Should we go after Sam Mustipher?

Joeziehmer

https://und.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1612

A good pickup at center whose a little short at 6’3 and lighter at 306 but who has excelled in the defensively heavy draft.  Covers ground well, does good at calling line schemes, and looks like a guy whose motor and production would only increase.  If we build around youth I’d take Sam as a long term offensive lineman.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I think we desperately need a better center than what we have on the roster now. I am hoping this is a priority in the offseason or draft. 

Folks want to give up to much on over thirty lineman.  When you could have someone like Mustipher fall to you in the later rounds take advantage of it.  From looking at Notre Dame and how hard he fights not to give up on plays or allow for tackles for losses or sacks; have him at a bargain basement price.  

I feel that the first priority should be a veteran NFL center and not asking a rookie to fix our OL issues there.   Wood made the OL calls when he was here......get a guy that will help Josh Allen progress.

Nothing wrong however with drafting a OL that can play guard and center with one of our 10 picks however

We need this OL to improve like NOW or at least in the offseason

• Like (+1) 3

I don't think bodine has been all that bad, having ducasse and miller as guards was a nightmare. Teller looks like he's going to man the left for awhile, miller desperately needs to be replaced..I'm calling Bodine and Mills a wash, neither are good, both are somewhat serviceable. Considering you can't have allstars across the board I'd rather improve at tackle than center

36 minutes ago, Tazor Face said:

I don't think bodine has been all that bad, having ducasse and miller as guards was a nightmare. Teller looks like he's going to man the left for awhile, miller desperately needs to be replaced..I'm calling Bodine and Mills a wash, neither are good, both are somewhat serviceable. Considering you can't have allstars across the board I'd rather improve at tackle than center

Why not all stars across the board? That should be the goal. Dawkins stays but could be moved to G or RT. Draft a C and LT in first 3 rounds. Teller improves and 1 FA stud. All stars across the board. 

20 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m a big fan of Jesse Burkett from Stanford.  Very cerebral player and he’s an absolute animal.  

Not too sure about him.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/05/27/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-jesse-burkett/

Especially thisSmallish frame that could use more mass, especially in the lower half. Limited to zone usage in the NFL and may never succeed if power issues aren’t sussed out.

I tend to think that OL might be something they look to fix in free agency rather than the draft. I understand they wanna build thru the draft as much as possible but OL is a position with a steep learning curve from college to the pros. All these guys play in offenses where they rarely line up with their hand in the dirt. Even the highest rated OL prospects are gonna need some substantial time to acclimate to the game at the NFL level. If they go thru free agency then they get a guy who already has NFL experience and would only need to adapt to the blocking schemes that the Bills use.

But of course I'm not opposed to them going OL at some point in the draft. This kid has the ideal McBeane qualities, senior (actually a grad student), has plenty of experience, seems to be high character. Yeah, I'm sure he'll be on their board somewhere.