Where are you on the spectrum??

Dadonkadonk

Best to just be patient before stamping Allen with any label.

its a long road with so many on the field AND off the field hurdles that Allen will have to face and succeed with.  Many of them he won’t be faced with in the next four games or even next season.

Its a journey filled with so many dangers and trials.

so Wait and see for me,

• Like (+1) 1

Count me in the cautiously optimistic crowd.  I was fairly pessimistic post-draft, and during Allen's run pre-injury, Vikings game notwithstanding.  Flipped to optimism after the Dolphins game.

I really didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for in terms of "hope and progress", but I saw it in the Dolphins game.  I think if the ask was to watch Allen dink and dunk down the field with 5-10 yard lasers, Tom Brady style, then it was setting myself up for disappointment.  Perhaps he adds this to his game as he matures, but what I saw last Sunday was a playmaker.

He is gradually improving as a passer, at least that's what I saw.  Say what you want about running, but if it can be such a deadly component of Mahomes' game then why not Allen?  I realize Allen isn't the passer is Mahomes is, but the Bills don't have the roster the Chiefs do, either.  And as much as I want Allen to be "the best QB in Bills history, better than Kelly", I don't think this has to be the case.  If the front office can assemble a quality roster, they can still win with Allen as more of a complementary piece, instead of being "the guy".

Of course, if Allen hits his ceiling... look out, NFL.

Josh looks like he is going to be the type of QB you want leading your team when you are down by one score late in the 4th quarter.    He has some kind of "win at all costs" and "never give up" attitude on gameday - and man I love that about him.

If given a better offensive line (one that can execute a decent run game along with pass protect) - and given receivers with reliable hands - I think he could evolve into one of the best in the NFL.   In the senior bowl game he sure looked like a superstar.    He had a good offensive line and receivers that could catch.

If the Bills get him those two pieces - he will succeed here.   If they fail at that, my guess is Josh Allen becomes a backup QB in a couple years.

Aspergers now getting that out of way for this team in the spectrum of analysis and abilities should draft along the offensive line. It’s a defensively heavy draft but for just as many defensive linemen there will be an offensive linemen who can help compliment the team.  Said it before and I’ll say it again Sam Mustipher is what we need at center without going into the mixture of overpaying in free agency.  Going to be taking a look at other offensive linemen today and cutting and editing a video.  

Tough for me to put a label on this at this stage of his career. I think he's had two solid games in a row and he's flashed some big time ability. I'm with some other folks who have said they're cautiously optimistic. He makes enough plays to at least make you start thinking what the future could be if he continues to improve. But you never wanna get ahead of yourself because we've been fooled before. I truly hope he reaches his ceiling and wins the MVP some year, that'd be the most amazing way to shut up all of his doubters.

Other than that, I gotta say that when I watch the dude play I definitely get the feeling that he has that "it" factor. That innate quality that you can't really teach, you know? That whole "ya either got it or you don't" type of thing. Of course he still has a long way to go but for me, I think he's made more good plays than bad (especially over the last two weeks) and I just get this sense about him that he's gonna be special. I really like the way he approaches the game. He doesn't get wrapped up in the outside talk, he doesn't look intimidated out there, he's not afraid of any throw so there's no limit on the types of route concepts Daboll can install, he has a swagger and a presence that this team hasn't had in ages. It's refreshing. 

McBeane drafted this kid because they see a lot of Cam Newton in him and they know how to win with a QB in that mold. If he puts it all together and if this front office can surround him with a solid offense, sky's the limit.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Strongest arm I've seen in decades. Has a lot of work to do, but with the right people around him, I think he has great potential. Very optomistic, but not ready to crown him the next Jim Kelly just yet.

More like John Elway in his rookie year, needs a compliment of offensive linemen, and the team is driven by youth.  Rhythmic quick passes and needs speed to match the dynamics of it being quick strike team.  

• Like (+1) 1

Jury still out? I think Allen has the potential to be a top 5 QB in the league. Allen has the size and mobility you want, he has arguably the strongest arm in the league, he also has a very quick and compact release. The question is will Allen develop his footwork and decision making? If Allen doesn't develop that decision making and footwork he won't develop the accuracy and approach to the game needed to be a high end starting caliber QB. I hope to see Allen take a step up next year when he has a year under his belt and hopefully the team massively upgrades the offensive talent around him.