My FA targets

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

OL OL OL ...

I don't think our OL is all that far away from being solid. Wyatt Teller and Dawkins have proven to be more than capable. We desperately need a center and if we can pick up an OT to play opposite Dawkins, our O-line could be dominant. We're only 2-3 players away from having a solid line. 

I'm more concerned with CB depth, WR, and RB at the moment. I don't see McCoy coming back next year.

17 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Let me ask you this. What's McCoy done for us?

Enough said.

He was a key part of why we were able to claw to the playoffs last season, and taylor didn't have anywhere near the skillset of Allen. McCoy also gave us a fighting shot the year before when we had no business being there. If you want to win you have to have great play from QB, RB and WR. Signing Bell gets us the opportunity to have 2/3 and then we can try to find our 3rd.

You could draft a guy, sure, but it wouldn't be a sure thing. I'd do both to make it one.

Also worth mentioning that McCoy wasn't half the player Bell is. Bell can actually run between the tackles and don't fall over on contact.

What's Gurley doing for Goff and the Rams?

You can't run and defense your way to championships with Mark Rypien and Trent Dilfer anymore, but I think you can if you've got a guy that can hit a speedy receiver 60 yards down the field on occasion.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He was a key part of why we were able to claw to the playoffs last season, and taylor didn't have anywhere near the skillset of Allen. McCoy also gave us a fighting shot the year before when we had no business being there. If you want to win you have to have great play from QB, RB and WR. Signing Bell gets us the opportunity to have 2/3 and then we can try to find our 3rd.

You could draft a guy, sure, but it wouldn't be a sure thing. I'd do both to make it one.

Also worth mentioning that McCoy wasn't half the player Bell is. Bell can actually run between the tackles and don't fall over on contact.

What's Gurley doing for Goff and the Rams?

Our defense had more to do with that than anything.

BTW. Give me a list of all the RBs that played in the last 10 Super Bowls. lol. You won't see an Adrian Peterson, Ezekiel Elliott, Lesean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, on that list. In fact, how many Super Bowls have stud RB's have even played in the Super Bowl? Curtis Martin? Ladainian Tomlinson? Eagles, Patriots, Falcons have proven that you don't need to break the bank for a RB to make the SB. Overpaying a RB like Bell will never be the solution. 

What's Gurley doing for Goff and the Rams? What did he do before McVay? What was Goff before McVay? Don't kid yourself. McVay deserves most of the credit for their immediate success. LOL. What a joke of a comment. 

Let me ask you another question. Steelers lose a step with Connor running the ball?

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

You're an idiot. /thread

LOL. This is what people say when they know they were proven wrong. 

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Our defense had more to do with that than anything.

BTW. Give me a list of all the RBs that played in the last 10 Super Bowls. lol. You won't see an Adrian Peterson, Ezekiel Elliott, Lesean McCoy, DeMarco Murray, on that list. In fact, how many Super Bowls have stud RB's have even played in the Super Bowl? Curtis Martin? Ladainian Tomlinson? Eagles, Patriots, Falcons have proven that you don't need to break the bank for a RB to make the SB. Overpaying a RB like Bell will never be the solution. 

What's Gurley doing for Goff and the Rams? What did he do before McVay? What was Goff before McVay? Don't kid yourself. McVay deserves most of the credit for their immediate success. LOL. What a joke of a comment. 

Let me ask you another question. Steelers lose a step with Connor running the ball?

LOL. This is what people say when they know they were proven wrong. 

No, you just lack the ability to be moved at all from your stance, and I don't waste my time with people like you.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, you just lack the ability to be moved at all from your stance, and I don't waste my time with people like you.

People like me?  Like someone that can back up their own statements? lol

Answer my question. How's the Steelers running game without Bell? Conner doing bad? 

And why'd you delete your idiot comment? lol. 

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

With a top notch O-line, Josh will have more time to throw, which will make our WRs better.  Having better run blocking means we can plug most RBs in and have a good running game.  

If we build an O-line, we will score.

• Like (+1) 3

Kwon Alexander is a player that I think McDermort targets this offseason.  I specifically remember McDermott heaping praise his way after we played them during the '17 season.

