My FA targets

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This.

Alex Collins has a terrible habit of putting the ball on the ground at important times. I love him as a runner but not the kind of back for this offense. I go later rounds in the draft for RB.

To be clear, I'd like to draft a RB as well. My guess is that they'll end up keeping Shady and draft a RB to give us some fresh legs. I'd personally prefer to cut Shady, sign one of the guys listed above, and then draft another, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

To be clear, I'd like to draft a RB as well. My guess is that they'll end up keeping Shady and draft a RB to give us some fresh legs. I'd personally prefer to cut Shady, sign one of the guys listed above, and then draft another, but we'll see.

That would be my preference as well.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'd keep Shady and draft one. I don't see much of a benefit to cutting Shady and going after a FA vet in that spot. I'd draft a guy who you think by mid season 2019 can be splitting time 50/50 with McCoy and then at the end of next year when Shady's contract is done you let him walk away and your rookie is ready to go into his second season as "the guy". I think if you put a line in front of Shady next year you will get enough production to move the chains. What I wouldn't do is keep shady and draft a guy who is only really a change of pace back. They have to be looking for a guy who might not start day 1 but they are looking at as a potential long term starter.

13 hours ago, nemhoff said:

I’m all in with any Oline and WR in free agency.  Draft the rest on D

Alexander, Kyle, and Hughes all have to be replaced. I think about them a lot. They are so effective and if they were gone our D would suffer. Can't forget about the our defense thats for sure.

10 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I don't think our OL is all that far away from being solid. Wyatt Teller and Dawkins have proven to be more than capable. We desperately need a center and if we can pick up an OT to play opposite Dawkins, our O-line could be dominant. We're only 2-3 players away from having a solid line. 

I'm more concerned with CB depth, WR, and RB at the moment. I don't see McCoy coming back next year.

Our OL isn't far away from being solid if we upgrade at 3 positions.  I agree that Dawkins and Teller are capable but the other 3 need to be upgraded badly....that's 60% of our line.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Obviously things can change between now and training camp but here's my list of FA's we need to sign.

Number 1, Sheldon Richardson. I doubt the Vikings will let him walk but he hasn't signed an extension yet and if it remains that way, Buffalo needs to pay up. The thought of Richardson, Phillips, and Hughes on the d-line is very intriguing. We have the cap space. Don't be cheap.

My number 2 FA target would be a guy that not many are talking about here.

Quincy Enunwa would be my number 1 FA priority at the WR position. A big body WR that can work the middle of the field and won't cost much against the cap. IMO the best bang for your buck in this sorry FA WR class.

Lastly, sign C Matt Paradis. Desperately need a quality veteran Center that can help Josh Allen on the field. Help Josh with the blocking schemes and most importantly communicate to Josh what he sees when they're lined up. Don't be cheap on a veteran Center to help Allen grow.

IMO this fills positions of need and puts us in a situation to draft BPA in the draft. Grab best available player at CB, WR, OT, RB and go from there. 

I don't think Richardson fits the McBeane mold (Seemed to have issues on his way out with the Jets) and I think that assuming Kyle retires the Bills could resign Jordan Cameron and draft a mid round rookie to have 3 proven DT's in rotation and add a young player too. 

Personally my blueprint for the off-season would be to fill 3 or more offensive needs via free agency and add a starter to the defense via free agency. Then add as much offense talent early in the draft to supplement the improved offense. My targets would be listed below. 

Resign Lorax and Cameron (I assume Kyle retires, if Kyle wants back sign him too) the rest of the depth free agents can stay or go but those 2-3 would be critical to retain. 

1- Matt Pradis and Rodger Saffold - I think you can easily justify 20+ million on signing two high end veteran starters on the offense. Yes they are older (which is why I would make sure both deals are easy to get out of after 2 seasons) but O-line players tend to play well through age 33 so its a position that you can justify signing a 30 and 31 year old at.

2- Tyrell Williams or Golden Tate - This is another position that is in desperate need of help. 10+ million should be spent to find a high end starting caliber receiver. 

3- Trade for Mo Sanu or another veteran receiver - Much like the O-line you need a lot of help here. Mo Sanu was rumored to be available at the trade deadline and would make for a good steady slot receiver while Zay and your other free agent acquisition hold down the outside. 

4- Sign EJ Gaines. The Bills probably would have spent 50 million or more to sign and trade for those 4 players on offense and resigning those two defensive players. However the Bills with 90 million in cap space (and easily another 10 million they can free up by cutting some fat on the roster) can afford to do that and go out and sign Gaines back to fill the CB2 need. If the Bills add Gaines and keep Lorax and Kyle/Cameron the Bills are looking at a very complete defensive unit. The Bills can and should draft defensive depth in rounds 4-6 with those extra picks. 

