Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not at all, actually.

Happy Days is 100% correct. It’s amazing to me that this is still being litigated around these parts. Watkins just hasn’t produced nearly enough to be considered a top WR. Outside of one year he didn’t do nearly enough on a team when he was the clear number 1. Then he got lost in the shuffle on high powered teams like the Rams and Chiefs. He’s not horrible, he’s just not worth 17m a year or whatever it is. He’s inconsistent and oft injured. 

It amazing. Zay Jones has nearly identical production to Watkins this year. Watkins missed a couple games with an injury. Jones had Peterman and Derek Anderson playing QB for a chunk of the season. Call that a wash. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, HansLanda said:

Wonder if KB gets grabbed by a playoff contender on the cheap for rest of year? Basically free?

or Jets just for head coach to pump him for knowledge trying to save job.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:26 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Whoa...so OBD does read the analysis on TBD!!! 

You mean analysis like everyone needs to be fired? No.

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

or Jets just for head coach to pump him for knowledge trying to save job.

You mean analysis like everyone needs to be fired? No.

Kelvin doesn’t even know if he should line up on or off the line and he has been here for over a year....let alone give away any secrets

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, McBean said:

One of my best friends played at a big time college program with one of Kelvin's teammates in the NFL...

My buddy texted his friend and his response?

"Kelvin could care less about football."

Well at least he has that going for him.  It would be bad if he couldn’t care less.

• Haha (+1) 2

Yeah... as underwhelming they have been, can we really afford to get even thinner at WR?

Yet another one of pre-season criticisms come to fruition. All the over the moon optimists insisted our WR corps was fine, great even. Glad we wasted a 2nd round pick on Benjamin -_-

Sadly, it won't surprise me if Benjamin has a great season wherever he goes outside of Buffalo....just like so many others. Their best seasons tend to be before or after they come to Buffalo.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The Rams already had two solid WR and the best RB in football who caught a lot of balls. And when they lost out on the Sammy sweepstakes they paid a fortune for his replacement, Cooks.

The FACT is, the two architects of the two best offenses in the last two decades BOTH traded for or paid a fortune to acquire Sammy Watkins, in consecutive years.

That is true.  The FACT also is, that Watkins was the #4 WR on the Rams last year with 39.5 YPG and a meh 55.7% catch %

He's #3 on the Chiefs team this year with a good catch  % of 73% and 52 ypg.

The fact is, Sammy contributed more than that in 2014 with Orton and EJ Manual throwing to him and 2015 with Taylor.

Yes, you're right they traded for or paid very well to acquire Watkins, but there has to be disappointment in the pay given the performance.

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah... as underwhelming they have been, can we really afford to get even thinner at WR?

Yet another one of pre-season criticisms come to fruition. All the over the moon optimists insisted our WR corps was fine, great even. Glad we wasted a 2nd round pick on Benjamin -_-

Sadly, it won't surprise me if Benjamin has a great season wherever he goes outside of Buffalo....just like so many others. Their best seasons tend to be before or after they come to Buffalo.

It was a 3rd round pick I believe....

It would surprise me if Benjamin plays next year.  I think he doesn't really love playing football.  At this point, he's earned $15M in bonus and salary so why do something you don't love?  Depending upon his tastes and whether he's invested it decently (and I'll say this, at least he doesn't make the news driving around with 'spice' in his car or for club altercations) that's more than enough money to buy a nice house with some property and a nice boat, sit on the porch, and go fishing.

If he does play football, it would surprise me if he had a great season.  "Dogging it" gets to be a habit, just like anything else a person keeps doing.

42 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It would surprise me if Benjamin plays next year.  I think he doesn't really love playing football.  At this point, he's earned $15M in bonus and salary so why do something you don't love?  Depending upon his tastes and whether he's invested it decently (and I'll say this, at least he doesn't make the news driving around with 'spice' in his car or for club altercations) that's more than enough money to buy a nice house with some property and a nice boat, sit on the porch, and go fishing.

If he does play football, it would surprise me if he had a great season.  "Dogging it" gets to be a habit, just like anything else a person keeps doing.

Perhaps he read this:

The Lazy Person’s Guide to Successful Investing

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/4/2018 at 4:38 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The difference is we are now mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

Giving up on the season because of a few bad games is irrational.  

He's was bad before just a few games this season.  Carolina wanted to dump him for a reason.  Beane had blind love for this guy...

• Like (+1) 1