Why I gave up on the process

Joeziehmer

38 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

OP expresses doubt about a rebuild that, in year 2, is 4-8 and predictably gets flamed. While I wouldn't elevate Frazier to interim anything at this point, it's clear something is amiss. 

I know that talking strategy is an exercise in futility, but it's hard to trust "the process" when you can demonstrate the following events from the past off-season forward:

1. The decision to start Peterman was horrible at the time he was made the starter. They knew he lacked arm strength to make some of the throws he'd need to.

2. Their plan at QB was then foiled when Peterman bombed, leaving Allen as the only QB left on the roster and needing to start. They never signed a vet until week 5...4 weeks after the Baltimore debacle.  

3. They acquired Benjamin and knew his knee wasn't good, further exacerbated by the hit he took at Los Angeles last year.  Now he's gone. 

4. They allowed other receivers out the door and didn't replace them with experienced types.  And now we hear they're focusing on speed guys? Where was that in the off-season?

5. They started the season with 3 RBs on the roster (McCoy, Ivory, and Taiwan Jones) who were 29 or older.  And Marcus Murphy isn't a 3 down back. 

6. Sure, they planned on Incognito and Wood, but both were aging vets. They had little to address those issues, but their OL UFA signings have been extremely weak.

7. Yet, they've spent big money on a defense (Star, Murphy, V. Davis, Poyer) which, despite being good against the pass, still doesn't win enough games on it's own with that offense.  

People place their trust in the team because, well, it's the team and to some criticism means you're anti-fan. No, it's not. It just means the fan is objective when the record is what it is. Here's to hoping Allen continues to improve, they build a NFL caliber offense, and stop going down the path of building up defense in an offensive driven league. I'm interested to see how they do it, but nothing less than a playoff appearance is acceptable in 2019. 

How about a maximum?

They took the players that were available and I see no big spending really only wise spending.  How were they to know that theVet they wanted to be a teacher in the secondary would retire in the middle of a game.

40 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

OP expresses doubt about a rebuild that, in year 2, is 4-8 and predictably gets flamed. While I wouldn't elevate Frazier to interim anything at this point, it's clear something is amiss. 

I know that talking strategy is an exercise in futility, but it's hard to trust "the process" when you can demonstrate the following events from the past off-season forward:

1. The decision to start Peterman was horrible at the time he was made the starter. They knew he lacked arm strength to make some of the throws he'd need to.

2. Their plan at QB was then foiled when Peterman bombed, leaving Allen as the only QB left on the roster and needing to start. They never signed a vet until week 5...4 weeks after the Baltimore debacle.  

3. They acquired Benjamin and knew his knee wasn't good, further exacerbated by the hit he took at Los Angeles last year.  Now he's gone. 

4. They allowed other receivers out the door and didn't replace them with experienced types.  And now we hear they're focusing on speed guys? Where was that in the off-season?

5. They started the season with 3 RBs on the roster (McCoy, Ivory, and Taiwan Jones) who were 29 or older.  And Marcus Murphy isn't a 3 down back. 

6. Sure, they planned on Incognito and Wood, but both were aging vets. They had little to address those issues, but their OL UFA signings have been extremely weak.

7. Yet, they've spent big money on a defense (Star, Murphy, V. Davis, Poyer) which, despite being good against the pass, still doesn't win enough games on it's own with that offense.  

People place their trust in the team because, well, it's the team and to some criticism means you're anti-fan. No, it's not. It just means the fan is objective when the record is what it is. Here's to hoping Allen continues to improve, they build a NFL caliber offense, and stop going down the path of building up defense in an offensive driven league. I'm interested to see how they do it, but nothing less than a playoff appearance is acceptable in 2019. 

How about a maximum?

They place their trust because they made the playoffs in in their first year with the team in over 17 years......its pretty simple

They were rebiulding that year...the fact of the matter is this team needed to be torn up from top to bottom......a real NFL qb put in  place.....yada yada yada and alll those things take time.

