My FA targets

On 12/6/2018 at 12:31 PM, Agent 91 said:

He slipped through the crack did he just declare? 64 215 could do. I think I would take DK over him now though. Bigger body and a deep ball guy. He uses his length really well and has soft enough hands. Kelvin certain has more than impressive credentials.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/29/2019-draft-3-round-mock-draft-has-bills-addressing-offense-dk-metcalf-yodny-cajuste-tyler-biadasz/amp

This actually wouldn't piss me off at all. 

I would love that mock.

And for the record, I have been saying for awhile now that I firmly believe Metcalf will be the first WR taken and is the best prospect to be a high end #1 WR in the NFL.  He has the size, uses the size, and has the speed to be a top end WR.  He is being over looked a little due to the neck injury, however, he will rise back to the consensus top guy I believe through the combine and offseason workouts.  His injury isnt a risk to his skill set, its a neck injury, not like an ACL or something that could hamper him at the next level.  

There are 7 or 8 guys that have a legit shot at being taken in the first round, and this offseason, combine, workouts, etc will start separating them more.  But I expect it to be Metcalf to finish at the top of those lists most often.  

57 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I didn't think he was all that great late last season. He gets beat with speed and has no ability to recover. It's the 1on1 problems that makes me think he is overrated. 

I agree with you.  I think he's a better fit on the interior.  He just doesn't seem to have the footwork to play tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Would you trade our 1st this year and a 3rd next year for Julio? He is the Stud I want and I think this could get it done

No I would not trade a first round pick this year and a third round pick next year for Julio. That would be foolish. Jones would be going into his 9th yr next year. In addition, he would be a high cost player who is on the downside. If the Bills were a fuller team and competing for a championship with a developed qb it might make sense. But for us in our current rebuilding situation it would make little sense. 

The Bills have a full complement of draft picks and a large cap space to work with. Now is the time to fill the multiple holes on the roster, with the priority being the OL. Julio would eat too much of the cap and for a team in our situation high picks should be prized and used, not sold off for declining marquee players. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No I would not trade a first round pick this year and a third round pick next year for Julio. That would be foolish. Jones would be going into his 9th yr next year. In addition, he would be a high cost player who is on the downside. If the Bills were a fuller team and competing for a championship with a developed qb it might make sense. But for us in our current rebuilding situation it would make little sense. 

The Bills have a full complement of draft picks and a large cap space to work with. Now is the time to fill the multiple holes on the roster, with the priority being the OL. Julio would eat too much of the cap and for a team in our situation high picks should be prized and used, not sold off for declining marquee players. 

He's leading the league in Receiving yards, Has 3 elite years left, would cost like 17M per, and We have 90+ Mill

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Our first in 2020 and a 3rd this year for Julio. Absolutely I'd do it.... Im confident enough in Josh Allen to make this trade and mortgage our 2020 first round pick away for Julio. 

I would love to add Julio. Think he is the perfect fit for Allen. Big wr that can get deep and fights for the ball

But that trade would give flashbacks to the watkins trade

On 12/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Just watched that as well (44-34, ‘90 Div Round). Most amazing was how svelte the OL was. Yes, Ballard was as big as -well, a House, but there were no tubs of goo back then. Hull, Ritcher & Wolford were chiseled fit.

And their small size was a liability to us in the 90's SB's. The bigger OLs of the NFC teams was one of the primary reasons we lost, especially to Dallas.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:06 AM, ProcessTruster said:

Hull , Ritcher and Wolford would get steamrollered in today's game.

They were steamrolled back in the 90's in the Super Bowls.

• Like (+1) 2

We could definitely use a big upgrade at DT to replace Kyle and Harry has not yet shown that he is ready to step up. Our DL as a whole needs an upgrade so we can rush 4 more often and still get pressure. Our run D also needs to improve. An outside corner is a must.

