Why I gave up on the process

Joeziehmer

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/what-was-i-thinking

The blowout losses were the hardest things to take.  And, Sean was more and more out Coached by guys we had passed on.  So, we got blown out by Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.  What stings most was the Chargers loss and the Colts loss.  As we passed on Lynn for head coach and Reich as an offensive coordinator (before his offensive Super Bowl mastery) when folks said he was lucky to have Rivers. Instead of finding Anderson or Barkley earlier Sean extended his nepotism and stubbornness as unwillingness in parting ways with Nate Peterman and still kept him against Chicago.  I see McDermott as a translation Coach and Beane will do what is necessary to save his own neck to that end cutting Peterman; after Sean gave him a vote of confidence.  Sean brought in Beane but it means that McDermott is not Beane’s first choice for a Coach.  If it means after the season jettisoning Sean to have Frazier as an interim I’m set with that.  Given how Leslie was hamstrung in Minnesota with Christian Ponder (who) and having Josh Allen to really develop could see it working.  The defense was tired and the Coach refused to move on from KB or elevate guys like Foster which he was forced too; anyone else thinking that Beane is looking for “his guy” to take over as Coach?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Dumb take by a person who doesnt understand that building things right sometimes requires a near complete teardown first.

Whether it works is anyone's guess but Allen is starting to look the part more and more...and if they hit on him we are gonna be good for a long long time.

I've already begun thinking about my Super Bowl spread.

Every year, I take on too much cooking and, between prep, cooking and cleaning, have very little time to actually enjoy the game.

I think this year I'll order pizzas instead of making them.  I do want to make my own wings with a variety of sauces (hot, mild, garlic/parm, Thai chili).  I may make tenders, too.  I'd really like to make jalapeno poppers, but that's a lot of work.  If I can find the time on Saturday to do all of the prep for them, I'll add those, too.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Every year, I take on too much cooking and, between prep, cooking and cleaning, have very little time to actually enjoy the game.

I think this year I'll order pizzas instead of making them.  I do want to make my own wings with a variety of sauces (hot, mild, garlic/parm, Thai chili).  I may make tenders, too.  I'd really like to make jalapeno poppers, but that's a lot of work.  If I can find the time on Saturday to do all of the prep for them, I'll add those, too.

Do you air fry the wings Gug?

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Sounds great. I make a great wing sauce (sorta boss sauce meets habanero). I tend to smoke my wings and crisp them on the grill.

In other news......this thread was trying to be a serious one??!? Wowza

22 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm starting to look forward to this guy's threads.  i feel he brings us all together with his awfulness.  keep posting you sweet prince!

Hey at least it’s good to know you guys worship and follow Peterman blindly.  Is that part of that die hard fandom which makes it okay to suck?  It was indefensible to keep Nate Peterman and yet you folks defend it to the bloody end. 

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

Sounds great. I make a great wing sauce (sorta boss sauce meets habanero). I tend to smoke my wings and crisp them on the grill.

In other news......this thread was trying to be a serious one??!? Wowza

I make my own hot sauce, which is mainly jolokia-based.  But for my wing sauce, I do butter, garlic, Frank's, then nail it with my sauce for extra heat/flavor.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/what-was-i-thinking

The blowout losses were the hardest things to take.  And, Sean was more and more out Coached by guys we had passed on.  So, we got blown out by Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.  What stings most was the Chargers loss and the Colts loss.  As we passed on Lynn for head coach and Reich as an offensive coordinator (before his offensive Super Bowl mastery) when folks said he was lucky to have Rivers. Instead of finding Anderson or Barkley earlier Sean extended his nepotism and stubbornness as unwillingness in parting ways with Nate Peterman and still kept him against Chicago.  I see McDermott as a translation Coach and Beane will do what is necessary to save his own neck to that end cutting Peterman; after Sean gave him a vote of confidence.  Sean brought in Beane but it means that McDermott is not Beane’s first choice for a Coach.  If it means after the season jettisoning Sean to have Frazier as an interim I’m set with that.  Given how Leslie was hamstrung in Minnesota with Christian Ponder (who) and having Josh Allen to really develop could see it working.  The defense was tired and the Coach refused to move on from KB or elevate guys like Foster which he was forced too; anyone else thinking that Beane is looking for “his guy” to take over as Coach?  

What’s a translation coach?  Is He fluent in other languages?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I make my own hot sauce, which is mainly jolokia-based.  But for my wing sauce, I do butter, garlic, Frank's, then nail it with my sauce for extra heat/flavor.

Sounds awesome. I collect hot sauces from around the world. First time I had jolokia is was called red naga.....and well when the waitress pronounced it I heard it VERY wrong.  those peppers have a nice flavor.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joeziehmer said:

Hey at least it’s good to know you guys worship and follow Peterman blindly.  Is that part of that die hard fandom which makes it okay to suck?  It was indefensible to keep Nate Peterman and yet you folks defend it to the bloody end. 

oh yes!  peterman!  i've mentioned my love for him so many times.  you're right though.  it's unreasonable for me to consider anything this staff does since nate peterman was once on the team.  you strike me as a guy that has a ton of football experience.  you're knowledgeable, reasonable, and have incredible insight.  honestly...thank you for being here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, teef said:

oh yes!  peterman!  i've mentioned my love for him so many times.  you're right though.  it's unreasonable for me to consider anything this staff does since nate peterman was once on the team.  you strike me as a guy that has a ton of football experience.  you're knowledgeable, reasonable, and have incredible insight.  honestly...thank you for being here.

Teef. You're here long enough to know when trolly trolls are trolling.

• Haha (+1) 1