Zay Jones +/- first 100 Yard Game

With KB and Andre Holmes gone. Who else thinks Zay Jones gets fed this week?

Was last week a turning point or aberration?

Thompson and Foster are deep threats. Cork it up and let them fly.

Zay Jones is now the clear cut intermediate guy. I hope we go deep early and often, but what is your thought on Zay Jones?

+/- 10 targets?

+/- first 100 yd game?

I am leaning to yes on first 100 yd game, and 10 targets.

Fantasy Related:

I lost AJ Green and Sanders to IR the last two weeks, I picked up Zay Jones.

Hoping for a miracle, the cuts give me hope.

I want to think Allen and Jones are getting 'in sync'

• Haha (+1) 1

Let’s all keep in mind Zay still had some drops and only put up less than 70 yards last week.  People talking about him like he put up 10 catches and 180 yards last week.  

It was an ecouraging game, and I’m happy Zay showed signs, but I want to see less drops and him get open on his actual route, not come open because Josh ran for his life scrambling and Zay got free cuz it’s so hard for a DB to hold coverage on a WR for a long time in those situations.  

Zay needs to PROVE he can get open consistently by running good routes and gaining separation.  We can’t bank on Allen scrambling and buying a ton of time for the DB to lose track of Zay.  If our WRs get open more then Allen can get ball out quicker and not have to run for his life as much

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I did too, also picked up Zay but he's on the bench for now. I'm debating to start him.

Me too, just for kicks. 1 week regular season to go. I'm in the playoffs regardless and a weaker seed could help.

May start Allen and Jones for playoff experience LOL

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

I did too, also picked up Zay but he's on the bench for now. I'm debating to start him.

I grabbed Zay too, but hard to start him.  First game as #1 WR with Josh, he’s gonna draw top DB now each week.  And he still only had 4 catches for less than 67 yards, so could be TD dependent in fantasy.  Hope he blows up, but a risky play for week 1 of fantasy playoffs. 

Ive got Russell Wilson and Jamies Winston but picked up Allen too.  Wilson has stiff matchup, Winston is playing Saints but guy I’m facing has Mike Evans.  So I’m actually considering to Start Allen who has out scored both of them the last 2 weeks as a sneaky play so Evans doesn’t counterfeit my Winston TDs.

Edited by Alphadawg7

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm starting him over Telvin Coleman and right now have Josh Allen over Deshaun Watson but I'm the number 6 seed facing number 3 seed, but dunno he has a kick butt team with Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, Tarik Cohen, Peyton Barber, Tyreek Hill, DJ Moore ...but I have Lindsay Phillips, Nick Chubbs, Zay Jones, DeAndre Hopkins and Odell Beckham...should be interesting.

4 hours ago, Success said:

Comeback story of the year, imo.  And quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

He’s not a #1, but I could see him as a great #2 for years to come.

He is a #1 right now though and Zay isn't finished developing. Still a young player. I'd like to see his volume increased. Bills should draft a few guys but I don't think even a 1st round pick would beat out Zay Jones for WR1 next year. Don't see any free agents that could challenge Zay Jones for that job either. Marquise Brown and Parris Campbell would be nice though. Either of them could play second fiddle to Zay.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Let’s all keep in mind Zay still had some drops and only put up less than 70 yards last week.  People talking about him like he put up 10 catches and 180 yards last week.  

It was an ecouraging game, and I’m happy Zay showed signs, but I want to see less drops and him get open on his actual route, not come open because Josh ran for his life scrambling and Zay got free cuz it’s so hard for a DB to hold coverage on a WR for a long time in those situations.  

Zay needs to PROVE he can get open consistently by running good routes and gaining separation.  We can’t bank on Allen scrambling and buying a ton of time for the DB to lose track of Zay.  If our WRs get open more then Allen can get ball out quicker and not have to run for his life as much

Excellent post.  Definitely encouraged by what I saw from #11, but no corner can cover a receiver forever.  Hoping Zay works on his route running more and he and Allen build on Sunday's game.  And you make a very valid point in him now facing the top corner from here on out...

Would be thrilled to see him rise to the occasion and finish Sunday with 8 catches for 113 yards and a TD.

I honestly think Foster will benefit the most as I believe they roll Adams over to help the CB with Zay Jones. I'm thinking Foster gets two 30+ yard TD's. I also think McKenzie has his best game as a Bills player. 

ZAY ON THE WAY

It took almost a season-and-a-half, but wide receiver Zay Jones has begun to look like the productive pass-catching machine the Bills drafted in the second round in 2017.  In the last five games, Jones has caught a total of 22 passes for 233 yards and three touchdowns.

His best game came against the Jets four weeks ago— eight receptions for 93 yards and one touchdown. It’s clear, with an average of seven targets in the last five games, that Jones has become Buffalo’s top passing option.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-storylines-for-the-bills-jets-in-week-14

This is no knock on Zay, but I think he will be good for his recent average of 4-5 receptions, for 60-75 yards.

Sure there are some anomaly games for him, but I am honestly pleased he has turned into a solid number 2 (annual 50-60 grabs, 700-800 yards, 5-7 TDs), the position I think he was honestly drafted for last year.

There will be added pressure on him, though, even with Benjamin gone and even though Benjamin wasn't a real threat.

My hope is that Foster and Thompson pick up some of the slack.

Man...this sounds ridiculous in this day and age, but not for this team:  I would be so please if our WRs caught 12 -14 balls this game.

GO BILLS.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just now, CIrvine said:

I don't care how many yards he gets as long as he has a couple of TD's.

yeah. OP should be more worried about TDs. That's the equivalent of 60 yards dummy! He probably has a good team  if he's still playing right now tho.