We'll probably get very aggressive about bringing receiving help due to the limited options in FA and he draft class there. My biggest hope, though, is that we sign a franchise LT and C. A solid OL would make Allen's life so much easier and allow him more time to set his feet properly and make better decisions. I also think we'll see a changing of the guard at RB. I look for a Shady trade to Pittsburgh maybe???

There is nothing trustworthy of this regime in regards to their ability to assess talent from their days in Carolina ( a model Buffalo do not want to emulate )  or in buffalo where their personnel moves left us thin with no credible offensive playmakers at WR or O-line which is the same problem they had in Carolina

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love that mock.

And for the record, I have been saying for awhile now that I firmly believe Metcalf will be the first WR taken and is the best prospect to be a high end #1 WR in the NFL.  He has the size, uses the size, and has the speed to be a top end WR.  He is being over looked a little due to the neck injury, however, he will rise back to the consensus top guy I believe through the combine and offseason workouts.  His injury isnt a risk to his skill set, its a neck injury, not like an ACL or something that could hamper him at the next level.  

There are 7 or 8 guys that have a legit shot at being taken in the first round, and this offseason, combine, workouts, etc will start separating them more.  But I expect it to be Metcalf to finish at the top of those lists most often.  

I doubt Tyler Badasz lasts until the third Rnd.  "Best interior lineman in the draft".

Unpopular choice but I'd like the Bills secure him with the first pick. 

Dawkins, Teller, Badass can grow together with Allen. 

Best available (attainable)  fa  Rt/RG

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He's 30. Not 35. He has PLENTY of years left.

He is a high cost player but the Bills have almost $90 million in cap. Julios cap hit is around $13 million in 2019 and 2020. He is a FA in 2021. 

Again, chances are the draft picks you are giving up aren't going to be a hall of fame WR like Julio Jones. 

Julio, along with some more offensive help would make the Bills a Super Bowl contender as early as next year so long as Allen continues to develop and McDermott improves as a HC.

Where is the downside in a trade for Julio? Stop being scared.

Look at the Chicago Bears as a prime example. They were "rebuilding" a year ago too. They are legitimate Super Bowl contenders a year later.

Julio will be in his ninth year next year. I'm not afraid of adding a good player as much as losing a first round pick and giving up the ability to sign a younger player who will be contributing for a longer period of time. 

Let's stop with the delusion that with only an addition of a top tier player such as Julio the Bills will be a SB contending team. It's a far fetched stretch that after another offseason this team is going to be in the running for the SB. I expect Josh Allen to improve next year. He is still at least a few years away from being the caliber of qb that could lead.a team to the biggest trophy in the NFL.

As I said before the Bills have a full complement of draft picks and a sizable amount of cap space. The smart way to utilize those assets is to spread it around and address the many needs on this team, especially focusing on the offense. 

9 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

He's leading the league in Receiving yards, Has 3 elite years left, would cost like 17M per, and We have 90+ Mill

For that $17 M a year you could use that money to bring in two starting offensive linemen. That would be a wiser use of that money. In addition, you would have to give up high draft assets to make a deal for him which means you would forgo the opportunity to bring in a high quality player who would also be cheaper and play longer,  In this case being impulsive is not being smart. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Why? 

Why is that far fetched? I just have you a prime example of a team in the Chicago Bears who SUCKED last year and a year later are now Super Bowl contenders.

If the Bills make bold moves they can certainly do the same. 

Fans are scared of those moves.

Khalil Mack joined the Bears in his fifth year. He is arguably the best defensive player in the game. If Julio was signed by the Bills this offseason he would be entering his ninth season. I'm not interested in giving up a first round pick and more for a player at that late stage in his career. He's not a quick fix. A quicker and better fix for improving the team is instead of using that money you want allocated to him use it for two new starting offensive linemen. 

You can argue this issue to you are exhausted. But the reality is that the McDermott and Beane duo are unlikely to make an expensive Julio deal. It's not in their more cautious makeup. On this type of deal I agree with their approach. 

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Julio will be in his ninth year next year. I'm not afraid of adding a good player as much as losing a first round pick and giving up the ability to sign a younger player who will be contributing for a longer period of time. 

