Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly could care less....he did not fit with us and I dont hate him.......

Oh that’s what it was ( did not fit ) ? 

More like couldn’t fit in his uniform , 

35 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

since he was signed, are the Bills responsible for paying this lard of sh^t any money. If he ends up playing well in KC, I will really hate him. He gave no effort at all and was a locker room loser to boot.

Benjamin’s salary with the Bills was guaranteed.  It is possible he has offset language, which would mean he won’t collect 2 paychecks and the Bills obligation would be reduced by whatever KC is paying him.  But chances are Bills will still have to pay something.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nah.  He cleared waivers, so they are free to negotiate a contract with him.

Whether or not he double-dips or the Bills have it subtracted from the ~$2M they owe him, depends on contract details.

We are in trouble for same person who signed big stuff signed his contract.

Given the good history between McD and Reid, am kind of surprised Reid picked him up knowing McD wouldn’t have dropped him this unceremoniously without good cause...but maybe Reid thinks KB can still contribute in a higher octane offense. All I can say is, a drop is still an incomplete pass no matter the octane of the system within which it occurs. Good luck KC. Better your problem now than ours. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why would a team leading the division at 10-2 burn a roster spot on signing a guy to “keep him from” the divisions 3rd place team, currently 6-6?

What is up with this Denver fixation?

IF KC thinks they signed a TE, Good Luck Mates!  KB can’t really block and he’s been playing very small for his size.  You’ll see.

Even though we have beaten Denver twice this year already...they have really played us tight...they are a touch matchup for us...they also did have held the Rams to low totals on offense and nearly beat them...they beat the Chargers....Denver has a below average QB holding back the rest of that team.  

As far as Benjamin being a TE, our current back up TE, Demetrious Harris...already can't block and never plays as big has his size either...he's been here 4 years already and hasn't progressed....If Benjamin sucks...that's fine..he sucks and will have cost us next to nothing....if Harris were to get hurt...well...we appear to have his crappy identical twin on the roster now.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting article, but I don't buy it.  I don't want to call a guy names, but my eyeballs say KB was playing as though his head and heart were not in the game and that his attitude and work ethic (on the football field) had everything to do with his release.

I did hear comment from him about being unhappy with QB changes this year which may be he was afraid going to a rookie or sophomore interception machine would hurt his stats or maybe he was just supporting Tyrod Taylor.

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

Even though we have beaten Denver twice this year already...they have really played us tight...they are a touch matchup for us...they also did have held the Rams to low totals on offense and nearly beat them...they beat the Chargers....Denver has a below average QB holding back the rest of that team.  

Below average QB that contended for NFC Championship last year.   Who’s he throwing to?  Ain’t Diggs and Thielen.

But I repeat: you beat Denver twice this year.  Not likely to play them again.  Benjamin just signed for rest of season, so it’s said.  So what’s up with the Denver fixation?

1 minute ago, Zerovotlz said:

As far as Benjamin being a TE, our current back up TE, Demetrious Harris...already can't block and never plays as big has his size either...he's been here 4 years already and hasn't progressed....If Benjamin sucks...that's fine..he sucks and will have cost us next to nothing....if Harris were to get hurt...well...we appear to have his crappy identical twin on the roster now.

I think you’ll find Benjamin hasn’t ever played TE because he can’t, but Good Luck!

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

If the Chiefs actually bite, it's a blessing for KB who will have a chance to actually put in effort, play his hardest, and try and use this last handful of games to bait the Chiefs (or another team) into a long-term signing.  If this happens we'll get to find out how much of this was a declining KB, and how much was a don't give a damn KB.

Maybe it is a "I don't give a damn I am declining, I want to be paid" KB.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Below average QB that contended for NFC Championship last year.   Who’s he throwing to?  Ain’t Diggs and Thielen.

But I repeat: you beat Denver twice this year.  Not likely to play them again.  Benjamin just signed for rest of season, so it’s said.  So what’s up with the Denver fixation?

I think you’ll find Benjamin hasn’t ever played TE because he can’t, but Good Luck!

A simple glance at Case Keenums numbers this year tell enough of the story....or go watch some of their games...Minnesota was right to let him walk.  He's not been good at all this year. .....He has targets and a good run game....Emmanual Sanders is pro bowl caliber WR...The traded Demarryous Thomas, but the Rookie Sutton has impressed...and they have a very strong running game....that offense isn't void of talent.  Sanders just tore his ACL in practice yestarday, so he's done....and they did claim Holmes, the other WR you released.

Again..as far as Benjamin playing TE....and you telling me he can't (and I believe you)  ....well, again, great...our second string TE also can't play TE...so if Benjamin has step into that role, he'll fit right in.

