Allen vs. Darnold: Analysts Evaluate the Present and Predict the Future

On 12/6/2018 at 2:42 PM, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I put Darnold in here because I am orettt much convinced all these guys have the right stuff.

its just who is going to get the right coaching staff to unlock it.  Like McVay unlocked in Goff or Nagy is unlocking in Trubisky or Reid with Mahomes.

Darnold, right now is stuck on a team with a first time/some say in over his head Offensive Coordinator, No Talent Around him and a Defensive Minded Head Coach.

Now how much can change in one offseason?

The Jets could find a Offensive Minded Head Coach who is and/or hires a innovated offensive coordinator.  The jets do have similar spending money to Buffalo and they could also score offensive talent in Free Agency.  Then there is the draft.

im not guaranteeing it.  But if the Jets try to work the Rams/Bears model their entire offense could look radically different by next year.

And as wobbly as you say Darnold has looked to...don’t you think there were Seahawk, Cardinal, Eagle fans all snickering about chow bad Goff looked under Fisher?

Who says you need an offensive minded head coach to have a good offense?  If you have an offensive coordinator that knows what he's doing, then you are fine.  Daboll has shown in the last few weeks that he knows how to use players with the speed of Foster and Mckenzie.  Let the man work.  We need an injection of talent on that side of the ball that I'm sure we will see this year because of the assets we have.  We have a guy who can chuck it now which will open up the playbook.  He looks for chunk yardage not a dropdown for 3 yards.  

The Goff situation isn't that cut and dry.  They didn't have the proper weapons and the offensive coordinator was working with a rookie and few weapons...just like Daboll.  Tough situation to be in.  Sometimes patience is the answer.  See how the following season they brought in more talent around him.  They built up that offense just like Buffalo could do this offseason with their assets.  I know, I'm anxious too but this is the big offseason post rookie season that helped the Rams and the Eagles jumpstart their teams.  Hoping for the same here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

? advocate: Allen’s passing numbers are on par with Lamar Jackson. 

What distance are most of his passes that are incomplete? If you’re going to look at stats alone, it’s important to look at them all, in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/7/2018 at 1:10 PM, VW82 said:

I don’t think there’s any question those other guys are ahead right now, but it’s really early for all three. Baker looks like the surest thing to me. Allen still has the biggest risk (accuracy and football IQ) but if he ever gets those parts figured out he maybe has the highest upside too. We’re getting way ahead of ourselves though. Step one is to make sure they’re long-term NFL QBs. No one knows that for sure about any of them right now, including the teams they play for, and even themselves (but least of all us).

Given that Darnold has by far more interceptions than Allen,  how do you determine Allen has a bigger accuracy issue? 

Last two posts by the eternal Allen haters. So ridiculous. I'd pick Josh over Darnold and Rosen any time. Mayfield was taken first and he is by far the better one so far. But anyone that says he "knows" for sure how these QBs will look 4-5 years from now are full of it. "It" not being a positive quality.

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't read all of the replies but...

I think Josh Allen got hurt today. At one point I thought he was linking a little.

Anyway, his play really changed during the game and I think that may have been the reason.

The Bills right now ARE Josh Allen.

25 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Allen is trash compared to Darnold, time will prove that out.

Allen is a 50% completion running QB, he will be out of the league in 2-3 years, Darnold will likely play 10+ years for the Jets.

You are 100% correct.

I cannot understand what Buffalo Bills fans see in QB Josh Allen.

:mellow: