Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

This thread title should be changed to read:  With Sammy out, CONLEY has a chance to impress before the playoffs.  I seriously doubt KB is going to get many chances to really "impress" with Hill, Kelce, Conley, and their RB's (who are still good, ware is a quality backup RB who can catch too).

Now, I will say this:  KB knows his next contract is in toilet right now.  His low production and being cut by a WR needy team midseason have put his value in the toilet in terms of a WR1 Type Contract.  So, maybe he comes in highly motivated, chip on his shoulder, starts slimming down and really works his butt off to learn the playbook so come playoff time when on the big stage he can take advantage of some opportunities to try and change peoples minds.  But, if Sammy is back by the playoffs, he is going to lose that shot to get any real field time.  

So for me, I think the next 4 weeks aren't going to provide KB many opportunities because he still needs to learn the playbook too and Mahomes has to adjust to just how slow his fat butt is.  

Kelvin Benjamin: Joining the Chiefs "definitely a blessing" (2:49)

WR Kelvin Benjamin speaks to the media for the first time as a Chief.

Andy Reid: "It's gonna be a great day for football" (4:02)

Head Coach Andy Reid speaks to the media about Eric Berry, the addition of Kelvin Benjamin and facing the Baltimore Ravens at Arrowhead Stadium this Sunday

3 hours ago, stosh64 said:

He still didn't know where to lineup with our playbook.

I would have to guess thats a big NO.  

Stosh, how freaking maddening was that?!

watching Peterman in one of his last games telling this joker where to line up... 8 plus million dollars.  Ridiculous.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Stosh, how freaking maddening was that?!

watching Peterman in one of his last games telling this joker where to line up... 8 plus million dollars.  Ridiculous.

Donuts, I believe the combination of eating a few of your namesakes combined with a lack of caring turned into a volatile mix of lumbering forgetfulness...my question is how long he can fool the Chieftains out west? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What if it was a combination of pressing too hard and ego?

It could very well be that he prefers to be viewed as lazy than just plain ineffective.

Kind of like a drunk who also happens to suck at life sober. You almost prefer to be labeled a drunk because it's better than "loser."

Wow. You really described me perfectly just now.. I'm just like Kelvin Benjamin!

• Haha (+1) 4

I'm late to this thread, I know. 

I really didn't care that Benjamin got cut, and I really don't care if he succeeds in KC.   If he does, it will be good for him, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.   He got a lot of hate around here because of his performance, but he's just guy who couldn't get it done here.   He's gone to a great offensive coach with an offense that won't ask him to do a lot, and he may make plays for the Chiefs.

I don't care because because whether he might succeed someplace else, McB decided that he wasn't going to succeed in Buffalo.   Better to let others have a shot and reload next season.  

And I don't fault McB for getting him in the first place.   There's no question they're figuring a lot out as they go.   They both are doing new, much more complicated jobs in Buffalo than they'd ever had before.   And even the very best coaches and GMs in the business don't get personnel decisions correct all the time.   McB are in a process of learning themselves, just as much as they expect their players to be in a process.   

Frankly, since they figured out that Allen was the guy to get and then got him to the Bills, they can have half a dozen mistakes like Benjamin and they're still ahead of the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm late to this thread, I know. 

I really didn't care that Benjamin got cut, and I really don't care if he succeeds in KC.   If he does, it will be good for him, and he doesn't seem like a bad guy.   He got a lot of hate around here because of his performance, but he's just guy who couldn't get it done here.   He's gone to a great offensive coach with an offense that won't ask him to do a lot, and he may make plays for the Chiefs.

I don't care because because whether he might succeed someplace else, McB decided that he wasn't going to succeed in Buffalo.   Better to let others have a shot and reload next season.  

And I don't fault McB for getting him in the first place.   There's no question they're figuring a lot out as they go.   They both are doing new, much more complicated jobs in Buffalo than they'd ever had before.   And even the very best coaches and GMs in the business don't get personnel decisions correct all the time.   McB are in a process of learning themselves, just as much as they expect their players to be in a process.   

Frankly, since they figured out that Allen was the guy to get and then got him to the Bills, they can have half a dozen mistakes like Benjamin and they're still ahead of the game.  

I think most dislike him because because it wasn’t a “trying hard and can’t make it happen thing.” 

He just didn’t give effort and was busy running his mouth instead of being a man and doing his job.

I find it very interesting that both our #1WR have gone to sign with Andy Reid.  I guess them being jettisoned may not be that McDermot didnt like their effort they just weren't fits.  I dont see Reid signing them without a good word from McD.

I dont think KB was lacking physically so much as mentaly.  The offense was too complex for his brain that is unfortunately smaller than his gut.  I am actually interested to see how he does in KC.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:00 PM, stosh64 said:

Was that you that posted as "Gobills12"?

It was a detailed, well thought out post explaining exactly why we let KB go.

The response it received was rather harsh.?

Interesting board they have over there?

Nope, that was me. They softened up a tad. Funny dudes

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I think most dislike him because because it wasn’t a “trying hard and can’t make it happen thing.” 

He just didn’t give effort and was busy running his mouth instead of being a man and doing his job.

I get that, but he's really just a person who didn't fit what McBeane are doing.  He doesn't have the intensity and desire to play on this team.