Let's stop with the delusion that with only an addition of a top tier player such as Julio the Bills will be a SB contending team. It's a far fetched stretch that after another offseason this team is going to be in the running for the SB. I expect Josh Allen to improve next year. He is still at least a few years away from being the caliber of qb that could lead.a team to the biggest trophy in the NFL.

As I said before the Bills have a full complement of draft picks and a sizable amount of cap space. The smart way to utilize those assets is to spread it around and address the many needs on this team, especially focusing on the offense. 

For that $17 M a year you could use that money to bring in two starting offensive linemen. That would be a wiser use of that money. In addition, you would have to give up high draft assets to make a deal for him which means you would forgo the opportunity to bring in a high quality player who would also be cheaper and play longer,  In this case being impulsive is not being smart. 

That is NOT the argument. The argument is that adding Julio Jones (i dont think its realistic personally) IN ADDITION to using offseason/draft to shore up the O-line and get other offensive weapons puts us a contender. It is the NFL, any team can win any game at any time. String enough together and you are competing for a superbowl. We have the money and draft capital to secure elite level Juli Jones AND CONTINUE TO BUILD THIS ROSTER...its not an either/or situation. Would be a great get if we could send next years first rounder and a mid round this year for Julio...especially when next years 1st rounder is a late first rounder.

Again I think this is a pipe dream because I don't see the Falcons as wanting to get rid of Julio, but if they wanted to and would we could get him, DO IT. Its part of team building. Not the end all, be all of putting together this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, still holding out hope we can get to pick #2 or #3 and get Bosa with QBs going ahead of him.

Sign Paradis / Saffold / Tyrell Williams

Given what we've seen from Zay / Foster the second half of the year, adding in Tyrell Williams, plus maybe McKenzie / McCloud and use our 3rd / 4th round picks on WR / RB / TE, wherever the value falls and we have the basis to hope some WRs emerge.

Take a OT with our 2nd rounder, if he can push Dawkins to RT it's a bonus.

So Dawkins (or Rookie) / Saffold / Paradis / Teller / Rookie (or Dawkins).

We need one of everything, but right now I would hope to prioritize shoring up the oline.

On 12/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, aristocrat said:

How many rbs were taken before Conner that aren’t as good? You can miss just like any other position 

RBs taken before Conner?

You mean Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt, Joe Mixon and D'Onta Foreman?

I see your point. There were LOTS of misses there. Thanks for proving me wrong. 

Some RBs taken AFTER Conner. Marlon Mack, Tarik Cohen, Aaron Jones, Chris Carson.

Dime a dozen. 

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

On 12/10/2018 at 6:59 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love that mock.

Hes a freak athlete so I agree with everything you laid out. I don't know enough about this caujuste prospect.  But that center is good

On 12/5/2018 at 11:18 PM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

BTW. Give me a list of all the RBs that played in the last 10 Super Bowls.

I can't give you the last 10,but 2 of them had The Beast who was drafted in the first round and was a HUGE factor in his team,'s success.  

Edited by reddogblitz

On 12/11/2018 at 5:16 AM, Ned Kelly said:

I doubt Tyler Badasz lasts until the third Rnd.  "Best interior lineman in the draft".

Unpopular choice but I'd like the Bills secure him with the first pick. 

Dawkins, Teller, Badass can grow together with Allen. 

Best available (attainable)  fa  Rt/RG

If Tyler declares he would be your center - consensus 1st round talent if looking for a stud C.

If he doesn't declare then his line mate Michael Deiter would be a good 2nd round value, not sure he would drop into the 3rd. He's solid, comes from a Wisconsin program that has been churning out NFL-calibre o-linemen for a while now, has played LG, C, LT when needed.

Edited by WideNine
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:49 AM, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Tyrell Williams is a better version of Benjamin.  Great hands, fast, and gives 100% effort.  Not the greatest route runner but good enough.

He is nothing at all like Benjamin. He is an open field speedster, Benjamin is a short yardage contested catch player.