Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

I love watching McDermott and Beane operate.   They have no fear.   In particular, they have no fear of mistakes.   They make decisions, like acquiring Benjamin, and they are not afraid to admit that it didn't work.  

I also love how they don't waste time.   They want a young team, they want to build through the draft.   They don't want old players around unless they are really, really good players or leaders.   If you're old and not a leader or a star, you're occupying space that, in McBeane's mind, is better occupied by a young guy.   Get the old guy out of here NOW, so we can get a young guy in and see what he can do.  

They're going to keep changing the mix of players every chance they get.  As they've said many times, they're all about getting better at every position, all the time.  

McBeane's mindset changed when the game ended Sunday.   The Bills have four preseason games left in 2018.   These games are the opportunity to see and evaluate players, and the Bills have seen and evaluated Benjamin and Holmes as much as they needed.  

• Like (+1) 9

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s playing very well and he’d instantly be the best receiver on the Bills and his skill set is perfect for Josh Allen.  Jason Peters, Sammy Watkins - Bills fans never tire of misevaluating players who ask to be paid.

The worst part it is Sammy tried to appease stupid Bills fans and come back to early from his foot injury and it is continuing to linger.  Foot injuries are no joke (AJ Green) but stupid fans questioned his toughness.

still, bitter Bills fans >>>> McVay and Reid

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's been playing very well when healthy, but the feet may just be a chronic issue with him. I will not be surprised if he has the same injury as the one he had with the other foot. It's correctable, but he probably won't be 100 percent until around September of next year if he has the surgery.

Yeah, the foot injury is a killer.  AJ Green came back too early and now is hurt for the rest of the year.  But he showed Bengal fans how tough he was!

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I love watching McDermott and Beane operate.   They have no fear.   In particular, they have no fear of mistakes.   They make decisions, like acquiring Benjamin, and they are not afraid to admit that it didn't work.  

I also love how they don't waste time.   They want a young team, they want to build through the draft.   They don't want old players around unless they are really, really good players or leaders.   If you're old and not a leader or a star, you're occupying space that, in McBeane's mind, is better occupied by a young guy.   Get the old guy out of here NOW, so we can get a young guy in and see what he can do.  

They're going to keep changing the mix of players every chance they get.  As they've said many times, they're all about getting better at every position, all the time.  

McBeane's mindset changed when the game ended Sunday.   The Bills have four preseason games left in 2018.   These games are the opportunity to see and evaluate players, and the Bills have seen and evaluated Benjamin and Holmes as much as they needed.  

Man, these guys are untouchable to some fans.  It’s amazing.  They traded 2 picks for a fat guy who they had in Carolina who has gotten worse every season of his career.  Great move McBean!!!

and I do agree on Benjamin having the worst contract year probably. Millions of dollars couldn’t motivate him.  What a bum.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The worst part it is Sammy tried to appease stupid Bills fans and come back to early from his foot injury and it is continuing to linger.  Foot injuries are no joke (AJ Green) but stupid fans questioned his toughness.

still, bitter Bills fans >>>> McVay and Reid

Yeah, the foot injury is a killer.  AJ Green came back too early and now is hurt for the rest of the year.  But he showed Bengal fans how tough he was!

It's a different foot, however, and it looks like Watkins' season is pretty much toast (although he may be a spot player in the last couple of games; who knows). The issue might actually be that he has chronic, congenital foot problems, which might explain why teams like LA and Buffalo didn't try to retain him. There's a ton of medical info we are not privy too. 

Edited by dave mcbride

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's been playing very well when healthy, but the feet may just be a chronic issue with him. I will not be surprised if he has the same injury as the one he had with the other foot. It's correctable, but he probably won't be 100 percent until around September of next year if he has the surgery.

Just saying - they keep opening this guys feet up.  It's becoming a serious problem.  He has talent for sure, but he's the 3rd best option on that team at the moment.  2 games with over 100 yards this year, and 3 total TDs.  On an offense that is scoring an insane number of points.  I wouldn't say he's having a "good" year at all.

Edited by dneveu
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If these recent promotions work out then it will have a positive impact on our 2019 draft plans.  Just the chance of these new players sticking long term (key depth or better) will allow us to focus our draft and free agent resources on other players that play different positions this coming offseason.  

Edited by RochesterRob

24 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Just saying - they keep opening this guys feet up.  It's becoming a serious problem.  He has talent for sure, but he's the 3rd best option on that team at the moment.  2 games with over 100 yards this year, and 3 total TDs.  On an offense that is scoring an insane number of points.  I wouldn't say he's having a "good" year at all.

It's less about the stats than watching when he plays for KC. When healthy (a MAJOR qualifier, to be sure), he's just so damn explosive, and his hands are as strong as those of any receiver in the league.  He doesn't lose hand battles (unlike a certain receiver who just departed the Bills). He has essentially played in 8 games this season (he played in two other games for 1 play because of injuries). In those 8 games, he has 515 yards on 39 catches, which prorates to 78 catches for 1,030 yards. That is a LOT in an offense that spreads the ball around so much. But the feet are of course a problem with him. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

A little thing called a foot injury. 

And I think at this point we can give McBeane just a little bit of credit for -- luckily or otherwise -- having a sense that Sammy may never be the player everyone hoped he would be because of that foot.  Having Sammy on the roster last year or this wouldn't have made a significant difference to the Bills' W-L record, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, eball said:

And I think at this point we can give McBeane just a little bit of credit for -- luckily or otherwise -- having a sense that Sammy may never be the player everyone hoped he would be because of that foot.  Having Sammy on the roster last year or this wouldn't have made a significant difference to the Bills' W-L record, in my opinion.

Just to clarify, it's the other foot this time as I understand it.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Just to clarify, it's the other foot this time as I understand it.

Wow -- that is incredibly unlucky for Sammy.  Makes you wonder if his body type isn't suited to the rigors of the NFL.  Some guys just can't stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow -- that is incredibly unlucky for Sammy.  Makes you wonder if his body type isn't suited to the rigors of the NFL.  Some guys just can't stay healthy.

I'm not 100 percent sure of that, but I do recall reading that (or hearing about it) somewhere. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man, these guys are untouchable to some fans.  It’s amazing.  They traded 2 picks for a fat guy who they had in Carolina who has gotten worse every season of his career.  Great move McBean!!!

It's about big picture, not individual decisions.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You see, this is what's frustrating about reading your posts. You're qualifying other posts as something they're not to make a point that has no value.

Case in point...you respond to Shaw directly when you refer to fans who consider management as "untouchable" and above criticism, and yet he only last night admitted problems with McDermott, including...

18 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

1.    I’ve said it before, but it’s worth repeating:  McDermott is failing at his job in at least one big aspect, and that’s getting the penalties under control.  These guys are killing themselves with penalties.

They're not untouchable. There are things to criticize for a new coach and GM...even an old coach and GM. But again, you choose down side almost exclusively, and pretty much everyone else chooses up side, which bothers you for some reason to the extent that you misrepresent what others are trying to say.

We get it. You hate management. You're very clear about it. No need to misrepresent those who don't sing your lone note with you.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

A little thing called a foot injury. 

Don't you think that should be a larger part of the discussion? 

Do you think it's a coincidence that two franchises whose medical staffs had an intimate view of Watkins health declined to commit to him for the long term?

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Don't you think that should be a larger part of the discussion? 

Do you think it's a coincidence that two franchises whose medical staffs had an intimate view of Watkins health declined to commit to him for the long term?

See my posts above.