My FA targets

8 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Marquise Brown 

AJ Brown 

DK Metcalf

N'Keal Harry

AJ Brown

Collin Johnson

The big boy from Iowa St. more will emerge. it's just hella deep. 

No Kelvin Harmon ?  I consider him the best of the bunch......

6 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Paradis would be nice but i'm surprised no one here has mentioned Mitch Morse . Morse is younger and better and KC will most likely not resign him . With that being said this is my offseason on offense.

Paradis is better than Morse but Morse is definitely more likely to hit FA. Nick Easton is the third option and probably cheaper and again when I look at what Daboll wants to run where the centres and guards pull out are asked to move in space setting up screens etc he seems a fit. He is an athletic center rather than a road grading run blocker. If they want to just line up and pound it (I don't think they do but maybe I am wrong) Easton isn't a fit. The best thing he does is recognise defensive alignment and change protections to pick up the blitz. Super high football IQ.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Paradis is better than Morse but Morse is definitely more likely to hit FA. Nick Easton is the third option and probably cheaper and again when I look at what Daboll wants to run where the centres and guards pull out are asked to move in space setting up screens etc he seems a fit. He is an athletic center rather than a road grading run blocker. If they want to just line up and pound it (I don't think they do but maybe I am wrong) Easton isn't a fit. The best thing he does is recognise defensive alignment and change protections to pick up the blitz. Super high football IQ.

I know Morse is also very high football IQ he was helping Mahomes big time in the early weeks of the season with protections etc, etc. He also gets out in space very well and is going into his 5th season in the NFL. Like i said Paradis is good but rather have Morse we can get him for maybe 8 to 10 mil per.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I know Morse is also very high football IQ he was helping Mahomes big time in the early weeks of the season with protections etc, etc. He also gets out in space very well and is going into his 5th season in the NFL. Like i said Paradis is good but rather have Morse we can get him for maybe 8 to 10 mil per.

You said Morse was better. Which he isn't. He might be a better fit here when you consider value and playing style if that is what you meant. Paradis is one of the top 5 centers in the NFL though, which is precisely why Denver ain't letting him walk.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Quinton Spain, OG

Mitch Morse, C

Tyler Kroft, TE

Tyrell Williams, WR

Eric Rowe, CB

I could live with that. Spain and Kroft we are in full agreement.

11 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Obviously things can change between now and training camp but here's my list of FA's we need to sign.

Number 1, Sheldon Richardson. I doubt the Vikings will let him walk but he hasn't signed an extension yet and if it remains that way, Buffalo needs to pay up. The thought of Richardson, Phillips, and Hughes on the d-line is very intriguing. We have the cap space. Don't be cheap.

My number 2 FA target would be a guy that not many are talking about here.

Quincy Enunwa would be my number 1 FA priority at the WR position. A big body WR that can work the middle of the field and won't cost much against the cap. IMO the best bang for your buck in this sorry FA WR class.

Lastly, sign C Matt Paradis. Desperately need a quality veteran Center that can help Josh Allen on the field. Help Josh with the blocking schemes and most importantly communicate to Josh what he sees when they're lined up. Don't be cheap on a veteran Center to help Allen grow.

IMO this fills positions of need and puts us in a situation to draft BPA in the draft. Grab best available player at CB, WR, OT, RB and go from there. 

Richardson, unlikely. Yes he would help but the immediate need for him isn't there

Enunwa, maybe. Most likely they'll want to look more at foster & McKenzie first.

Paradis, absolutely get him.

10 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I don't think our OL is all that far away from being solid. Wyatt Teller and Dawkins have proven to be more than capable. We desperately need a center and if we can pick up an OT to play opposite Dawkins, our O-line could be dominant. We're only 2-3 players away from having a solid line. 

I'm more concerned with CB depth, WR, and RB at the moment. I don't see McCoy coming back next year.

I think this statement is a bit of a stretch, but we all do it to support our position. I think Dawkins took a bit of a step backwards this year, but it could be the lack of a veteran RG next to him (as crazy as Richie was, he could ball) and the communication needed between those positions to handle stunts and such. Teller is raw, has upside, but there is plenty of room for improvement and growth. From center to RT and throw in blocking TE it is an inconsistent rotational mess.

So it could just as easily be said that, "I don't think our OL is all that far away from being a complete disaster" for instance if either of the quasi-dependable young players on the left get injured.

Josh Allen is your investment, first and foremost they need to protect that investment. The only thing keeping him from being broken and concussed like other QBs that have gotten behind this line is that he has the wheels to avoid the rush, but that only goes so far and stunts his development in regards to going thru his progressions and being able to pass from the pocket. I like that he has the scrambling skills, and they should always be part of his game, but he needs to be able to stand in there when it makes sense to do so, rather than take off, have all the receivers break off their routes and do the street-ball thing he is good at.

I am all for getting some stud weapons for him, but I think the priority on offense thru FA and draft should be inside-out.

