #2 or #3 WR.  No other Bill would make it on the field.  If you think differently I would be curious as to which other Bills skill player would start (or even get significant playing time) on the Jet's offense.  And while we're on the topic how many of Buffalo's O-lineman would start for the Jet's?  By my count only one would. 

And if I'm right here and I think I am doesn't that tell you ALL you need to know about the differences between Darnold & Allen's numbers?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This isn't even up for debate. One knows how to run, and the other one is actually a QB, a really good QB.

At this point in time, Darnold is clearly better. He is showing a ton of progress. It is still way too early to tell, but Darnold is just more accurate and has way better touch.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

At this point in time, Darnold is clearly better. He is showing a ton of progress. It is still way too early to tell, but Darnold is just more accurate and has way better touch.

Again I look forward to both having a good career and rivalry 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Again I look forward to both having a good career and rivalry 

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO the only Buffalo skill position player that would break into the NY Jet's starting lineup  would be Foster and that would be as the #2 or #3 WR.  No other Bill would make it on the field.  If you think differently I would be curious as to which other Bills skill player would start (or even get significant playing time) on the Jet's offense.  And while we're on the topic how many of Buffalo's O-lineman would start for the Jet's?  By my count only one would. 

And if I'm right here and I think I am doesn't that tell you ALL you need to know about the differences between Darnold & Allen's numbers?

The Jets’ offensive talent IS better than Buffalo’s, but it’s still basically terrible. Anderson is a nice player; the rest are basically JAGs and trash.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Darnold has 17 TD's and 15 INT's.

That's significantly better than Allen's passing numbers. 

Also, like Allen, Darnold isn't surrounded with a lot of weapons....

Let me know when one of our receivers does this: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000001002845/Can-t-Miss-Play-Herndon-snags-SENSATIONAL-one-handed-grab

instead of dropping a pass that hits both hands.

Edited by Scott7975

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Agreed.

The Jets’ offensive talent IS better than Buffalo’s, but it’s still basically terrible. Anderson is a nice player; the rest are basically JAGs and trash.

I'm not saying they're great but I would again ask who among Buffalo's skill players starts on the Jets?  It's Foster and no one else IMO.  And given that the Jet's aren't exactly loaded on offense what does that say about our collection of skill players? 

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Let me know when one of our receivers does this: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000001002845/Can-t-Miss-Play-Herndon-snags-SENSATIONAL-one-handed-grab

instead of dropping a pass that hits both hands.

Oh my goodness was that a great catch!  And did you notice how if he doesn't grab that thing out of the air with one hand it's probably intercepted at the goal line! 

So again I ask who among our TE's starts ahead of this guy for the Jets? 

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Wow just watched Darnold's highlights from the game today and gotta say he looked really good. 

The way he can roll out of the pocket, deliver strong armed throws with perfect preseason is super impressive.

Jets fans must be feeling pretty damn good right now. 

Wouldnt go that far...:

A good team now is a million times better than hoping to win next year

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Wow just watched Darnold's highlights from the game today and gotta say he looked really good. 

The way he can roll out of the pocket, deliver strong armed throws with perfect preseason is super impressive.

Jets fans must be feeling pretty damn good right now. 

I just watched that amazing one handed catch by the Jet's TE and if he doesn't make that catch it's a sure INT at the goal line. 

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not saying they're great but I would again ask who among Buffalo's skill players starts on the Jets?  It's Foster and no one else IMO.  And given that the Jet's aren't exactly loaded on offense what does that say about our collection of skill players? 

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Yes, the Bills’ offensive talent is a joke. I do think Foster could start for the Jets, though. He appears to be a player.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I just watched that amazing one handed catch by the Jet's TE and if he doesn't make that catch it's a sure INT at the goal line. 

Jets are always scrappy and get more results than they have potential on paper 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Yes, the Bills’ offensive talent is a joke. I do think Foster could start for the Jets, though. He appears to be a player.

Perfect quote.  But isn't it telling that beyond Foster no other Bill's skill player starts for the Jets?  And the Jet's are only average on offense. 

Go back and look at what happened to that 83 draft class with all those great QBs. #1 Elway, #7 Blacklegde, #14 Kelly, #15 Eason #24 O'Brian, #27 Marino. 

Some went on to the HoF and some flamed out. O'Brian in his second season went 11-5 and it all went downhill from there. The best Eason did was 10-4. Blackledge always stunk. Marino went to a SB his second season and never went back. 

The first season doesn't mean much...especially when you have a bunch of scrubs for coaches who beat themselves. 

3 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I agree that we have bad receivers.

If Allen was truly a decent QB I think it's safe to say he'd have better numbers that he does.

Right now he has 7 TD's and 12 Int's.

I don't care how bad the receivers are those numbers are HORRIBLE. 

So he has less interceptions than Sam Darnold this season then?