In the draft I would go BPA round 1 although if I had my pick of position regardless of prospect value I would love to see the Bills nab a RT high. Solidify the last starter you need along the O-line. Then in round 2 grab a tight end (I would keep Clay for one last year and let a prospect beat him out but I wouldn't be sad to see Clay go) and another young receiver in round 3. Grab a running back in round 4 to be the heir apparent to Shady (who I would keep for one more year) and then with the other 4th and your 5th round picks grab up some defensive depth (DT, Safety, DE/pass rush and LB are areas where defensive depth can be addressed.)

That's the way I am approaching the off-season hoping to use the cap space to take several critical needs off the board (OL and WR heavily) and retain and add some talent to the defense. Then fill in the draft to address what needs remain. I hope McBeane is aggressive in free agency, the cap space is what you sacrificed a lot of talent for now you need to go out and use it. 

10 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, you just lack the ability to be moved at all from your stance, and I don't waste my time with people like you.

Last year McCoy was the ONLY thing we had on offense.  I wouldn't mind at all to see Bell replace him.  He is a beast and it would take a lot of heat off of Allen.  Go OL, OL, WR, WR, TE and get a stud RB like Bell or through the draft.

14 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

We can't go cheap at WR. Throw some serious cash at Tyrell Williams and see what happens. Might not be the easiest task to lure the guy away from SD, but we can afford to overpay for such a critical position wrt the development of Allen.

I have to admit, while I would like to bring Tyrell in, I also don’t see why so many want to give him a big deal.  He had one good season and Chargers still drafted Mike Williams.  With Rivers and injuries to Allen and Williams at times, he hasn’t really come close to repeating that success he had 3 years ago in his 2nd year where he had 69 catches and barely a 1000 yards.

Again, all for this signing, but I am skeptical he’s the big change at WR we need.  To me, he seems more like a top end #2 with Zay in the slot and some other stud prospect we draft to be a potential #1.  

I cound be wrong on him, but he just doesn’t seem the big fix player and more of a good addition in addition to someone else too.

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have to admit, while I would like to bring Tyrell in, I also don’t see why so many want to give him a big deal.  He had one good season and Chargers still drafted Mike Williams.  With Rivers and injuries to Allen and Williams at times, he hasn’t really come close to repeating that success he had 3 years ago in his 2nd year where he had 69 catches and barely a 1000 yards.

Again, all for this signing, but I am skeptical he’s the big change at WR we need.  To me, he seems more like a top end #2 with Zay in the slot and some other stud prospect we draft to be a potential #1.  

I cound be wrong on him, but he just doesn’t seem the big fix player and more of a good addition in addition to someone else too.

I feel like the desire to sign Williams is one of necessary desperation. True number 1's are damn near impossible to find on the open market and Williams seems like the best of the available players. I don't know about a huge deal, but I'd go 9/10 per year for 4 years and then draft WR in the first round.

This offense needs weapons and they can't sit around and wait for the perfect players to come around.

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I'll defer to others on the O-Line guys as that's just not my specialty at all, but as far as targets at other positions go:

RB:

• Malcolm Brown - He's played a minor role behind Todd Gurley, but he's been awesome when he's on the field. There are 60 RBs in the league that have played at least 25% of their team's snaps this year. Brown is not one of them, but if you add him to the list, he's 8th best in the league in terms of Avoided Tackles Per Attempt. He would not be Buffalo's home run hitter, but he can be the north-south powerful runner that seems to mesh with what Daboll likes.
  • Alex Collins - He'd fill the same role as Brown. He broke out last year with the Ravens when he ranked as one of the top 5-10 RBs in the league per PFF, but had a disappointing and injury-plagued 2018 season which could drive his price down dramatically.
  • Tevin Coleman - Coleman would be the guy if we look to add a home run hitter at RB in free agency. I'm guessing he gets somewhere around 4 years, $30 million when it's all said and done. I wouldn't bother spending that kind of money unless Buffalo decides to move on from McCoy (which I personally think would be wise but I'm not sure how McBeane feel about that).

WR:

• Quincy Enunwa - I concur with the OP; Enunwa would be my #1 target as far as the FA WRs go. He's a good, tough WR. Ranks 4th in the NFL in YAC per reception and he works the field shorter than anyone on the Bills roster does (though I do think Zay could potentially be the underneath guy as that's mainly how he was used in college).
  • Tyrell Williams/Adam Humphries - These two couldn't be more different as football players, but I'm lumping them together because I think they're two guys that are worth pursuing, but I think will ultimately get more money than I'd be comfortable with. Tyrell has played with Rivers for four years now on a team that's never really had great receiving talent (with the exception of Keenan Allen, who has struggled to stay healthy), but Tyrell has never really been able to grasp a major role in any way. Just seems like something is missing with him. Humphries isn't really special, but he's quick in and out of cuts and knows how to find holes in zones and how to work his way to the ball at angles that create YAC opportunities (i.e. how to position himself when catching a screen pass so that he's already setting his blocks up as he's catching the ball). I think he'd be a tremendous fit here, but he's been blowing up these past 5 games and might end up getting someone to pay him a lot more money than he's worth. If he can be had for roughly $5 million per year, I'd take him.
  • Chris Conley/Breshad Perriman/JJ Nelson - I lump these three together as guys that I'd be willing to give small contracts to just to see if you can strike gold on one of them putting things together. All three are athletic as hell but have yet to carve out a significant role in the NFL (or in Perriman's case, any role whatsoever).
  • Edit: I think it's worth noting that Tampa Bay has FOUR WRs in the top 33 on PFF's rankings, and I think two of them will be free agents this offseason (Humphries and I think they end up cutting DeSean Jackson).

