Sign in to follow this  
fansince88

Nearly a year into it

How is everyone doing? I lost 18 and maintained. Going to kick it again Jan 1. Going for another 10-15

Just found this club on here, and was excited to see it.   Been all over the map in my life weight wise.   6'1 and my highest was 295 junior year of high school.  My lowest was 165 the year I got engaged to my wife.   Never thought I'd get over 200 again, but stopped being a vegetarian, stopped working out daily, and started having a few beers.   Six years later and I am 235 and my doctor told me last visit I need to fix it.

Hoping to lose about 50 pounds, my goal weight is 185.    Glad to see there is a place to track progress and see how everyone else is doing.  Great job everyone who is losing it.  My thirties has been a killer.  Don't eat awful, but have a stressful job with a lot of hours and not a lot of opportunity for exercise. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Just found this club on here, and was excited to see it.   Been all over the map in my life weight wise.   6'1 and my highest was 295 junior year of high school.  My lowest was 165 the year I got engaged to my wife.   Never thought I'd get over 200 again, but stopped being a vegetarian, stopped working out daily, and started having a few beers.   Six years later and I am 235 and my doctor told me last visit I need to fix it.

Hoping to lose about 50 pounds, my goal weight is 185.    Glad to see there is a place to track progress and see how everyone else is doing.  Great job everyone who is losing it.  My thirties has been a killer.  Don't eat awful, but have a stressful job with a lot of hours and not a lot of opportunity for exercise. 

I’m also 6’1”, and weighed 165# in HS. Got married at around 185#, and stayed there for many years. Hurt my shoulder and couldn’t play tennis for about 18 months and slowly ballooned up to 205#. Shoulder healed, back down to 185 for years. Moved to Atlanta where it’s too cold for 1/3 the year to play, and I got close to 195, before recently dropping back down closer to target (as my wife has apparently given up food in her own weight battle). 

It would appear the tennis is critical for my well being. I feel so much better with the exercise, but I’ve tried so many other things and that’s the only thing I can stick to. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m also 6’1”, and weighed 165# in HS. Got married at around 185#, and stayed there for many years. Hurt my shoulder and couldn’t play tennis for about 18 months and slowly ballooned up to 205#. Shoulder healed, back down to 185 for years. Moved to Atlanta where it’s too cold for 1/3 the year to play, and I got close to 195, before recently dropping back down closer to target (as my wife has apparently given up food in her own weight battle). 

It would appear the tennis is critical for my well being. I feel so much better with the exercise, but I’ve tried so many other things and that’s the only thing I can stick to. 

It's hard.   I've never eaten too poorly, but if I dont exercise it's over.   I love to work out, but finding time really is an issue.    Going to try and use my lunch break, when I have them, to work out.  I've started running in the mornings again.  Cold in WNY but have to bite the bullet.   Kind of to the point where I am embarrassed to go to a gym, but need to get over that as well.

I'll be 36 this year, and if I dont start losing the weight now I know Ill be in big trouble.  My Dad passed at 38 from a massive heart attack and I'd rather not go that route.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:13 PM, Augie said:

Isnt it interesting that we gain weight when we are less active...

@Gugny, found the fix for my BP too. Magnesium and Hawthorn Berry. Brought me from 155/108 to 128/84. Still adjusting. I believe it was you that said that was an issue.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, fansince88 said:

@Gugny, found the fix for my BP too. Magnesium and Hawthorn Berry. Brought me from 155/108 to 128/84. Still adjusting. I believe it was you that said that was an issue.

Two things I can eat that bring down my BP are celery and watermelon. Celery will do it in modest amounts. I've only noticed it in watermelon during the summer when I eat a boatload of it.

Celery can be magical though.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Two things I can eat that bring down my BP are celery and watermelon. Celery will do it in modest amounts. I've only noticed it in watermelon during the summer when I eat a boatload of it.

Celery can be magical though.

Thanks. I assume you lay off the salt? 

17 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Thanks. I assume you lay off the salt? 

In general, I haven't because historically I just put stuff like hypertension and weight gain out of my mind. I'm probably consuming less now that I am 3 weeks into an eating better, losing weight state of mind. Hoping to make lifestyle changes where I nail all my breakfast and lunch meals, decent dinners and then just have stuff I want Fri/Sat night.

With regards to celery:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/celery-may-help-bring-your-high-blood-pressure-down/

1 hour ago, SDS said:

In general, I haven't because historically I just put stuff like hypertension and weight gain out of my mind. I'm probably consuming less now that I am 3 weeks into an eating better, losing weight state of mind. Hoping to make lifestyle changes where I nail all my breakfast and lunch meals, decent dinners and then just have stuff I want Fri/Sat night.

With regards to celery:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/celery-may-help-bring-your-high-blood-pressure-down/

So how do you plan ot into your diet? Daily? How many stalks? Willing to try anything nessassary.  Between that and my Triglycerides being off the charts naturally (without intervention of herbs) Im a walking time bomb

Edited by fansince88

I just found this forum.  Starting my own diet and looking to lose 30-40 pounds or so.  So far I’ve lost 6 since January 1.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, fansince88 said:

I do a banana and skim milk every morning hoping to get my magnesium. What the heck is Hawthorn Berry? Long story, but I have no doctor now, and I hate doctors, but I’m pretty sure I need to get my BP down. 

Sign in to follow this