Zay Jones +/- first 100 Yard Game

10 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I did too, also picked up Zay but he's on the bench for now. I'm debating to start him.

Dude, I'm second and my league and barely holding on to my playoff spot, but I'm still going for it.  Jets have given up the fourth most points to WRs,  Zay is the clear number 1 on this team, and Allen is starting to sling it.  This and the rest of my WRs are terrible.   

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

With KB and Andre Holmes gone. Who else thinks Zay Jones gets fed this week?

Was last week a turning point or aberration?

Thompson and Foster are deep threats. Cork it up and let them fly.

Zay Jones is now the clear cut intermediate guy. I hope we go deep early and often, but what is your thought on Zay Jones?

+/- 10 targets?

+/- first 100 yd game?

I am leaning to yes on first 100 yd game, and 10 targets.

Fantasy Related:

I lost AJ Green and Sanders to IR the last two weeks, I picked up Zay Jones.

Hoping for a miracle, the cuts give me hope.

I want to think Allen and Jones are getting 'in sync'

I’m rolling with Allen and Jones in my fantasy playoff. I just have a hunch they will both have a big day. I usually hit on those when I have a gut feeling.  

My team is good, I will be sitting Wentz and Wilson. Also lost AJ Green.

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Dude, I'm second and my league and barely holding on to my playoff spot, but I'm still going for it.  Jets have given up the fourth most points to WRs,  Zay is the clear number 1 on this team, and Allen is starting to sling it.  This and the rest of my WRs are terrible.   

You have to take risks to win

On 12/5/2018 at 8:51 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Let’s all keep in mind Zay still had some drops and only put up less than 70 yards last week.  People talking about him like he put up 10 catches and 180 yards last week.  

It was an ecouraging game, and I’m happy Zay showed signs, but I want to see less drops and him get open on his actual route, not come open because Josh ran for his life scrambling and Zay got free cuz it’s so hard for a DB to hold coverage on a WR for a long time in those situations.  

Zay needs to PROVE he can get open consistently by running good routes and gaining separation.  We can’t bank on Allen scrambling and buying a ton of time for the DB to lose track of Zay.  If our WRs get open more then Allen can get ball out quicker and not have to run for his life as much

I posted the above earlier this week.  It’s just like I said, people way over exaggerated last week to be more than what it was.  

Zay needs to prove he can get open on his route and gain separation, not improvising when Allen is running for his life where it’s hard for a DB to hold coverage that long. And he needs to prove he can make catches consistently.

Today showed his flaws are still rampant and he isn’t close to being a quality starting WR yet.  Foster is better than Zay right now and has the speed to stretch the field.  

Zay right now is projecting as a #3 WR at best next year here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I posted the above earlier this week.  It’s just like I said, people way over exaggerated last week to be more than what it was.  

Zay needs to prove he can get open on his route and gain separation, not improvising when Allen is running for his life where it’s hard for a DB to hold coverage that long. And he needs to prove he can make catches consistently.

Today showed his flaws are still rampant and he isn’t close to being a quality starting WR yet.  Foster is better than Zay right now and has the speed to stretch the field.  

Zay right now is projecting as a #3 WR at best next year here.

You made a very valid point earlier this week when you posted that Zay was really going to have his work cut out for him now that he would be facing the opposing team's top corner week in, week out.  

Today was definitely not a good day for Zay at all..