Edited by WideNine

5 hours ago, Estro said:

Kwon Alexander is a player that I think McDermort targets this offseason.  I specifically remember McDermott heaping praise his way after we played them during the '17 season.

The Panthers drafted a player with a very similar skill set to Kwon Alexander in Shaq Thompson during McDermotts DC days there.....and they drafted him in the 1st round, so you know McDermott coveted that skill set.

A smaller rangier LB.  Now he did tear his ACL this year.....but that was in October so he might be ready to go fir the start of '19.  He's just a guy I think the Bills would love to have to really fill out their LB core.

It could end up not happening, but the expectation in Tampa is that they'll sign Kwon to an extension. They want to lock him and LT Donovan Smith up long-term.

6 hours ago, Estro said:

Kwon Alexander is a player that I think McDermort targets this offseason.  I specifically remember McDermott heaping praise his way after we played them during the '17 season.

The Panthers drafted a player with a very similar skill set to Kwon Alexander in Shaq Thompson during McDermotts DC days there.....and they drafted him in the 1st round, so you know McDermott coveted that skill set.

A smaller rangier LB.  Now he did tear his ACL this year.....but that was in October so he might be ready to go fir the start of '19.  He's just a guy I think the Bills would love to have to really fill out their LB core.

Kwon is a great player no doubt, but this team spends a lot of the time in nickel defense. We are barely in a base 4-3, which means that either Milano or Edmunds are heading to the bench a lot if Kwon was signed. I don't think that is where they go with their money. If you feel Alexander is a huge upgrade from Milano, then by all means it's a great move. 

4 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Good point!  How’d the Niners do after Montana- they didn’t skip a beat with Steve Young.  And how did the Packers fare after Favre- they didn’t miss anything with Aaron Rodgers.  Hey man, I know you are the resident “running backs aren’t important” guy but did you ever think that maybe James Conner is just good?

i believe at some point in the future you'll be able to include " how did the steelers fare going from big ben to rudolph?....stayed on top".

Here's what I got on offense. Obviously we won't get all of it, but these are my targets.  

Receiver - Chris Conley and Adam Humphries

Center - Nick Easton or Mitch Morse

Guard - Mark Glowinski or Quinton Spain or AJ Cann (Or trade for Forrest Lamp)

RT - Daryl Williams or Josh Wells or Ju'Waun James

Tight end: Jesse James or Tyler Kroft and Maxx Williams or Nick Boyle (either of these guys can also serve as a fullback if you wanted to cut DiMarco)

Running Back: TJ Yeldon (perfect complimentary back and really good reciever)

I'd say that pretty much fixes the offense. I also offer Matt Barkley a reasonable backup contract to be the long term #2 before he gets to UFA. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll defer to others on the O-Line guys as that's just not my specialty at all, but as far as targets at other positions go:

RB:

• Malcolm Brown - He's played a minor role behind Todd Gurley, but he's been awesome when he's on the field. There are 60 RBs in the league that have played at least 25% of their team's snaps this year. Brown is not one of them, but if you add him to the list, he's 8th best in the league in terms of Avoided Tackles Per Attempt. He would not be Buffalo's home run hitter, but he can be the north-south powerful runner that seems to mesh with what Daboll likes.
  • Alex Collins - He'd fill the same role as Brown. He broke out last year with the Ravens when he ranked as one of the top 5-10 RBs in the league per PFF, but had a disappointing and injury-plagued 2018 season which could drive his price down dramatically.
  • Tevin Coleman - Coleman would be the guy if we look to add a home run hitter at RB in free agency. I'm guessing he gets somewhere around 4 years, $30 million when it's all said and done. I wouldn't bother spending that kind of money unless Buffalo decides to move on from McCoy (which I personally think would be wise but I'm not sure how McBeane feel about that).

WR:

• Quincy Enunwa - I concur with the OP; Enunwa would be my #1 target as far as the FA WRs go. He's a good, tough WR. Ranks 4th in the NFL in YAC per reception and he works the field shorter than anyone on the Bills roster does (though I do think Zay could potentially be the underneath guy as that's mainly how he was used in college).
  • Tyrell Williams/Adam Humphries - These two couldn't be more different as football players, but I'm lumping them together because I think they're two guys that are worth pursuing, but I think will ultimately get more money than I'd be comfortable with. Tyrell has played with Rivers for four years now on a team that's never really had great receiving talent (with the exception of Keenan Allen, who has struggled to stay healthy), but Tyrell has never really been able to grasp a major role in any way. Just seems like something is missing with him. Humphries isn't really special, but he's quick in and out of cuts and knows how to find holes in zones and how to work his way to the ball at angles that create YAC opportunities (i.e. how to position himself when catching a screen pass so that he's already setting his blocks up as he's catching the ball). I think he'd be a tremendous fit here, but he's been blowing up these past 5 games and might end up getting someone to pay him a lot more money than he's worth. If he can be had for roughly $5 million per year, I'd take him.
  • Chris Conley/Breshad Perriman/JJ Nelson - I lump these three together as guys that I'd be willing to give small contracts to just to see if you can strike gold on one of them putting things together. All three are athletic as hell but have yet to carve out a significant role in the NFL (or in Perriman's case, any role whatsoever).
  • Edit: I think it's worth noting that Tampa Bay has FOUR WRs in the top 33 on PFF's rankings, and I think two of them will be free agents this offseason (Humphries and I think they end up cutting DeSean Jackson).

