Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think he’s just there for the ribs. 

I’d hate to see him go there on the cheap, actually TRY and get a SB ring. THAT would rub me wrong!!!

Doesn't KC have to pick up his bloated salary if they take him on. The Bills shouldn't be paying this idiot to play on another team.

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Doesn't KC have to pick up his bloated salary if they take him on. The Bills shouldn't be paying this idiot to play on another team.

No. He cleared waivers so his previous contract is done. KC is free to negotiate any deal they'd like with him.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Thanks 1

Mahomes still has enough other options to avoid having to throw it KB’s way, fortunately for KC fans...even if he signs there. However, it will also allow D coordinators to account for one less route runner 😁

He should exceed there, Sammy Watkins is the best WR in the league at decoying, should open KB up for more passes.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Who sang that song 

The Lady In Red

that was my first thought when reading this 

Chris de Burgh.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I think he’s just there for the ribs. 

I’d hate to see him go there on the cheap, actually TRY and get a SB ring. THAT would rub me wrong!!!

I would be ok with it because it means no NE in the Super Bowl.

Whatever it takes

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

So this fat-ass do nothing wanker can get paid twice for sucking his way out of town.  If that is true the CBA, owners and players union need to get this fixed. 

What incentive does a player with a guaranteed contract have to play well. Benjamin basically gives no effort, sucks to the point the team is forced to drop him, then picks up a paycheck from that team, goes to another team and gets paid again. He finally performs well and cashes in again. This is madness! There is no way in any other profession on earth could you perform like this and not be punished.

• Thanks 1

He must like BBQ more than wings

• Haha 1

The Athletic has an interesting article on him:

The reality is that Benjamin was largely misunderstood. His body language wasn’t perfect, and he undoubtedly rubbed some people in the building the wrong way, but he had his supporters, too. It’s believed one of Benjamin’s problems was that he was pressing too much. This was a contract year for Benjamin, and every drop was eating him up. He hinted at that when he said this season was the worst of his entire football career and that he was looking forward to a fresh start.”

i believe it’s important to recognize that we have a sliver of the story, at best, when trashing these guys. I get it’s a message board but...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

KC has too pay him about 550 k a game of he signs.

Nah.  He cleared waivers, so they are free to negotiate a contract with him.

Whether or not he double-dips or the Bills have it subtracted from the ~$2M they owe him, depends on contract details.

• Thanks 1

Mahommes MVP season run just came to a screeching halt ;)

10 targets 8 drops per game ;)

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

The reality is that Benjamin was largely misunderstood. His body language wasn’t perfect, and he undoubtedly rubbed some people in the building the wrong way, but he had his supporters, too. It’s believed one of Benjamin’s problems was that he was pressing too much. This was a contract year for Benjamin, and every drop was eating him up. He hinted at that when he said this season was the worst of his entire football career and that he was looking forward to a fresh start.”

i believe it’s important to recognize that we have a sliver of the story, at best, when trashing these guys. I get it’s a message board but...

I feel so bad for the millionaire man/child ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not shocked that some team would want to kick the tires on KB. Teams are very thirsty for WR play and there aren't many decent WR's on the market so bringing a guy in for a workout who just hit the market makes sense. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Magox said:

He should exceed there, Sammy Watkins is the best WR in the league at decoying, should open KB up for more passes.

Watkins is such a decoy, he hasn't been on the field since early in the game Nov 19th.  Stealth decoy.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

So this fat-ass do nothing wanker can get paid twice for sucking his way out of town.  If that is true the CBA, owners and players union need to get this fixed. 

What incentive does a player with a guaranteed contract have to play well. Benjamin basically gives no effort, sucks to the point the team is forced to drop him, then picks up a paycheck from that team, goes to another team and gets paid again. He finally performs well and cashes in again. This is madness! There is no way in any other profession on earth could you perform like this and not be punished.

Don't worry..... they will raise ticket prices to cover it ;)

6 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Don't worry..... they will raise ticket prices to cover it ;)

...or get POPEYES as a major sponsor.......Yolo found him (see above)............

40 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

What incentive does a player with a guaranteed contract have to play well.

Uhhh, to get a new contract? KB had every incentive in the world to play well this season.

Maybe they're looking at him as a backup TE for Kelce?

16 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

You could feel the disappointment when he dropped that would be TD against NYJ.

I'm glad the guy is no longer a Bill, but some people spend way too much time analyzing body language, etc. We have no idea what's actually in his heart.

His poor play spoke for itself, but I think some of the criticism is unwarranted. He's no longer the Bills problem.

• Thanks 1