Allen vs. Darnold: Analysts Evaluate the Present and Predict the Future

Darnold is much better than Allen.

Those two big passing plays Darnold had in the 4th quarter were just phenomenal. Both were completed with perfect pin point accuracy (something Allen can't do).

Jets fans must be feeling good knowing they have the better overall QB.

Edited by RosenNOTchosen1

17 hours ago, billspro said:

We will just have to disagree, The stats are the stats. They need to improve. I know they will next year. 

Allen had at least six drops yesterday, 3 that cost the Bills on third downs. Allen was 6 of 9 on third down throws, with three drops. Let that sink in for a minute. When was the last time the Bills had a QB that could convert third downs? Probably Kelly. 

6 drops and 3 throw away we’re the reason for 9 of his incompletions.   

Im not saying there were no flaws. Both INTs were bad and probably should have been throw aways. He had three throws which he threw in the dirt. Those plays need to improve next year.

This oline is one of the worst units in Bills history. They allowed pressure on 50% of drop backs yesterday and Josh seemed to be hit on most of his completions. His best WR is a WR4 on every other team in the league and only has backup quality TEs. He basically carried the offence on his back, this is still the same group that had one of the worst DVOAs in league history, they just have a good QB now. I doubt there is a QB in the league that could have good stats with this group.

I agree with all of this except Foster has a higher ceiling.  Wasn't he one of the top WRs in high school prior to college? The talent's always been there, just not the results.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Bob in STL said:

Ok, without Allen the Bills lose by a lot and never even have a lead.  Allen did a lot with his feet.  His passing was ok, but the fumble, the INTs are  big negative.  He had a few good throws and a few bad ones. 

Darnold won on the road.  He had two great drives in the 4th quarter for TDs to come from behind.  Sure he had good field position most of the game.  Sure He had time to throw and he took what was there.  He looked poised and made fewer bad plays than Allen.

Buffalo was supposed to have a strong defense and a loud home crowd.  Darnold had no pressure and the crowd was not a factor. 

Round 1 to Darnold. 

"Ok, without Allen the Bills lose by a lot and never even have a lead.  Allen did a lot with his feet.  His passing was ok, but the fumble, the INTs are  big negative.  He had a few good throws and a few bad ones"    really ---  Matt Barkly would disagree;  all Josh has to do is pass the ball more efficiently . I don't need a running QB I need an accurate QB someone who don't run because he cant make his second read; someone that can accurately throw a simple flare out 

7 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Those two big passing plays Darnold had in the 4th quarter were just phenomenal. Both were completed with perfect pin point accuracy (something Allen can't do).

No, no he's not.  Hes a blockhead.   

Based on your name  ...   If you weren't so biased  you'd see that.   

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/11/2018 at 4:26 AM, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

This^

:doh:

On 12/11/2018 at 4:26 AM, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Couldn't do it today oh well

On 12/11/2018 at 12:12 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

No, no he's not.  Hes a blockhead.   

Based on your name  ...   If you weren't so biased  you'd see that.   

Blockhead? Very intelligent comment. He did what he had to do to win the game. Field position didn’t matter, he took what was given to him.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Couldn't do it today oh well

True, but he showed much poise. Let’s see Allen’s stats tomorrow.

On 12/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

No he isnt

20 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Blockhead? Very intelligent comment. He did what he had to do to win the game. Field position didn’t matter, he took what was given to him.

True, but he showed much poise. Let’s see Allen’s stats tomorrow.

"Poise"

Oh boy

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Darnold just spread the ball to 9 different targets and 7 of them were back up players. He showed the ability to elevate the play of the trash around him. That’s the mark of a franchise QB

"Trash around him"

That Robbie guy really sucks......could you put in a word that the jets dont really need him and low tender him?  I promise will talk to the bills and not offer him a contract.

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"Poise"

Oh boy

"Trash around him"

That Robbie guy really sucks......could you put in a word that the jets dont really need him and low tender him?  I promise will talk to the bills and not offer him a contract.

Robby is literally the only player that is any good and he wasn’t even linking up with Darnold until a few weeks ago. He is one of 2 starters out of 9 that caught passes from Darnold today.

Andre Roberts is our KR/PR and he’s a terrible WR

Kearse has been god awful all year.

Enunwa was inactive

Herndon is a 4th round rookie TE(the only other starter)

Leggett is a back up TE

Rashird Mathews was signed two weeks ago and has been nonexistent.

Tomlinson is a back up blocking TE

McGuire is a 3rd string RB before injuries to Powell and Crowell.

Cannon is a 4th string RB

So spare me on the BS notion that he had talent around him. He did this all while being forced to play one dimensional because the run game was nonexistent today.

The kid just got to where the center wasn’t botching snaps and making him chase the ball every play. His Right Tackle just tore his ACL and the rest of the OL ranks nearly first in pressures and the WR’s are 10th in drops.

Darnold grinded out some beautiful plays with, yes, trash around him. Stop being insecure about Allen. He’s good too.

Edited by Patriot Killa
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby is literally the only player that is any good and he wasn’t even linking up with Darnold until a few weeks ago. He is one of 2 starters out of 9 that caught passes from Darnold today.

Andre Roberts is our KR/PR and he’s a terrible WR

Kearse has been god awful all year.

Enunwa was inactive

Herndon is a 4th round rookie TE(the only other starter)

Leggett is a back up TE

Rashird Mathews was signed two weeks ago and has been nonexistent.

Tomlinson is a back up blocking TE

McGuire is a 3rd string RB before injuries to Powell and Crowell.

Cannon is a 4th string RB

So spare me on the BS notion that he had talent around him. He did this all while being forced to play one dimensional because the run game was nonexistent today.

The kid just got to where the center wasn’t botching snaps and making him chase the ball every play. His Right Tackle just tore his ACL and the rest of the OL ranks nearly first in pressures and the WR’s are 10th in drops.

Waaa Waaa Waaa.....where the ***** is my violin

On 12/10/2018 at 4:44 PM, Bob in STL said:

I don't know who I would of taken if given the choice between Allen or Darnold.  I don't follow college close enough.  I like Allen and I think there is hope for him if we can get him some help. 

Darnold looked great when it counted. 

Allen also made a lot of big time throws and gave us the lead... you cannot discount that...

He gave the lead to our defense who has to protect a lead.

that 61 second 0 TO drive literally means nothing... there was about a 5% chance that could pulled off with 1 Time out and a rookie let alone 0 timeouts ... that needed a miracle 

the drive before that Allen was sharp as ever. 

I have no biases and he is Playing 100% better than I expected. He should be sitting but he is getting invaluable experience this season which will benefit him in the long run 

Put him on KC or LA and people would be calling him a budding superstar... we need to keep him upright and get him weapons. That should be priority #1

• Like (+1) 2