Why I gave up on the process

Joeziehmer

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've already begun thinking about my Super Bowl spread.

Every year, I take on too much cooking and, between prep, cooking and cleaning, have very little time to actually enjoy the game.

I think this year I'll order pizzas instead of making them.  I do want to make my own wings with a variety of sauces (hot, mild, garlic/parm, Thai chili).  I may make tenders, too.  I'd really like to make jalapeno poppers, but that's a lot of work.  If I can find the time on Saturday to do all of the prep for them, I'll add those, too.

Oooooooo.  What’s tai chili? Sounds good

To understand the process of building the team and what they are doing, you have to have vision further than your hand in front of your face. Making the playoffs last season was a blessing, but also a curse because too many fans thought the process was done and the rest was gravy.

Do you know the Bills have nearly 90 million in cap space this offseason, and around 130 million cap space in 2020? Beane has done an outstanding job at cleaning house instead of just slapping bandaids on like past regimes tried to do. He went out and got a QB who is looking for part more and more every week because he knows you can’t win long term without a QB. We are 4-8 and have the top overall defense in the NFL, that should tell you something. Now to build the offense and sure up some key players long term.

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/what-was-i-thinking

The blowout losses were the hardest things to take.  And, Sean was more and more out Coached by guys we had passed on.  So, we got blown out by Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.  What stings most was the Chargers loss and the Colts loss.  As we passed on Lynn for head coach and Reich as an offensive coordinator (before his offensive Super Bowl mastery) when folks said he was lucky to have Rivers. Instead of finding Anderson or Barkley earlier Sean extended his nepotism and stubbornness as unwillingness in parting ways with Nate Peterman and still kept him against Chicago.  I see McDermott as a translation Coach and Beane will do what is necessary to save his own neck to that end cutting Peterman; after Sean gave him a vote of confidence.  Sean brought in Beane but it means that McDermott is not Beane’s first choice for a Coach.  If it means after the season jettisoning Sean to have Frazier as an interim I’m set with that.  Given how Leslie was hamstrung in Minnesota with Christian Ponder (who) and having Josh Allen to really develop could see it working.  The defense was tired and the Coach refused to move on from KB or elevate guys like Foster which he was forced too; anyone else thinking that Beane is looking for “his guy” to take over as Coach?  

Here is the main thing...no one cares. You know what I mean?

• Haha (+1) 1

The blowout losses were the hardest things to take.  And, Sean was more and more out Coached by guys we had passed on.  So, we got blown out by Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.  What stings most was the Chargers loss and the Colts loss.  As we passed on Lynn for head coach and Reich as an offensive coordinator (before his offensive Super Bowl mastery) when folks said he was lucky to have Rivers. Instead of finding Anderson or Barkley earlier Sean extended his nepotism and stubbornness as unwillingness in parting ways with Nate Peterman and still kept him against Chicago.  I see McDermott as a translation Coach and Beane will do what is necessary to save his own neck to that end cutting Peterman; after Sean gave him a vote of confidence.  Sean brought in Beane but it means that McDermott is not Beane’s first choice for a Coach.  If it means after the season jettisoning Sean to have Frazier as an interim I’m set with that.  Given how Leslie was hamstrung in Minnesota with Christian Ponder (who) and having Josh Allen to really develop could see it working.  The defense was tired and the Coach refused to move on from KB or elevate guys like Foster which he was forced too; anyone else thinking that Beane is looking for “his guy” to take over as Coach?  

Great post. Now, if you're officially quitting the process, I suppose this means goodbye.

So goodbye. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

No.  And those blowout losses were with Frazier calling the defense so elevating Frazier, who failed as a HC, isn't exactly a smart idea.

OP expresses doubt about a rebuild that, in year 2, is 4-8 and predictably gets flamed. While I wouldn't elevate Frazier to interim anything at this point, it's clear something is amiss. 

