Bills fans thoughts on our meltdown this year?

Ice bowl 67

Packers are probably my second favorite team behind the Bills. 

In fact, they may be the only team I don't hate!

For several years now, it has seemed like GB has not done enough winning given the luxury of having Rodgers as their QB.

The blame there has to fall on coaching, and they probably should have made a change before now.

7 hours ago, Monty Green said:

That's a pretty good prediction, honestly. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility in the least. Then Brady tries to hold out so he can play in the SB against the Packers, but loses to the Bills in the Conference Championship, who go on to defeat the Belichick/Rodgers Packers, spoiling the fun for both of them separately.

If you're going to be a Bills fan, it's important to have a vivid imagination.

After throwing a 90 yard touchdown that is in the air for 150 yards while simultaneously rushing for a 250 yard touchdown, Josh Allen flexes his muscles and Bellicheck dies in the exact same way as that guy from the Indiana Jones movie with the holy grail. 

Whatever attractive woman Rodgers is dating at the time immediate leaves him for Allen. 

Chris Collinsworth tries to talk about how Allen is good but Brady is actually the best but he chokes on his own spit and dies.

The Miami Dolphins announce directly after the game that they are moving their franchise to former Yugoslavia. 

The Jets board a jet and never come back. 

Jim Kelly emerges from a cryochamber as a 26 year old and McD announces that we will be running two QB sets always. Our entire offensive plan for the next thirty years is to have Josh Allen and Jim Kelly throw the ball back and forth until they score, similar to rugby. 

Patrick Mahomes goes to speech therapy.

Rex Ryan chokes on a toe. 

Tom Brady reveals that he's actually a man, which shocks the whole world. On the way off the podium he trips on his ugg boots and vomits up a vegan sandwhich while crying uncontrollably. 

Josh Rosen wheres a shirt that says "wrong Josh" 

Baker Mayfield asks permission from the league to grab Josh Allens junk. 

Roger Goodell places himself on the exempt list. 

Chip Kelly emerges from the tunnel somehow and is instantly vaporized by Shady's gaze. 

McD claps on the sideline and it is later revealed, that much like Thanos' snap, each of his claps erases half of all Patriots fans. (and some cowboy fans for good measure) 

The same guys who started the "Josh Allen is tall" campaign begin a write in campaign for Presidency in a non election year and it works. Allen is elected president after a unanimous vote. 

I could go on for days. 

2 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys are right. I bet your hoping we are in the basement for awhile right. 

Not at all, I ha e long been envious of packers fans for there success over the years.  Brett favre leaves and in comes Aaron.  I like the packers and enjoy watching them.  They should be able to flip this around pretty fast.

Excited to go into work in an hr cause my boss is a hugee packers fan and loves to rip on the bills any,chance he gets. Even tho hes an annoying fan, he is very in tune to whats going on so I'm interested to hear what he says

On 12/5/2018 at 5:36 AM, JoPar_v2 said:

Your ex-head coach is trash; like, a real modern-day idiot. Also, you have had some real attrition in your WR corps that wasn’t replaced. Defense has always pretty much sucked throughout the Rodgers era. Honestly, you guys should have cleaned house and started rebuilding 3-4 years ago. Now you’re screwed. 

Just being honest! Still love ya IceBowl.

That's kind of the way I see it - I dunno about the "now you're screwed" but the Pack has not managed to put a good D on the field in years.

The point about the attrition not replaced is also fair, as is the run game.

I'm not sure how much of that is on the HC, and how much is Ted Thompson did him no favors.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't follow the Packers really close, but I do watch 5-6 of their games each season.  It's hard for me to believe Mike McCarthy is THE problem after almost 13 years of being successful at that job.  Seems more like a case of the head coach being the scapegoat.

In one sense, the Packers front office has it REALLY easy.  They have possibly the NFL's best quarterback, meaning they are completely set at the most important position (and have been since about 1992).  If they can build even a half-decent roster around him, they should always be in serious playoff contention.

But at the same time, Aaron Rodgers counts for almost 12 percent of the team's salary cap - by himself.  The Packers don't have the luxury to be big spenders in free agency, and are often forced to let young talent walk (Micah Hyde for instance) right in their prime.  So even though the toughest position is already taken care of, they cannot afford lackluster drafts and really need to make sure every contract dollar counts.  

With that said, I don't think the Packers have drafted well over the last 3-4 years.  And it's finally caught up to them. 

The roster around Rodgers is simply NOT good anymore.  At 35 years old (and injured), he is struggling to carry it all by himself.  Remember that Rodgers' game has always been about his athletic ability and arm strength, so age will factor quicker than with someone like Tom Brady or Drew Brees.

18 hours ago, La Jolla said:

OP is a packers fan?

What a misleading thread and a vague title. 

I havent been following the pack...

Not even remotely misleading if you've been on this board for even a little while (year-plus).

Edited by dave mcbride