38 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No there doesnt.  You have freedom of choice you can click or not click.

This buffoon has been putting the same statement (the EXACT same statement) in threads for the past 3 days....now he decides to start a thread and posts the exact same thing

He is trolling.....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They place their trust because they made the playoffs in in their first year with the team in over 17 years......its pretty simple

They were rebiulding that year...the fact of the matter is this team needed to be torn up from top to bottom......a real NFL qb put in  place.....yada yada yada and alll those things take time.

This buffoon has been putting the same statement (the EXACT same statement) in threads for the past 3 days....now he decides to start a thread and posts the exact same thing

He is trolling.....

These actually end up being some of the funnest threads in reality.

3 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Hey at least it’s good to know you guys worship and follow Peterman blindly.  Is that part of that die hard fandom which makes it okay to suck?  It was indefensible to keep Nate Peterman and yet you folks defend it to the bloody end. 

Just stop. Big deal he hung on to Peterman a couple games too long. So what, he finally blew him out as he correctly did to Holmes & Benjasuck. Clay will probably be let go after the season. No not every decision he makes is perfect but he is trimming the fat. He had the foresight to bring Foster back who's playing much better. Did I mention we have a top 2 defense. So Alzheimers let's just fire McD and sign Greggy or  some other retread. Would it really kill the Bills fanbase to allow McB 4 years before we dust off our pitchforks & torches.....

4 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/what-was-i-thinking

The blowout losses were the hardest things to take.  And, Sean was more and more out Coached by guys we had passed on.  So, we got blown out by Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.  What stings most was the Chargers loss and the Colts loss.  As we passed on Lynn for head coach and Reich as an offensive coordinator (before his offensive Super Bowl mastery) when folks said he was lucky to have Rivers. Instead of finding Anderson or Barkley earlier Sean extended his nepotism and stubbornness as unwillingness in parting ways with Nate Peterman and still kept him against Chicago.  I see McDermott as a translation Coach and Beane will do what is necessary to save his own neck to that end cutting Peterman; after Sean gave him a vote of confidence.  Sean brought in Beane but it means that McDermott is not Beane’s first choice for a Coach.  If it means after the season jettisoning Sean to have Frazier as an interim I’m set with that.  Given how Leslie was hamstrung in Minnesota with Christian Ponder (who) and having Josh Allen to really develop could see it working.  The defense was tired and the Coach refused to move on from KB or elevate guys like Foster which he was forced too; anyone else thinking that Beane is looking for “his guy” to take over as Coach?  

this troll thread should be shut down

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No there doesnt.  You have freedom of choice you can click or not click.

And not bump it voicing your displeasure. The thread will die by virtue of being ignored if I don't constantly see it bumped to the top because people keep chiming in to remove lmao.

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this troll thread should be shut down

Then don't bump it! I don't want it at the top of my feed either so I check what's going on and it's you bumping it back up to the top because you want it to go away. Simple solution haha :)

• Like (+1) 1

99% of negative fans don’t understand what it takes to build a culture, or how valuable team climate is. It starts with playing  for one another, and becoming accountable to your teammates and family.   I am 100% behind what McBean is doing, and this is a process that can’t be done overnight or in two seasons on a talentless team.  They’re  picking through the roster and finding the good players, while dumping dead weight. Attitude will change and so will the drive to win. Next years draft will start the repair, and 91 million to spend will help fix the O line in a hurry. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

OP, this is the most intellectually vacant thread that you've posted since yesterday, and has so little grasp on reality at OBD, that how can it be anything other than a troll train careening off the tracks? All aboooooooaaaarrrrrdddd!!

troll GIF

I don't know if his thread is intellectually vacant, I've learned a lot about wing sauce.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And not bump it voicing your displeasure. The thread will die by virtue of being ignored if I don't constantly see it bumped to the top because people keep chiming in to remove lmao.

Hey, you’re not helping (and I realize I’m not either) ?

• Haha (+1) 1