TE:

• Maxx Williams - 2nd round pick a few years ago when he was compared to Jeremy Shockey, currently rated the #19 TE on PFF (#20 pass catcher, #24 run blocker, #19 pass blocker). I don't expect Baltimore to bring him back as they drafted two TEs pretty early this year and his snaps per game have significantly declined the past three weeks.

CB:

• EJ Gaines - You guys probably know who he is.

Good piece, but I find it unfathomable that the Jets would let Enunwa go. They have a young quarterback and even more cap room than the Bills. You're probably talking about a MASSIVE overpay to even have a chance.

Hard pass on Tevin Coleman even if McCoy is gone. Nice little player. Not particularly dynamic like a Kamara or a McCaffrey. Wouldn't even call him a poor man's version.

Maxx Williams could be a value pickup.

• Like (+1) 1

As far as WRs go...

The Jets are not gonna let Enunwa go. They love that kid.

I don’t see the Bills paying $8-10M per for a WR in FA.

$5M per is what I’d guess.

I see the Bills keeping Zay, Foster and McKenzie.

Picking up another solid WR like Rashard Higgins from Cleveland, he’s a RFA but with the WRs Cleveland has (Landry, Callaway, Njoku TE) I don’t think they’d match. He’s been solid in Cleveland.

Then draft a WR round 2.

Theres gonna be a mass run on WR starting round 2.

(no particular order)

Marquise Brown, Preston Williams, Kelvin Harmon, Hakeem Butler, DK Metcalf, David Sills, JJ Arcega Whiteside JAWS, Parris Campbell ?

Later round WRs

Keeshawn Johnson FSU, James Proche SMU, Bryce Dunnelly UTC 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

couple of items as it relates to Enunwa.

Looks like they are talking extension. Jets have more cap space then we do next year as a reminder

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-quincy-enunwa-extension-20181122-story.html

Also, Robbie Anderson is set to be an RFA this year..be interesting to see if they put the 1st or 2nd round tender on him

would you make him an offer if was 2nd round?..

Edited by plenzmd1

6 hours ago, Spielman said:

No Kelvin Harmon ?  I consider him the best of the bunch......

He slipped through the crack did he just declare? 64 215 could do. I think I would take DK over him now though. Bigger body and a deep ball guy. He uses his length really well and has soft enough hands. Kelvin certain has more than impressive credentials.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/29/2019-draft-3-round-mock-draft-has-bills-addressing-offense-dk-metcalf-yodny-cajuste-tyler-biadasz/amp

This actually wouldn't piss me off at all. 

Edited by Agent 91

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

couple of items as it relates to Enunwa.

Looks like they are talking extension. Jets have more cap space then we do next year as a reminder

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-quincy-enunwa-extension-20181122-story.html

Also, Robbie Anderson is set to be an RFA this year..be interesting to see if they put the 1st or 2nd round tender on him

would you make him an offer if was 2nd round?..

Nah imo. Anderson was a one year wonder as predicted (by me). Not at all the kind of wideout Allen needs imo...undersized but not real fast, quick but doesn't tend to get a lot of separation, ok not great route runner, and average catch radius. 

If they're looking for a speed guy and the Ravens cut Brown loose I'd give him a shot. Otherwise I really think a guy like Williams from SD makes more sense as the kind of receiver McBeane were hoping Benjamin would be. 

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Here's what I got on offense. Obviously we won't get all of it, but these are my targets.  

Receiver - Chris Conley and Adam Humphries

Center - Nick Easton or Mitch Morse

Guard - Mark Glowinski or Quinton Spain or AJ Cann (Or trade for Forrest Lamp)

RT - Daryl Williams or Josh Wells or Ju'Waun James

Tight end: Jesse James or Tyler Kroft and Maxx Williams or Nick Boyle (either of these guys can also serve as a fullback if you wanted to cut DiMarco)

Running Back: TJ Yeldon (perfect complimentary back and really good reciever)

I'd say that pretty much fixes the offense. I also offer Matt Barkley a reasonable backup contract to be the long term #2 before he gets to UFA. 

dont see the point in both hump and conley,  unles you think 1 of them is a number 1 wr.

jones, mckenzie and foster will all be here next year, so you need a 1 and a 2/3

5 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said: