Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I get that, but he's really just a person who didn't fit what McBeane are doing.  He doesn't have the intensity and desire to play on this team. 

Kinda like Carl Pavano? One of many good players who couldn’t handle the pressure of wearing the pinstripes.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I get that, but he's really just a person who didn't fit what McBeane are doing.  He doesn't have the intensity and desire to play on this team. 

I agree.  And it wouldn't bother me so much if McDermott and Beane didn't work with KB previously in Carolina.

If they're building a roster based on character and they can't even read the character of a player with whom they've had firsthand experience ... I'm concerned.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:10 PM, Zerovotlz said:

i agree with you....this isn't exciting news to me....due in large part to me following this board...I might be the best informed KC fan about this guy.  SO MANY KC fans see a name they know and instantly "LETS SIGN HIM, HES A BEAST!  (on a side note, the tendancy of the lower IQ among my Chiefs fan base, LOVE the term Beast.  ugh.)  ....KC fan base has a hard time separating Madden from real life (this goes for salary cap issues as well...SIGN EVERYONE!  TRADE FOR EVERYONE!)  

Yav....not sure you have any sort of credibility with your incredibly horrible Pat Mahomes predictions and takes.

I lived in KC from 2006-June of 2018. Every year it’s the same thing, oh the Chefs are great, oh the Chefs are going to the SB, and yet every year they  get to the playoffs and loose. Why should anyone think this year will be any different? Reid did the same thing in Philly. 

As for Mahomes, nope I refuse to appoint him anything. Prescott looked great and now is nothing more than Meh. Kaepernick had a good year, went to a SB and then was nothing more than horrible.

as for KB, he’s useless, he runs sluggish routes and puts zero effort on the field. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

that last knee injury took away any bit of juice KB might have still had.  He does not fight hard enough for the 50/50 balls and does not high point the ball to be a effective chain mover with his limited wheels   My guess is he is out of the league within a year or two

• 3 weeks later...

So far in 2 games with the Chiefs, Benjamin has 4 targets and 1 reception.

I was watching the KC game the other day and saw a very familiar non-catch of a Mahomes pass that went through his alligator mittens to hit the number on the L side of his chest, missing a sure TD.  That's from Mr WonderBack, Mahomes.

8.5 ypg.  KC fans must be thrilled.

Memo to Benjamin: slacking becomes a habit, just like anything else a man keeps doing.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So far in 2 games with the Chiefs, Benjamin has 4 targets and 1 reception.

I was watching the KC game the other day and saw a very familiar non-catch of a Mahomes pass that went through his alligator mittens to hit the number on the L side of his chest, missing a sure TD.  That's from Mr WonderBack, Mahomes.

8.5 ypg.  KC fans must be thrilled.

Memo to Benjamin: slacking becomes a habit, just like anything else a man keeps doing.

By my count, his 7th dropped TD pass this year.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:58 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

That Chiefs board is actually funny, in an unmoderated way.

"Dip the football in ranch" LOL! 

There it is! KB doesn't like blue cheese. These are the important details our front office fail to consider!

On 12/8/2018 at 2:57 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I'm gonna give KB some credit for not throwing the Bills under the bus. 

I don't think he's a bad guy. Just a poor wide receiver.

I'd hold onto that thought. Dude waited just until the Panthers preseason game to trash Cam lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'd hold onto that thought. Dude waited just until the Panthers preseason game to trash Cam lol.

Oh yeah. You could tell he wanted to in that PC. Just giving him credit for not taking the bait......yet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Oh yeah. You could tell he wanted to in that PC. Just giving him credit for not taking the bait......yet.

But it does speak to how much he respects the Bills organization...... for now

Would it be as much of a jab if he said any Quarterback could make him look better than Peterman did like he did with Cam? I don't think that would sting quite as bad. KB. Meet "any other Quarterbacks not named Cam Newton". Peterman! Your starting QB!

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P