Lorax - should he be extended?

YoloinOhio

I'd say sign him to a 1 year deal. He is old, but he hasn't had a lot of playing time in his career.

But I view LB as a need. It would be great to sign a good OLB and probably some LB depth. Lorenzo is best used as a situational pass rusher and off the bench linebacker, in my opinion.

Absolutely

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont see it.....Lorax is a bill in his blood at this point

He has even said as much.  He will stay as long as they dont lowball him.  What he is looking for is whats "fair" he even said he understands he is older and they may feel he could fall off the cliff.

...think I'd give him a nice bump in his base for "a helluva job well done" on the field, in the locker room and off the field.....throw in some LTBE incentives as far as snaps, PT. etc to sweeten the pot.....he wants to be here so no sense in screwing the pooch to take advantage of his dedication despite being 36 (sure as hell wish I could REMEMBER 36, 46 or even 56....DAMMIT)....thumbgrin.gif

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Shouldn't even be a question.  Sometimes guys defy the odds and are able to play at a high level into their mid and late 30's.  Lorax with his exceptional conditioning and his elite level on field awareness had him playing at basically a pro bowl level at 35.  Imo we have too many holes to fill and losing Alexander would just add another big hole.  He has another good year in him.

One thing that I always thought was a little odd though...  when the team was watching the Boyd TD that got us into the playoffs last season, the entire team was freaking out, while Lorax was at his locker politely clapping.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

One thing that I always thought was a little odd though...  when the team was watching the Boyd TD that got us into the playoffs last season, the entire team was freaking out, while Lorax was at his locker politely clapping.  

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

And we all know how much Bills fans hate clapping! ???

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Shouldn't even be a question.  Sometimes guys defy the odds and are able to play at a high level into their mid and late 30's.  Lorax with his exceptional conditioning and his elite level on field awareness had him playing at basically a pro bowl level at 35.  Imo we have too many holes to fill and losing Alexander would just add another big hole.  He has another good year in him.

Lorax also has been mostly a special teams player for most of his career. Before coming to Buffalo he had logged 16 starts in 11 previous seasons. So I think its fair to think he could have 1-2 more good years left. He was the second best pass rusher on the team and considering he won't come super expensive (I can't see him commanding more than 6 million on a 1-2 year deal) it is worth it in my mind to bring him back.