Baldy's Breakdown of Allen vs. Miami

3 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

If Clay just keeps coming back to the ball instead of falling, he catches it. Literally 1 more step before "diving/falling" for it and we win. 

I think Clay misjudged it because it wasn't a typical Allen rocket.  It was fluttering a little and didn't travel as much as Clay would have expected.  I'm not excusing Clay.  He was uncontested and it was up to him to get in position to make the catch.  Anyway I agree, all Clay had to do was keep his feet and charge back for the ball.  He might not have scored but there was plenty of time for that, if he'd gotten the first down.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You still of the mindset that we “drafted the wrong Josh?”  You have been one of the most vocal proponents of Rosen over Allen.  Curious to hear your thoughts.

I asked that question, who still thinks we drafted the wrong Josh, last week.  Got nothing but crickets.  This guy is going to be really good.

• Like (+1) 4

But I mean, receiving 101, work your way back to the QB. he was what, 8 yds deep in the end zone when he started coming back for the ball? Whatever, I could say more about the play - like I like our lineman that got that last little chip on Wake? could have maybe gotten more of him letting Allen feel more comfortable to fully plant and throw- then again i'm just glad it wasn't a flag so i'll take the error on the side of caution. Supposedly Zay was also coming open underneath, but that actually leads me to something that i find interesting - I think John not only goes through his reads, but also looks deeper more often than his check downs. There was a play last week against the jags, I think the one where it was an almost pick - regardless, shady was literally left alone on the right flat - completely unaccounted for and I don't think Allen looked down to see him - for the first time in my life I wish i had All-22 access to review games.

2 hours ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

If Clay just keeps coming back to the ball instead of falling, he catches it. Literally 1 more step before "diving/falling" for it and we win. 

Yeah, it looked like he slipped a bit, too. Guys were losing their footing all day on that field.

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

wasn't footwork supposed to be the achilles heel of JA?  

yeah, right.

I don't think so.... accuracy

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I still can’t believe Clay’s poor adjustment to the ball.

Until that angle on the play, I didn't realize how deep he still was in the end zone....I'm shocked and its the reason the ball wasn't completed

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You still of the mindset that we “drafted the wrong Josh?”  You have been one of the most vocal proponents of Rosen over Allen.  Curious to hear your thoughts.

You will never, EVER get the evil bot to admit he's wrong about anything. You may as well not even try.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think so.... accuracy

the consensus in the national media and most of this board until a few weeks was JA could not be an NFL QB due to:

1. accuracy.  seems pretty accurate most of the time to me.  many of his incompletions are catchable.

2. footwork.  its all wrong and cant be fixed.  right?  I specifically remember this being an issue after the draft.

3. reading defense.  he cant process fast enough.  supposedly.

4. too big and slow.  all big guys must be slow, its a rule somewhere.

5. Wyoming??  no one good comes from a school not ranked in the top ten nationally.  its just not possible.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

@ScottLaw

@jrober38

Have you guys seen this yet? Interesting stuff. 

Allen played great on Sunday. 

His scrambling ability is incredible and he's pretty good as a passer when he can let it rip. His touch passes and deep balls aren't very good, but with practice they should get better (particularly the deep ball). Allen has missed numerous deep balls this year to wide open receivers. He needs to learn to put more air under the ball and throw it to where his guy can round off his route, allowing him to be less precise. 

For example, on the deep ball to Foster, he doesn't need to throw it to the goal line right out in front of Foster. Throw it towards the very middle of the field or even the left hash, and let Foster adjust to the ball and round off his route at the end. That should come with more practice. 

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You will never, EVER get the evil bot to admit he's wrong about anything. You may as well not even try.

The angry EDO continues to soil the board with drivel. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2