The Panthers drafted a player with a very similar skill set to Kwon Alexander in Shaq Thompson during McDermotts DC days there.....and they drafted him in the 1st round, so you know McDermott coveted that skill set.

A smaller rangier LB.  Now he did tear his ACL this year.....but that was in October so he might be ready to go fir the start of '19.  He's just a guy I think the Bills would love to have to really fill out their LB core.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1

So here are the 4 guys I would make my day 1 priority Free Agent targets. There are other guys I'd look to pick up in the 2nd wave (I'd have my eyes out for a slot receiver with short area quickness and some depth at linebacker and corner). 

#1 - Quinton Spain - LG - Titans 

Immediate upgrade at left guard, solidifies that spot, allows you to flip Teller to the other side while he learns and develops (he had a rough outing on Sunday) and is pretty much an ideal fit stylistically for what the Bills want to do up front. He is a big man with quick feet. 

#2 - Nick Easton - C - Vikings

Matt Paradis is probably the best center on the market but isn't getting out of Denver. Easton is a slight risk coming off a year on IR but the Vikings have their center of the future in Pat Elflien so Easton is unlikely to get paid and he has some flex to play at G too. 

#3 - Tyler Kroft - TE - Bengals

The TE corps is arguably the worst in the NFL and needs a complete overhaul (even Pegula's boyfriend must go). I would start with Kroft who has deputised well for Eifert when given the opportunity and will be looking for a starting gig. 

#4 - Quincy Enunwa - WR - Jets

I agree with the OP that Enunwa ia likely to be the value in this FA class. Golden Tate is an attractive option but the combination of age and price probably makes him bad value. Enunwa has when healthy taken over some games and has a good mix of speed and size. The risk you are taking is him staying on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

1.) Matt Paradis, C, Broncos

79.0 rating: good

#3 center

2.) Rodger Saffold, G, Rams

71.9 rating: good

#13 guard

3.) Ramon Foster, G, Steelers

70.8 rating: good

#16 guard

I don't think either Paradis or Foster make FA. One of the big reasons the Steelers didn't pay Bell is they think the real engine of the run game is that offensive line and they want to keep Foster.

Saffold I'd take as a fall back option but at his age he is more a short term option and he did have a couple of down years before pairing up with the best LT of the last decade in LA. He is also stylistically not really what I think the Bills are looking for. He is a more of a one dimensional lock onto the guy in front of him. There is some value in that but based on what we have seen from Daboll this year I suspect their preference is for someone who moves a little better in space and can pull and pin etc.

Edited by GunnerBill

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just watched that as well (44-34, ‘90 Div Round). Most amazing was how svelte the OL was. Yes, Ballard was as big as -well, a House, but there were no tubs of goo back then. Hull, Ritcher & Wolford were chiseled fit.

Hull , Ritcher and Wolford would get steamrollered in today's game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

People like me?  Like someone that can back up their own statements? lol

Answer my question. How's the Steelers running game without Bell? Conner doing bad? 

And why'd you delete your idiot comment? lol. 

Good point!  How’d the Niners do after Montana- they didn’t skip a beat with Steve Young.  And how did the Packers fare after Favre- they didn’t miss anything with Aaron Rodgers.  Hey man, I know you are the resident “running backs aren’t important” guy but did you ever think that maybe James Conner is just good?

8 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Good point!  How’d the Niners do after Montana- they didn’t skip a beat with Steve Young.  And how did the Packers fare after Favre- they didn’t miss anything with Aaron Rodgers.  Hey man, I know you are the resident “running backs aren’t important” guy but did you ever think that maybe James Conner is just good?

James Conner is good. The Steelers' offensive line is the best in the league too. A guy like Lev Bell will improve whichever team he lands on. Shady improved the Bills and was a big part of the season we broke the drought. You can only go to the running backs at a dime a dollar model once you know you have a Quarterback. That said I think the Bills need to get younger at the position and focus their FA money on the line so I am firmly in the draft a running back between the 3rd and the 5th camp too.