I know that talking strategy is an exercise in futility, but it's hard to trust "the process" when you can demonstrate the following events from the past off-season forward:

1. The decision to start Peterman was horrible at the time he was made the starter. They knew he lacked arm strength to make some of the throws he'd need to.

2. Their plan at QB was then foiled when Peterman bombed, leaving Allen as the only QB left on the roster and needing to start. They never signed a vet until week 5...4 weeks after the Baltimore debacle.  

3. They acquired Benjamin and knew his knee wasn't good, further exacerbated by the hit he took at Los Angeles last year.  Now he's gone. 

4. They allowed other receivers out the door and didn't replace them with experienced types.  And now we hear they're focusing on speed guys? Where was that in the off-season?

5. They started the season with 3 RBs on the roster (McCoy, Ivory, and Taiwan Jones) who were 29 or older.  And Marcus Murphy isn't a 3 down back. 

6. Sure, they planned on Incognito and Wood, but both were aging vets. They had little to address those issues, but their OL UFA signings have been extremely weak.

7. Yet, they've spent big money on a defense (Star, Murphy, V. Davis, Poyer) which, despite being good against the pass, still doesn't win enough games on it's own with that offense.  

People place their trust in the team because, well, it's the team and to some criticism means you're anti-fan. No, it's not. It just means the fan is objective when the record is what it is. Here's to hoping Allen continues to improve, they build a NFL caliber offense, and stop going down the path of building up defense in an offensive driven league. I'm interested to see how they do it, but nothing less than a playoff appearance is acceptable in 2019. 

24 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There really needs to be a minimum post count to create threads.............

How about a maximum?

You would be one of the guys they trade or cut.  While most of us are now buying in you are checking out.  The D is playing wellbecause McD sat Frazier down and told him what adjustments he needed to make and the D started doing better.  Make no mistake, that is McDs D.  You have no patience and were probably never a process guy to begin with.  You didnt give up on it, you never really bought in.  If you cant see this team is trending in the right direction all I can tell you is that your blind.

Just a little extra note: McDermott brought Beane into the organization he is McDs hire not vice versa.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You are either one of the newest worst posters or a troll...either way we are quickly realizing to not open these terrible threads you keep starting.

I remember seeing the profile create year as 2015.   So hes been around lying dormant.   Maybe some awakening event happened?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Beane is part of the process.  Now what are you gonna do? 

Not to mention the Pegulas are as well.  Maybe we should nationalize the team and fire the owners

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

I remember seeing the profile create year as 2015.   So hes been around lying dormant.   Maybe some awakening event happened?

He saw to much positivity and optomism and was not going to tolerate that sort of thing on this board.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've already begun thinking about my Super Bowl spread.

Every year, I take on too much cooking and, between prep, cooking and cleaning, have very little time to actually enjoy the game.

I think this year I'll order pizzas instead of making them.  I do want to make my own wings with a variety of sauces (hot, mild, garlic/parm, Thai chili).  I may make tenders, too.  I'd really like to make jalapeno poppers, but that's a lot of work.  If I can find the time on Saturday to do all of the prep for them, I'll add those, too.

Your mets have been busy lately.  Maybe once you guys start heading in the right direction you should fire your GM and manager.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

If by "air," you mean deep fried in peanut oil, then yes.  Yes, I do.

Yes air fried and dipped in ranch.

3 hours ago, teef said:

i'm starting to look forward to this guy's threads.  i feel he brings us all together with his awfulness.  keep posting you sweet prince!

Hes our Founette bringing our team together.

Hey at least it’s good to know you guys worship and follow Peterman blindly.  Is that part of that die hard fandom which makes it okay to suck?  It was indefensible to keep Nate Peterman and yet you folks defend it to the bloody end. 

Nathen Peterman is still on the Roster?

3 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

What’s a translation coach?  Is He fluent in other languages?

He explains the process to those that dont understand it.  For example a process is something that is planned out and moves in a certain order.  It takes time.

• Like (+1) 1