2 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

A simple glance at Case Keenums numbers this year tell enough of the story....or go watch some of their games...Minnesota was right to let him walk.  He's not been good at all this year. .....He has targets and a good run game....Emmanual Sanders is pro bowl caliber WR...The traded Demarryous Thomas, but the Rookie Sutton has impressed...and they have a very strong running game....that offense isn't void of talent.  Sanders just tore his ACL in practice yestarday, so he's done....and they did claim Holmes, the other WR you released.

Again..as far as Benjamin playing TE....and you telling me he can't (and I believe you)  ....well, again, great...our second string TE also can't play TE...so if Benjamin has step into that role, he'll fit right in.

KB refuses to tackle an int returner and refuses to block. How could he play TE avoiding contact?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You being a Chiefs fan I can see your point of if it dont work, not much of a loss financially for you.  But for your fans that think you just landed a gem, I will tell you no more than to watch some of his tape in Buffalo, one of the laziest and effortless players I have saw in a while, not to mention he only catches like 30% of his targets, he consistently drops passes

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I think he’s just there for the ribs. 

I’d hate to see him go there on the cheap, actually TRY and get a SB ring. THAT would rub me wrong!!!

Ha that's funny. The Chefs won't even make it past their first playoff game so don't worry no SB for them, as for KB, I guess KC is in the market for a lazy WR that can't catch. 

25 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

You being a Chiefs fan I can see your point of if it dont work, not much of a loss financially for you.  But for your fans that think you just landed a gem, I will tell you no more than to watch some of his tape in Buffalo, one of the laziest and effortless players I have saw in a while, not to mention he only catches like 30% of his targets, he consistently drops passes

i agree with you....this isn't exciting news to me....due in large part to me following this board...I might be the best informed KC fan about this guy.  SO MANY KC fans see a name they know and instantly "LETS SIGN HIM, HES A BEAST!  (on a side note, the tendancy of the lower IQ among my Chiefs fan base, LOVE the term Beast.  ugh.)  ....KC fan base has a hard time separating Madden from real life (this goes for salary cap issues as well...SIGN EVERYONE!  TRADE FOR EVERYONE!)  

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

Ha that's funny. The Chefs won't even make it past their first playoff game so don't worry no SB for them, as for KB, I guess KC is in the market for a lazy WR that can't catch. 

Yav....not sure you have any sort of credibility with your incredibly horrible Pat Mahomes predictions and takes.

• Like (+1) 1

i agree with you....this isn't exciting news to me....due in large part to me following this board...I might be the best informed KC fan about this guy.  SO MANY KC fans see a name they know and instantly "LETS SIGN HIM, HES A BEAST!  (on a side note, the tendancy of the lower IQ among my Chiefs fan base, LOVE the term Beast.  ugh.)  ....KC fan base has a hard time separating Madden from real life (this goes for salary cap issues as well...SIGN EVERYONE!  TRADE FOR EVERYONE!)  

Yav....not sure you have any sort of credibility with your incredibly horrible Pat Mahomes predictions and takes.

Trust me I understand.....when we signed him I was pumped too!!! I thought we just landed a true #1, couldn't believe it.  Boy, was I dumb

57 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Hey man , the majority of us on here calk it how we see it and aren't going to trash a guy because he's on a different team.

KB was disgusting to watch , i couldn't stand seeing little to no effort on a consistent  basis.  Hes dead last in the league  and currently has the lowest catch % for WR with 50+ targets in the last decade , at 37%. 

Carolina fans said the same to us and we didn't listen.  All i can say is , you'll see. Don't get tour hopes up man. if you got time , watch literally any game he played this year and get back to us after that... We wanted him gone weeks ago , he's a disgrace 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Hey man , the majority of us on here calk it how we see it and aren't going to trash a guy because he's on a different team.

KB was disgusting to watch , i couldn't stand seeing little to no effort on a consistent  basis.  Hes dead last in the league  and currently has the lowest catch % for WR with 50+ targets in the last decade , at 37%. 

Carolina fans said the same to us and we didn't listen.  All i can say is , you'll see. Don't get tour hopes up man. if you got time , watch literally any game he played this year and get back to us after that... We wanted him gone weeks ago , he's a disgrace 

I said it already..but yeah....I don't have high hopes about this....the Chiefs made a low risk, low money investment in a guy who at one time, a long time ago, showed a little....fine...we paid out some pennies to kick the tires...I read this board all the time and have read ALL the stuff you find folks have posted about Benjamin..and I have watch a few of the games....(ever since the Trade and the drafting of Allen, I can't get enough of watching the Bills....love the passion of the fan base here...and am glad to be on this board..great place to talk football)  ......I think KC sees this as SUPER cheap depth....and anything else would be gravy....contract just for the rest of this year....I'm not hoping for or expecting much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1