TE:

• Maxx Williams - 2nd round pick a few years ago when he was compared to Jeremy Shockey, currently rated the #19 TE on PFF (#20 pass catcher, #24 run blocker, #19 pass blocker). I don't expect Baltimore to bring him back as they drafted two TEs pretty early this year and his snaps per game have significantly declined the past three weeks.

CB:

• EJ Gaines - You guys probably know who he is.
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Tevin Coleman better finish strong if he is going to get anything close to those numbers. He has been terrible for the majority of the season. 

He's been particularly disappointing these last two games and his PFF grade is lower than usual this year, but he's on pace to pretty much duplicate exactly his production of the past two years again this year. Basically the same number of touches, yards, and TDs three years in a row.

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Quinton Spain, OG

Mitch Morse, C

Tyler Kroft, TE

Tyrell Williams, WR

Eric Rowe, CB

This.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I'll defer to others on the O-Line guys as that's just not my specialty at all, but as far as targets at other positions go:

RB:

• Malcolm Brown - He's played a minor role behind Todd Gurley, but he's been awesome when he's on the field. There are 60 RBs in the league that have played at least 25% of their team's snaps this year. Brown is not one of them, but if you add him to the list, he's 8th best in the league in terms of Avoided Tackles Per Attempt. He would not be Buffalo's home run hitter, but he can be the north-south powerful runner that seems to mesh with what Daboll likes.
  • Alex Collins - He'd fill the same role as Brown. He broke out last year with the Ravens when he ranked as one of the top 5-10 RBs in the league per PFF, but had a disappointing and injury-plagued 2018 season which could drive his price down dramatically.
  • Tevin Coleman - Coleman would be the guy if we look to add a home run hitter at RB in free agency. I'm guessing he gets somewhere around 4 years, $30 million when it's all said and done. I wouldn't bother spending that kind of money unless Buffalo decides to move on from McCoy (which I personally think would be wise but I'm not sure how McBeane feel about that).

WR:

• Quincy Enunwa - I concur with the OP; Enunwa would be my #1 target as far as the FA WRs go. He's a good, tough WR. Ranks 4th in the NFL in YAC per reception and he works the field shorter than anyone on the Bills roster does (though I do think Zay could potentially be the underneath guy as that's mainly how he was used in college).
  • Tyrell Williams/Adam Humphries - These two couldn't be more different as football players, but I'm lumping them together because I think they're two guys that are worth pursuing, but I think will ultimately get more money than I'd be comfortable with. Tyrell has played with Rivers for four years now on a team that's never really had great receiving talent (with the exception of Keenan Allen, who has struggled to stay healthy), but Tyrell has never really been able to grasp a major role in any way. Just seems like something is missing with him. Humphries isn't really special, but he's quick in and out of cuts and knows how to find holes in zones and how to work his way to the ball at angles that create YAC opportunities (i.e. how to position himself when catching a screen pass so that he's already setting his blocks up as he's catching the ball). I think he'd be a tremendous fit here, but he's been blowing up these past 5 games and might end up getting someone to pay him a lot more money than he's worth. If he can be had for roughly $5 million per year, I'd take him.
  • Chris Conley/Breshad Perriman/JJ Nelson - I lump these three together as guys that I'd be willing to give small contracts to just to see if you can strike gold on one of them putting things together. All three are athletic as hell but have yet to carve out a significant role in the NFL (or in Perriman's case, any role whatsoever).
  • Edit: I think it's worth noting that Tampa Bay has FOUR WRs in the top 33 on PFF's rankings, and I think two of them will be free agents this offseason (Humphries and I think they end up cutting DeSean Jackson).

TE:

• Maxx Williams - 2nd round pick a few years ago when he was compared to Jeremy Shockey, currently rated the #19 TE on PFF (#20 pass catcher, #24 run blocker, #19 pass blocker). I don't expect Baltimore to bring him back as they drafted two TEs pretty early this year and his snaps per game have significantly declined the past three weeks.

CB:

• EJ Gaines - You guys probably know who he is.

Alex Collins has a terrible habit of putting the ball on the ground at important times. I love him as a runner but not the kind of back for this offense. I go later rounds in the draft for RB.

I think we are all in agreement on Paridis

For my money get away from big bodied WR's and put speed on the field that can actually track a ball and catch......whoever that is.....

Josh Allen gets these balls to these speedster's with enough time for them to actually do something with it......big bodied is what tight ends and h backs are for