Where are you on the spectrum??

Dadonkadonk

Wow the spectrum of posts on this board just regarding Allen is astonishing.  From bust to MVP/All-time great.  Same thing with the coach and GM.  

For me I'm a moderate optimist with most things Bills. I like to hash out the pros/cons of moves and decisions. But mostly I feel I'm relatively well grounded in my posts with a slight leaning to a rosey outlook.  I admit I'm frustrated with the moves McBeane have made, but have been fairly consistent in saying none of trades or picks really matter if they miss or hit on Allen.  If they miss on Allen, then they will be gone next year and along with him multiple picks wasted to trade up.  If Allen is a star no one including myself will be able to criticize giving up a LT and multiple picks to go get him.

Where do you fall ?

Edited by Dadonkadonk

I think he will at least be a good starter in this league, top 10, and the best QB we have had since Kelly by far. 

Overall I would say cautiously optimistic. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 6

Impossible to compare answers because there is no standard metric from person to person. 

I think he’s going to be good enough to cause us tremendous heartache when he is close but not quite good enough. 

Mildy pessimistic. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

So it's hard to give an honest answer since we have such a small sample size and a really weak supporting cast around him.

There was a stat up about average distance of air traveled by passes - Bills were #2 - which after years of check downs..... is encouraging? I'll say that Allen is playing to win instead of playing to not lose (TT). Yes he misses throws, yes he needs to work on his touch, we knew that was something he'd have to work on coming out of college. Something that most people complain about for young QBs is that they either don't progress through their reads OR are a 1 read and run QB - Allen while he has run - has absolutely been going through his reads, and many times will stay behind the LOS while scrambling to see if the play develops a bit more.

I think the word that would described our QB situation should be Encouraged with an * that notes we want to see progress next year with a clear team overhaul coming.

Lets put it another way - based on their play to date, I'd take Allen over Bortels, Winston, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar, Tannahill, Flacco(Current condition), Fitz, Sanchez, McCoy, Mullens, and Beathard

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Wow the spectrum of posts on this board just regarding Allen is astonishing.  From bust to MVP/All-time great.

For me I'm a moderate optimist with most things Bills. I like to hash out the pros/cons of moves and decisions. But mostly I feel I'm relatively well grounded in my posts with a slight leaning to a rosey outlook.

Where do you fall ?

I used to be Hopeful.

but now I'm Hapless

Maybe someday in the not too distant future, I'll be Hopeful again

• Like (+1) 2

I'm in the wait till the end of next year camp, having said that, I'm optimistic and definitely hoping he succeeds. I know internet brownie points and being able to say you're right is a big thing these days but making these bust and MVP declarations seem over the top to me. You don't have to go one way or the other. You can wait to gather the evidence first.

I don't know where I am on the spectrum, but I haven't been this excited to watch a Bills game in a long time.....and they are no where close to the playoffs.  Allen has brought excitement back to this team and gives us hope that he is a franchise QB.  He is making plays that I didn't think I'd ever see from a Bills QB and it is exciting.  

• Like (+1) 1

Hated the pick, wish the Jets took him.  I think fans are so hopeful for anything that they will overreact to barely average qb play.  I will say the Fins game was pretty exciting.  

So at the very least, we have a qb who is exciting.  Whether he is a franchise qb or not, I’m not sure of.  But get him some weapons (please have some offensive guru and not SM do it) and let’s see if he can be consistent.

19 minutes ago, stuvian said:

People compare him to Cam Newton but Cam Newton broke Peyton Manning's rookie passing records. I'll say Allen is Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan with wheels

If this is true than he will be more than enough to win a super bowl with the right weapons around him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

So it's hard to give an honest answer since we have such a small sample size and a really weak supporting cast around him.

There was a stat up about average distance of air traveled by passes - Bills were #2 - which after years of check downs..... is encouraging? I'll say that Allen is playing to win instead of playing to not lose (TT). Yes he misses throws, yes he needs to work on his touch, we knew that was something he'd have to work on coming out of college. Something that most people complain about for young QBs is that they either don't progress through their reads OR are a 1 read and run QB - Allen while he has run - has absolutely been going through his reads, and many times will stay behind the LOS while scrambling to see if the play develops a bit more.

I think the word that would described our QB situation should be Encouraged with an * that notes we want to see progress next year with a clear team overhaul coming.

Lets put it another way - based on their play to date, I'd take Allen over Bortels, Winston, Darnold, Rosen, Lamar, Tannahill, Flacco(Current condition), Fitz, Sanchez, McCoy, Mullens, and Beathard

Next year I think that list will be a lot bigger.