Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What if it was a combination of pressing too hard and ego?

It could very well be that he prefers to be viewed as lazy than just plain ineffective.

Kind of like a drunk who also happens to suck at life sober. You almost prefer to be labeled a drunk because it's better than "loser."

Wow. You really described me perfectly just now.. I'm just like Kelvin Benjamin!

• Haha 3

I’m curious, does anyone know if he dropped the pen before signing? Did he take longer than usual to complete the signing? 

I'm late to this thread, I know. 

I really didn't care that Benjamin got cut, and I really don't care if he succeeds in KC.   If he does, it will be good for him, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.   He got a lot of hate around here because of his performance, but he's just guy who couldn't get it done here.   He's gone to a great offensive coach with an offense that won't ask him to do a lot, and he may make plays for the Chiefs.

I don't care because because whether he might succeed someplace else, McB decided that he wasn't going to succeed in Buffalo.   Better to let others have a shot and reload next season.  

And I don't fault McB for getting him in the first place.   There's no question they're figuring a lot out as they go.   They both are doing new, much more complicated jobs in Buffalo than they'd ever had before.   And even the very best coaches and GMs in the business don't get personnel decisions correct all the time.   McB are in a process of learning themselves, just as much as they expect their players to be in a process.   

Frankly, since they figured out that Allen was the guy to get and then got him to the Bills, they can have half a dozen mistakes like Benjamin and they're still ahead of the game.  

• Like 1

I'm gonna give KB some credit for not throwing the Bills under the bus. 

I don't think he's a bad guy. Just a poor wide receiver.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm late to this thread, I know. 

I really didn't care that Benjamin got cut, and I really don't care if he succeeds in KC.   If he does, it will be good for him, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.   He got a lot of hate around here because of his performance, but he's just guy who couldn't get it done here.   He's gone to a great offensive coach with an offense that won't ask him to do a lot, and he may make plays for the Chiefs.

I don't care because because whether he might succeed someplace else, McB decided that he wasn't going to succeed in Buffalo.   Better to let others have a shot and reload next season.  

And I don't fault McB for getting him in the first place.   There's no question they're figuring a lot out as they go.   They both are doing new, much more complicated jobs in Buffalo than they'd ever had before.   And even the very best coaches and GMs in the business don't get personnel decisions correct all the time.   McB are in a process of learning themselves, just as much as they expect their players to be in a process.   

Frankly, since they figured out that Allen was the guy to get and then got him to the Bills, they can have half a dozen mistakes like Benjamin and they're still ahead of the game.  

I think most dislike him because because it wasn’t a “trying hard and can’t make it happen thing.” 

He just didn’t give effort and was busy running his mouth instead of being a man and doing his job.

If he plays these four games without keeling over and dying, it would probably help his value in FA. He was a complete bust with the Bills. 

I am already impressed he made it to Kansas City. They like to win there

• Like 1

I find it very interesting that both our #1WR have gone to sign with Andy Reid.  I guess them being jettisoned may not be that McDermot didnt like their effort they just weren't fits.  I dont see Reid signing them without a good word from McD.

I dont think KB was lacking physically so much as mentaly.  The offense was too complex for his brain that is unfortunately smaller than his gut.  I am actually interested to see how he does in KC.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:00 PM, stosh64 said:

Was that you that posted as "Gobills12"?

It was a detailed, well thought out post explaining exactly why we let KB go.

The response it received was rather harsh.💣

Interesting board they have over there😎

Nope, that was me. They softened up a tad. Funny dudes

• Like 1

It won’t matter that their system is new to him so he won’t know their plays.  He never knew the plays in Buffalo, so it won’t be anything different for him.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:40 PM, Augie said:

I’m curious, does anyone know if he dropped the pen before signing? Did he take longer than usual to complete the signing? 

...he did, but was unable to bend over and pick it up.............

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think most dislike him because because it wasn’t a “trying hard and can’t make it happen thing.” 

He just didn’t give effort and was busy running his mouth instead of being a man and doing his job.

I get that, but he's really just a person who didn't fit what McBeane are doing.  He doesn't have the intensity and desire to play on this team. 

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I get that, but he's really just a person who didn't fit what McBeane are doing.  He doesn't have the intensity and desire to play on this team. 

Kinda like Carl Pavano? One of many good players who couldn’t handle the pressure of wearing the pinstripes.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree.  And it wouldn't bother me so much if McDermott and Beane didn't work with KB previously in Carolina.

If they're building a roster based on character and they can't even read the character of a player with whom they've had firsthand experience ... I'm concerned.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:10 PM, Zerovotlz said:

i agree with you....this isn't exciting news to me....due in large part to me following this board...I might be the best informed KC fan about this guy.  SO MANY KC fans see a name they know and instantly "LETS SIGN HIM, HES A BEAST!  (on a side note, the tendancy of the lower IQ among my Chiefs fan base, LOVE the term Beast.  ugh.)  ....KC fan base has a hard time separating Madden from real life (this goes for salary cap issues as well...SIGN EVERYONE!  TRADE FOR EVERYONE!)  

Yav....not sure you have any sort of credibility with your incredibly horrible Pat Mahomes predictions and takes.

I lived in KC from 2006-June of 2018. Every year it’s the same thing, oh the Chefs are great, oh the Chefs are going to the SB, and yet every year they  get to the playoffs and loose. Why should anyone think this year will be any different? Reid did the same thing in Philly. 

As for Mahomes, nope I refuse to appoint him anything. Prescott looked great and now is nothing more than Meh. Kaepernick had a good year, went to a SB and then was nothing more than horrible.

as for KB, he’s useless, he runs sluggish routes and puts zero effort on the field. 

• Thanks 1

that last knee injury took away any bit of juice KB might have still had.  He does not fight hard enough for the 50/50 balls and does not high point the ball to be a effective chain mover with his limited wheels   My guess is he is out of the league within a year or two

wait till he runs a lazy route that makes Mahome get picked.  KC fans will love him.

Edited by bigduke6