Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

Former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin is set to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, Ian Rapoport reports. Benjamin was released by the Bills on Tuesday.

Kelvin Benjamin's foray into free agency has been brief.

The former Buffalo Bills wide receiver is set to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Benjamin was waived by the Bills on Tuesday and went unclaimed on waivers Wednesday and visited with the Chiefs. By signing with Kansas City, Benjamin more or less ensures he'll be playing for a team bound for the postseason before becoming a free agent again this offseason.

ESPN first reported the development.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 3

Depending on where he lands (i.e. a city that HE likes) will dictate how hard he tries... 

It was blatantly obvious he did not want to be in BUFFALO... 

Sad, because a lot of people stick around WNY after their careers are over. They love it here. His lack of love for Buffalo might have to do with how much of a party life he wants to lead (I am just speculating, not accusing). While we lead a good life here, we are certainly not MIAMI...

If he doesn't have a good year next year I will be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. And, for the record, I just moved BACK to Buffalo after being gone 29 years ((6 years in Los Angeles ('90 to '96 - uh, wow....I like to say I got paroled from there) and (22 years in Colorado -  HIGH! How are you?)). I should have moved back years ago...

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think he’s just there for the ribs. 

I’d hate to see him go there on the cheap, actually TRY and get a SB ring. THAT would rub me wrong!!!

KC isn't winning the SB so no worries there my friend. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think he’s just there for the ribs. 

I’d hate to see him go there on the cheap, actually TRY and get a SB ring. THAT would rub me wrong!!!

KC has too pay him about 550 k a game of he signs.

26 minutes ago, Chargin' Buffalo said:

It was blatantly obvious he did not want to be in BUFFALO... 

He didn't want to be in Charlotte either.