Nearly a year into it

fansince88

Guess who's back...yes its the one and only professional dieter!!!

Down 20 pounds since February.  On and off doing 16/8 Intermittent fasting.

lots has to do with my surroundings. When I travel, I eat and drink like a pig.  When Im home I can get back in the routine.  Next week starts the traveling for 3 weeks.  but October and November will be all mine!!!  Im expecting to lose 10 pounds in October and November.  The race is long.  Not in a rush at the moment, just accepting that some days are diamonds, some days are rocks!

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, KW95 - JA17 said:

Guess who's back...yes its the one and only professional dieter!!!

Down 20 pounds since February.  On and off doing 16/8 Intermittent fasting.

lots has to do with my surroundings. When I travel, I eat and drink like a pig.  When Im home I can get back in the routine.  Next week starts the traveling for 3 weeks.  but October and November will be all mine!!!  Im expecting to lose 10 pounds in October and November.  The race is long.  Not in a rush at the moment, just accepting that some days are diamonds, some days are rocks!

I'm intrigued by this intermittent fasting idea.  Can you say more about what you're doing?

I've lost 36 lbs between February and August.  Mostly between February and April, but maintained/lost 3 lbs slowly over the summer. 

I'm done with vacation and ready to get back to it, but having trouble with motivating myself to really be disciplined and log everything I eat, which seems to be what I have to do to lose significant weight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm intrigued by this intermittent fasting idea.  Can you say more about what you're doing?

I've lost 36 lbs between February and August.  Mostly between February and April, but maintained/lost 3 lbs slowly over the summer. 

I'm done with vacation and ready to get back to it, but having trouble with motivating myself to really be disciplined and log everything I eat, which seems to be what I have to do to lose significant weight.

16/8 fasting means only eat during an 8 hour window, and fast for the other 16. 

There's more to it on what you consume in the window (if you eat 4 pizzas and drink 6 liters of coke in 8 hours, the other 16 fasting are not going to help) but that's the general idea. It tends to keep you from eating late before bed, and focuses your eating at two meals. Most would skip breakfast. 

Edited by Sundancer

Just now, Sundancer said:

16/8 fasting means only eat during an 8 hour window, and fast for the other 16. 

There's more to it on what you eat in the window (if you eat 4 pizzas and drink 6 liters of coke in 8 hours, the other 16 fasting are not going to help) but that's the general idea. 

OK, so eat, say, from 9 am until 5 pm, then don't eat until 9 am?

From endocrinology/physiology that makes some sense.  Not eating allows insulin levels to drop, even for insulin-resistant people who spike higher levels, and then fat can be metabolized.

A lot of what made the diet easier for me was not snacking between meals.  When I did WW, they're big on snacking and "never get too hungry".  But what I found is that if I limit carbs (not like Atkins, but limit) and don't snack between 2 or 3 meals a day, I'm actually less hungry.