Lorax - should he be extended?

YoloinOhio

I certainly hope they do. Since so much of his career was not as an every down player, it stands to reason that he could ‘safely’ play another year or two...or until they mutually agree have him retire. 

I’d loathe seeing him in another teams uni. 

absolutely...

people forget, he doesn't have many miles on those legs because he really wasn't playing on a regular basis til he came to Buffalo and he doesn't appear to have lost a step at all, as that graphic shows, he's playing tremendously as a pass rusher. He fits what McD is looking for off the field like a glove as well and with a very young team, he's a great influence in that locker room and on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sure. He’s already accepted his role as vet depth and situationally he’s still making an impact. 

Like Kyle worth a spot until he’s not. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think it’s crazy that he has a daughter older than Tremaine Edmunds 

He and Dahlin have Shirley temples at the Pegula hiloday party 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think it’s crazy that he has a daughter older than Tremaine Edmunds 

Oh, My.

He just seems like someone who LOVES to play football.

The exchanges between Zo and Steve Smith on GMFB about deep acupuncture and what it takes to get right vs. young guys are classic

pic.twitter.com/RCv7p5sxAy

(also apparently Smith and Alexander's wives were college roommates.  that's some funny stuff there)

Cover1 talks Zo on the field:

https://www.cover1.net/lorenzo-alexanders-unreal-level-of-play-in-2018/

If he wants to play, keep him.

• Like (+1) 1

He wasn't signed for his fit in Rex's scheme he was signed for his special teams play. Then Shaq went down, Manny Lawson struggled and had a PED issue and suddenly Lorax was in.

I was for cutting him last year because as an off the ball backer in this scheme going sideline to sideline he struggled. They hit on the way to use him effectively in that playoff game in Jacksonville and he has been lights out this year. If he wants a 1 year extension I'd give him one.

• Like (+1) 1