Bears won't let season ticket holder wear Packers jersey

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

“Lord (George) McCaskey (Bears chairman) has picked a fight with the wrong peasant,” he said.

I'm no fan of lawsuits but actually, I think I kind of like this guy

He's not seeking damages, he just wants to wear his outfit.  I agree with you.  I can support this.  The guy pays his money just like everyone else.  Who are the Bears to tell him he can't wear a Packer jersey?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The Bears hope this fellow would remember the Golden Rule.  'Whoever has got the gold makes the rules'.

Bet they monitor the 5 seats he owns every week looking for an excuse to take the seats away.  The guy said he owns the seats just to go to the Packers game and sells them the rest of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm from upstate NY originally and live in NC now and am very excited to wear my Sabres jersey at the Hurricanes game next month. As much as I hate to say it, there are Patriots fans who live in Buffalo and have every right to support the team they love when they come to town.  I'm sure the Bears ownership has no problem with Pack fans buying $15 beers and $10 hot dogs tho when they are in the stadium.  This is stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

I've seen plenty of Bills fans on the sidelines of pre-game warmups at road games.  I assume they are friends of the suite holders or whoever they are attending the game with to get that sideline access.  Most people, however, are wearing just a t-shirt, hoodie, cap, etc.. Nothing like the Pack fan in the article.  

25 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I'm from upstate NY originally and live in NC now and am very excited to wear my Sabres jersey at the Hurricanes game next month. As much as I hate to say it, there are Patriots fans who live in Buffalo and have every right to support the team they love when they come to town.  I'm sure the Bears ownership has no problem with Pack fans buying $15 beers and $10 hot dogs tho when they are in the stadium.  This is stupid.

This dude is a season. Ticket holder thoug

This fan sounds like a moron.  He can't wear opposing teams apparel on the sideline.  He can wear it during the game.  Is it a dumb rule: Yes.  Is it worth filing a federal lawsuit over: No.   Sounds like he has a case of victimitis. 

Write to the newspaper and make the Bears look bad if you want, but this guy comes off looking like a clown for filing a federal lawsuit over not being able to wear packers gear during a bears game.  And why does he have Bears season tix if he's such a huge Packers fan?   Shouldn't he be watching Packers games?

I received sideline pre-game passes  for a Ravens-Bills game in Baltimore game way back in da day. I was instructed even then to take my Bills hat off or they would not let me on the sideline...so i did .

BTW, met TD as he was doing his pregame ritual of drinking Satans blood.

55 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

This fan sounds like a moron.  He can't wear opposing teams apparel on the sideline.  He can wear it during the game.  Is it a dumb rule: Yes.  Is it worth filing a federal lawsuit over: No.   Sounds like he has a case of victimitis. 

Write to the newspaper and make the Bears look bad if you want, but this guy comes off looking like a clown for filing a federal lawsuit over not being able to wear packers gear during a bears game.  And why does he have Bears season tix if he's such a huge Packers fan?   Shouldn't he be watching Packers games?

You clearly didn't read the article. He lives in Green Bay and has season tickets to the Packers. He never misses a home game. He also has season tickets to the Bears and probably only goes to the Bears-Packers game at Soldier Field. Maybe one other one if the Packers aren't home and he feels like it. Otherwise, he just sells them. Basically, he has Bears season tickets so he can have good seats Bears-Packers game without paying a huge amount for them. I also bet he makes a profit off those Bears' season tickets, which helps him pay for his Packers' season tickets. 

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

If the Bears prevail in this suit, and ticket holders that are fans of other NFL franchises give up their season tickets, half of the Dolphins, Jags, and Buc's seats will be empty.

you didn't read the article

he's part of a sideline pass thing