My FA targets

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd keep Shady and draft one. I don't see much of a benefit to cutting Shady and going after a FA vet in that spot. I'd draft a guy who you think by mid season 2019 can be splitting time 50/50 with McCoy and then at the end of next year when Shady's contract is done you let him walk away and your rookie is ready to go into his second season as "the guy". I think if you put a line in front of Shady next year you will get enough production to move the chains. What I wouldn't do is keep shady and draft a guy who is only really a change of pace back. They have to be looking for a guy who might not start day 1 but they are looking at as a potential long term starter.

I think they'll ultimately decide to keep Shady and hope improving the line makes him look more like the guy he was 2-3 years ago, but I just don't think he's anything special anymore to be honest. I think signing one of the guys I mentioned and then drafting someone like maybe Darrel Henderson, Damien Harris, or Karan Higdon is an upgrade while also saving a significant amount of money (unless Tevin Coleman is the one they sign)

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Good piece, but I find it unfathomable that the Jets would let Enunwa go. They have a young quarterback and even more cap room than the Bills. You're probably talking about a MASSIVE overpay to even have a chance.

I would guess that you're probably right

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd keep Shady and draft one. I don't see much of a benefit to cutting Shady and going after a FA vet in that spot. I'd draft a guy who you think by mid season 2019 can be splitting time 50/50 with McCoy and then at the end of next year when Shady's contract is done you let him walk away and your rookie is ready to go into his second season as "the guy". I think if you put a line in front of Shady next year you will get enough production to move the chains. What I wouldn't do is keep shady and draft a guy who is only really a change of pace back. They have to be looking for a guy who might not start day 1 but they are looking at as a potential long term starter.

The cap savings on Shady are significant, I think cutting Shady does give the team 7+ million in cap space. However you probably would have to give a upper tier free agent RB 7 million aav with a significant bonus anyway. Shady on a one year deal might be better since the backs on the open market that would fall into that sensible range (Basically anyone not named Lev Bell) might not rep[resent much of an upgrade over Shady at age 31. 

I think there does need to be a RB drafted in rounds 3-5 at the very least. This team can't go into the season with two older backs in Shady and Ivory without having a young high potential back behind them. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

He slipped through the crack did he just declare? 64 215 could do. I think I would take DK over him now though. Bigger body and a deep ball guy. He uses his length really well and has soft enough hands. Kelvin certain has more than impressive credentials.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/29/2019-draft-3-round-mock-draft-has-bills-addressing-offense-dk-metcalf-yodny-cajuste-tyler-biadasz/amp

This actually wouldn't piss me off at all. 

That's what I'm talking bout!! Grab LJ Scott or Myles Gaskin in the 4th, then BPA

• Like (+1) 1

1.) Matt Paradis, C, Denver 79.0 #3

2.) Ramon Foster, G, Pittsburgh 70.8 #16

3.) Rodger Saffold, G, Los Angeles Rams 71.9 #13

4.) Mitch Morse, C, Kansas City 64.8 #16

5.) Cole Beasley, WR, Dallas 71.7 #41

6.) Tavon Austin, WR, Dallas 71.3 U/R

7.) Darqueeze Dennard, CB, Cincinnati 60.9 #76

8.) Bradley Roby, CB, Denver 60.4 #81

9.) Anthony Barr, EDGE, Minnesota 67.7 #30

10.) LeVeon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh DNP

Edited by NewDayBills

4 hours ago, BakersBills said:

dont see the point in both hump and conley,  unles you think 1 of them is a number 1 wr.

jones, mckenzie and foster will all be here next year, so you need a 1 and a 2/3

I think Conley has #1 upside. He's buried on the depth chart but still has 5 touchdowns and has had some big games. He's ready to break out. Humphries is a true 2/3 and would fill out a nice corps with Conley, Jones, Humphries and Foster. McKenzie to me is more of a gadget player, but he has his uses. 

I think this regime is done with diva recievers. Conley is a supremely hard worker, a humble and very intelligent guy who is a big, uber athlete. He's my guy. Humphries is just a solid player who moves chains in the vein of an Emanuel Sanders type. Ideally, I want both with Jones, Foster, McKenzie and who ever we draft. 

23 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Have you seen this list of FA WRs? You'd be STUPID to break the bank for any one of these guys. 

I don't think Tyrell Williams is that good. With a raw QB like Allen, he needs a good route runner that can run the short and intermediate routes. We get speed and can get a deep threat in the draft. Allen needs a reliable route runner.

Not sure I said he was great or anything; just stated he was a better version of Benjamin and not the most crisp of route runners.  Am I wrong?

On 12/5/2018 at 9:49 PM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Obviously things can change between now and training camp but here's my list of FA's we need to sign.

Number 1, Sheldon Richardson. I doubt the Vikings will let him walk but he hasn't signed an extension yet and if it remains that way, Buffalo needs to pay up. The thought of Richardson, Phillips, and Hughes on the d-line is very intriguing. We have the cap space. Don't be cheap.

My number 2 FA target would be a guy that not many are talking about here.

