Bears won't let season ticket holder wear Packers jersey

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Petty of the bears is right but that's their right.  Dumb moves bearsies

No it isnt their right.  As long as he is not disrespectful and the attire is not inappropriate he can express himself any way he sees fit.  He is a patron not an employee.

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Suing for the right to be curb-stomped by Bears fans.

He'd be safe in Pittsburgh as long as he wasnt pregnant and youre safe in Buffalo as long as you dont bump into the County Sheriff.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

You clearly didn't read the article. He lives in Green Bay and has season tickets to the Packers. He never misses a home game. He also has season tickets to the Bears and probably only goes to the Bears-Packers game at Soldier Field. Maybe one other one if the Packers aren't home and he feels like it. Otherwise, he just sells them. Basically, he has Bears season tickets so he can have good seats Bears-Packers game without paying a huge amount for them. I also bet he makes a profit off those Bears' season tickets, which helps him pay for his Packers' season tickets. 

I did read it, though not the second-half.  When I got to the point that this restriction applied only to  "on field passes," the conclusion that this guy is a moron can be reached.  They aren't prohibiting him from wearing Green Bay appeal anywhere else.  Put a Bears jacket over your packers stuff, or an NFL jacket, etc.    File a federal lawsuit=moron/jack*as. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No it isnt their right.  As long as he is not disrespectful and the attire is not inappropriate he can express himself any way he sees fit.  He is a patron not an employee.

He'd be safe in Pittsburgh as long as he wasnt pregnant.

Uhh. Uhhhh exsqueeze me?  Why isn't it there a right for them?  This is entirely their right. It's their business and they can do so.  Masterpiece cake, brahhhh.

5 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I'm from upstate NY originally and live in NC now and am very excited to wear my Sabres jersey at the Hurricanes game next month. As much as I hate to say it, there are Patriots fans who live in Buffalo and have every right to support the team they love when they come to town.  I'm sure the Bears ownership has no problem with Pack fans buying $15 beers and $10 hot dogs tho when they are in the stadium.  This is stupid.

I’ve spend a lot of time in Charlotte and there are people there who don’t even know they have a hockey, much less won a Stanley Cup.  I think you will survive that “hostile “ environment.

and if you bought the ticket, you should be able to wear whatever jersey you want.  That’s on Bears fans.

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ve spend a lot of time in Charlotte and there are people there who don’t even know they have a hockey, much less won a Stanley Cup.  I think you will survive that “hostile “ environment.

and if you bought the ticket, you should be able to wear whatever jersey you want.  That’s on Bears fans.

It says the dude is a season ticket holder

I have to think there is more to this story.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

This fan sounds like a moron.  He can't wear opposing teams apparel on the sideline.  He can wear it during the game.  Is it a dumb rule: Yes.  Is it worth filing a federal lawsuit over: No.   Sounds like he has a case of victimitis. 

Write to the newspaper and make the Bears look bad if you want, but this guy comes off looking like a clown for filing a federal lawsuit over not being able to wear packers gear during a bears game.  And why does he have Bears season tix if he's such a huge Packers fan?   Shouldn't he be watching Packers games?

Apparently, he buys 5 season tickets each year, uses them with his family when the Pack come to town, and sells the rest on StubHub.

Per the article, the issue isn't him wearing Packers gear in the stadium, but the Bears put on special Season Ticket Holder perk events that he qualifies for (by virtue of having 5 seasons for years), and he wants to wear his gear on the sidelines at those.

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Uhh. Uhhhh exsqueeze me?  Why isn't it there a right for them?  This is entirely their right. It's their business and they can do so.  Masterpiece cake, brahhhh.

Because he purchased those seats. In other words he paid for the right for his person and attire to occupy those seats and therefore they sold any rights they have to said property as long as he does not commit any misconduct.

9 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Im not an attorney, but doesn’t this fall under the fan’s 1st amendment rights?

Bingo

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Because he purchased those seats. In other words he paid for the right for his person and attire to occupy those seats and therefore they sold any rights they have to said property as long as he does not commit any misconduct.

Bingo

The argument isn't him wearing the gear at his seats. It's him wearing the gear on the field during pregame festivities. 

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

The argument isn't him wearing the gear at his seats. It's him wearing the gear on the field during pregame festivities. 

Its still the same.  What if his shirt had a picture of Martin Luther King on it and they said he couldnt wear it.  Im going to the extreme but I guess its necessary to go there for you to understand.

Where does a teacher get the money for 5 seasons tix in Chicago plus another set at Lambeau, plus the legal fees? (My FIRST thought.) Good for him! I like his spunk, but I also get where the teams come from. He earned his points and I’d like to see David beat Goliath in this case. What does it reallly hurt? Maybe show a little open-mindedness. 

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its still the same.  What if his shirt had a picture of Martin Luther King on it and they said he couldnt wear it.  Im going to the extreme but I guess its necessary to go there for you to understand.

That's not what you wrote. You clearly stated "seats." That's a lot different than being on the field for pregame festivities. You don't need to insult me. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Where does a teacher get the money for 5 seasons tix in Chicago plus another set at Lambeau, plus the legal fees? (My FIRST thought.) Good for him! I like his spunk, but I also get where the teams come from. He earned his points and I’d like to see David beat Goliath in this case. What does it reallly hurt? Maybe show a little open-mindedness. 

Guys, he sells most of the Bears tickets. I bet they always go for above face value, which is what he pays as a season ticket holder. It really isn't that inconceivable.