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

James Conner is good. The Steelers' offensive line is the best in the league too. A guy like Lev Bell will improve whichever team he lands on. Shady improved the Bills and was a big part of the season we broke the drought. You can only go to the running backs at a dime a dollar model once you know you have a Quarterback. That said I think the Bills need to get younger at the position and focus their FA money on the line so I am firmly in the draft a running back between the 3rd and the 5th camp too.

Agreed 100%.  I literally said the exact same thing in the FA thread a few hours ago, except I said 4-5th round.

Improve the OL, you improve the running game and give Allen more time in the pocket.  Improving the running game improves the passing attack by putting more pressure on the defense.  The number one priority for the Bills this off-season is to improve the OL.  (Also need another starting CB).

Golden Tate, I agree.   Smart, top effort and good in Locker room.  Vet leadership.

I also agree there may be some overlap with Zay, but this is a very solid player to help the young draftees coming in.

I would also be happy with an overspend on an A+ interior lineman.

Then I will trust the FO (McBeane as you would have it) for the additions to the defense.

10 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Obviously things can change between now and training camp but here's my list of FA's we need to sign.

Number 1, Sheldon Richardson. I doubt the Vikings will let him walk but he hasn't signed an extension yet and if it remains that way, Buffalo needs to pay up. The thought of Richardson, Phillips, and Hughes on the d-line is very intriguing. We have the cap space. Don't be cheap.

My number 2 FA target would be a guy that not many are talking about here.

Quincy Enunwa would be my number 1 FA priority at the WR position. A big body WR that can work the middle of the field and won't cost much against the cap. IMO the best bang for your buck in this sorry FA WR class.

Lastly, sign C Matt Paradis. Desperately need a quality veteran Center that can help Josh Allen on the field. Help Josh with the blocking schemes and most importantly communicate to Josh what he sees when they're lined up. Don't be cheap on a veteran Center to help Allen grow.

IMO this fills positions of need and puts us in a situation to draft BPA in the draft. Grab best available player at CB, WR, OT, RB and go from there. 

Paradis would be nice but i'm surprised no one here has mentioned Mitch Morse . Morse is younger and better and KC will most likely not resign him . With that being said this is my offseason on offense .

Use free agency to load up the Oline 

RT - sign either Daryll Williams or Donovan Smith . 

C - sign Mitch Morse

Guard - lots of good players available here i would target Saffold or Foster from Pitt.

WR - John Brown lets get a couple of true burners this offseason. 

RB - Trade McCoy and sign Mark Ingram he's younger and a much better fit for our power running scheme. Not only that but Ingram is very good in the screen gm. Ingram seems like a custom made fit for Daboll offense. 

TE - sign either Demitrus Harris or Erik Swoope from Indy or even both u can get these guys for cheap. 

The Draft. This is where the offense gets its weapons for the future. 

1st rd 

We should be pkn from 7-12 . 

Draft TE -NOAH FONT FROM IOWA.

By the time draft rolls around in April Font will be a sure fire top 15pk and the #1 TE in the draft. He has great size 6,5 250lbs and will run in the 4.4 range if not faster at the combine . Font is also a good blocker and route runner. Font has the body type to pack on more muscle and can be a absoulute monster by his 3rd or 4th season in the NFL. 

2nd 1st . I can see the Bills jumping bk into late first rd to get a Wr. We got the ammo why not move up. I i believe they will move bk into first for 1 of these 3 players.

#1 Marquise "Hollywood" Brown

#2 DK Metcalf 

#3 Nkeal Harry 

Now we fixed our oline added some serious speed for the offense.  We still got plenty cap space and more pks to add depth to the team on offense and defense.

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I’ll take Paradis and either Rodger Saffold, or Daryl Williams.

im okay with Enunwa, but wouldn’t mind someone like golden Tate.

i also think we should bring back EJ Gainess as a rotational corner.

i also think Jay Ajayi could be a sneaky good pickup to pair with either Shady or someone else.

I like it. I also want to bring in Anthony Barr to start at SLB move Alexander to DE. Use the first two draft picks on OL and WR.

Edited by wppete