Kelvin Benjamin's Replacement: Take 2

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Benjamin's replacement will also come from Carolina. He's 24 yrs old. 6-4 / 230 with good speed and 21 career TD's.  2019 FA......

Devin Funchess welcome to Buffalo!

...because of the proverbial "Carolina Connection" or based on the kid's talent?.......hard to tell how much influence Tepper may have over GM Hurney & HC Rivera.......wonder if Gettleman would be in the mix?........any thoughts?...........

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...because of the proverbial "Carolina Connection" or based on the kid's talent?.......hard to tell how much influence Tepper may have over GM Hurney & HC Rivera.......wonder if Gettleman would be in the mix?........any thoughts?...........

Both...not to mention he'll probably be the best available free agent this spring among wide receivers who have not already resigned.

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Benjamin's replacement will also come from Carolina. He's 24 yrs old. 6-4 / 230 with good speed and 21 career TD's.  2019 FA......

I don’t know how much panther football you watch, I don’t think I would want Funchess.

I have never been a fan of his there. 

Theres likely to be other free agents available too once teams start trimming for cap space. 

I wouldn’t hate it if they signed him he’s still young and can possibly get better, but he’s gonna be expensive 

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Both...not to mention he'll probably be the best available free agent this spring among wide receivers who have not already resigned.

...thanks.....so then potentially going to the highest bidder between Carolina, McBeane and Gettleman?....

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No they must be fat and slow...see benjamin Tolbert star

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thanks.....so then potentially going to the highest bidder between Carolina, McBeane and Gettleman?....

Unfortunately beggars can't be choosers and there's just not a lot of FA wr's left for spring 2019. I would honestly classify Devin Funchess as faster than Kelvin and I think he'll put in a lot more effort than Benjamin ever did. If they consider him and make sure it's a fair contract or if not we move on in another direction?  21 TDs and 24 yrs old are good numbers.  I'm sure Sean McDermott knows what kind of personality he is, and he'll make the final call. If not draft Marquise Brown from Oklahoma, this kid is a stud.....

Edited by LABILLBACKER