Lorax - should he be extended?

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure. He’s already accepted his role as vet depth and situationally he’s still making an impact. 

Like Kyle worth a spot until he’s not. 

He and Dahlin have Shirley temples at the Pegula hiloday party 

Do you think the bartender IDs them at these parties?

Yes, but the Bills need to be careful about the kind of contract they offer him.  A multi-year deal with lots of guaranteed money ought to get them pause.  A one or two year deal would be fine with a modest signing bonus.

For sure. He is playing exactly where he should which is as a 2 down SAM and a nickel pass rusher. He does a lot of very nice things for our defense and special teams. I know a lot of people aren't into intangible stuff, but teh leadership and mentoring he offers is worth every penny, and he can still play at a high level. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes.  (1) LORAX is like James Harrison.  He's playing his best ball in his 30's ;and (2) he can help our defensive Josh Allen (who may be BPA when we draft) get acclimated to the NFL!  Or whoever we draft for OLB. 

Edited by RyanC883

I've been pleasantly surprised with Lorax this year; considering his age I thought he might fall off a cliff.  Quite the opposite, he's playing his best football ever.

I hope they do sign him.  Agree with the sentiment that he provides a veteran presence and value on ST on top of his defensive performance.  Even if he takes a step back he's of tremendous value for those two reasons, assuming he doesn't ask for a truckload of money (doesn't seem the type, will probably be happy with a "fair" contract assuming he still wants to play).  Of course, try to draft/sign his eventual replacement, but keep him if he's interested.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if he would have an interest in coaching post-career. He seems to like the media stuff and may not want the time commitment of coaching, but I think he would be really good. Especially having experience at so many different positions and schemes. 

good point.  If not, I could see him being an announcer.  Would be nice to have a defensive guy in the broadcast booth.  Most seem to be offensive guys lately. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think it’s crazy that he has a daughter older than Tremaine Edmunds 

No doubt.

What was he, 14 when she was conceived?

I was just starting to learn about my junk and what it could do at that age.