Quincy Enunwa would be my number 1 FA priority at the WR position. A big body WR that can work the middle of the field and won't cost much against the cap. IMO the best bang for your buck in this sorry FA WR class.

Lastly, sign C Matt Paradis. Desperately need a quality veteran Center that can help Josh Allen on the field. Help Josh with the blocking schemes and most importantly communicate to Josh what he sees when they're lined up. Don't be cheap on a veteran Center to help Allen grow.

IMO this fills positions of need and puts us in a situation to draft BPA in the draft. Grab best available player at CB, WR, OT, RB and go from there. 

I wouldn't mind this, It would take a miracle for Elway to let Paradis walk though. I would love this team to sign OT Daryl Williams (CAR), OG Rodger Saffold (LAR), C  Matt Paradis (DEN) and WR Donte Moncrief (JAX). Those players would all fill some major roles... I don't see paradis leaving Denver but I can see all the rest moving on to different homes.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Obviously things can change between now and training camp but here's my list of FA's we need to sign.

Number 1, Sheldon Richardson. I doubt the Vikings will let him walk but he hasn't signed an extension yet and if it remains that way, Buffalo needs to pay up. The thought of Richardson, Phillips, and Hughes on the d-line is very intriguing. We have the cap space. Don't be cheap.

My number 2 FA target would be a guy that not many are talking about here.

Quincy Enunwa would be my number 1 FA priority at the WR position. A big body WR that can work the middle of the field and won't cost much against the cap. IMO the best bang for your buck in this sorry FA WR class.

Lastly, sign C Matt Paradis. Desperately need a quality veteran Center that can help Josh Allen on the field. Help Josh with the blocking schemes and most importantly communicate to Josh what he sees when they're lined up. Don't be cheap on a veteran Center to help Allen grow.

IMO this fills positions of need and puts us in a situation to draft BPA in the draft. Grab best available player at CB, WR, OT, RB and go from there. 

I'd add TE Jessee James, then I think we have a successful FA class. 

TJ Yeldon or Tevin Coleman would be nice and wouldn't cost too much. Plug them in at RB and draft 5-6 OL and a couple TEs, have the ability to pound teams. Mitch Morse is the 16th rated center on PFF, that may be where we go with the big money. Cole Beasley and Tavon Austin I'd go after as well, they upgrade us and cost pennies. Go to the draft for our other needs. Yeldon/Coleman combo would be interesting.

On 12/6/2018 at 6:07 AM, metzelaars_lives said:

Good point!  How’d the Niners do after Montana- they didn’t skip a beat with Steve Young.  And how did the Packers fare after Favre- they didn’t miss anything with Aaron Rodgers.  Hey man, I know you are the resident “running backs aren’t important” guy but did you ever think that maybe James Conner is just good?

Don't put words in my mouth. I NEVER once said RBs weren't important. I said they were a dime a dozen. Meaning you can find one EASILY in the draft. So my point is, why would you overpay a FA RB when you can find one in the draft? You don't win SBs with a star RB.

Is James Conner good or is their o-line just that dominant in the running game? And did the Niners skip a beat with Young? No because Young was a MUCH better QB than Montana IMO and wasn't a product of Walsh's system. 

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

On 12/6/2018 at 2:03 AM, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I don't think our OL is all that far away from being solid. Wyatt Teller and Dawkins have proven to be more than capable. We desperately need a center and if we can pick up an OT to play opposite Dawkins, our O-line could be dominant. We're only 2-3 players away from having a solid line. 

I'm more concerned with CB depth, WR, and RB at the moment. I don't see McCoy coming back next year.

I think Dawkins might be our most overrated player. He gets a lot of passes here, but I think that Glenn trade might turn out to be their worst. That whole line is subpar. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I think Dawkins might be our most overrated player. He gets a lot of passes here, but I think that Glenn trade might turn out to be their worst. That whole line is subpar. 

You think he'd get better after losing Incognito and Wood in the middle? 

LOL...

You don't think that had anything to do with his regression?

6 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

You think he'd get better after losing Incognito and Wood in the middle? 

LOL...

You don't think that had anything to do with his regression?

I didn't think he was all that great late last season. He gets beat with speed and has no ability to recover. It's the 1on1 problems that makes me think he is overrated. 

27 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I NEVER once said RBs weren't important. I said they were a dime a dozen. Meaning you can find one EASILY in the draft. So my point is, why would you overpay a FA RB when you can find one in the draft? You don't win SBs with a star RB.

Is James Conner good or is their o-line just that dominant in the running game? And did the Niners skip a beat with Young? No because Young was a MUCH better QB than Montana IMO and wasn't a product of Walsh's system. 

How many rbs were taken before Conner that aren’t as good? You can miss just like any other position 

On 12/5/2018 at 10:01 PM, NewEra said:

Justin Phillips?  Jordan Phillips is a FA.  I’d love to resign him though

I’d be ok with Enunwa or Tyrell.  Whichever comes cheaper.  

Paradis is my #1 FA target.  I just don’t see Denver letting him leave.  Eleay knows how valuable a guy like him is.  But we can hope

Jordan seems to like it here, think we should be able to work something out.