NFL looking at changes to Punting

MAJBobby

Get rid of the kick off. It really irritates me when fans are fired up before the game and then it starts with a kick off going thru the end zone. Everybody sits while they spot the ball, offense runs on field and fans take a drink.  

Like the punt if the kick is returned there is a penalty, especially if it is the Bills.

16 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

Get rid of the kick off. It really irritates me when fans are fired up before the game and then it starts with a kick off going thru the end zone. Everybody sits while they spot the ball, offense runs on field and fans take a drink.  

Like the punt if the kick is returned there is a penalty, especially if it is the Bills.

You need the kick off. I wish they didn’t ***** with it in the first place but plz don’t get rid of it. It still has some sentimental value 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Instead of getting rid of the kickoff, how about bring it back? Move the kick off spot back to the 15 or make a touchback be the 35. It was an exciting play, bring kick returns back. Stop overreacting about the head injury lawsuit. Bring back football 

Yes!!!

1 hour ago, Stroke 17 said:

The kick off is worthless now. I also cant stand when the ball touches the endzone the refs blow the whistle, that used to be a live ball requiring the returner to run it out or down it- essentially not allowing the coverage team to make a big play.

• Like (+1) 1

The illegal block in the back seems to be the biggest killer, especially for the bills. Every dang punt it’s called it seems. I don’t support being able to crush someone from behind when they aren’t looking but if you even touch them it’s a penalty. Holding and illegal block have to make up the majority of calls on punts, gotta be a way to modify it some 

Eliminate the touchback if the ball lands in the field of play first and bounces into the endzone. If the ball hits at say the one, then bounces into and through the endzone, give the kicking team 2 points like a touchback. If the ball hits in the endzone and goes through, it's a touchback. It makes kicks more difficult cause they will have to try and get the ball to land before the endzone instead of just kicking it through, and it force the other team to return the kick instead of just letting it go.

In order to promote more offense and scoring, just dump the KO and after a score, the opposing team gets the football on their own 40.

Why not just do this instead of the charade of a KO with the end result being a touch back most of the time?

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

The illegal block in the back seems to be the biggest killer, especially for the bills. Every dang punt it’s called it seems. I don’t support being able to crush someone from behind when they aren’t looking but if you even touch them it’s a penalty. Holding and illegal block have to make up the majority of calls on punts, gotta be a way to modify it some 

most of those penalties are weak hits and away from the play. Refs need to be able to use discretion on penalties on punts.

Edited by klos63
  • Like (+1) 1