Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

Great all around move by McBean. Good stuff! I wonder who they have in mind to bring in to fill those spots. Didint the Charges just release a former 1st round pick who started for them at LT? Barksdale?

All around would include the 3rd round pick we gave up for Benjamin. It was an obvious, necessary move. A failed trade in the end , though.

7 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I'm sure he will suddenly "find his groove" if signed by New England, but i have no respect for any NFL player who half ***** it like he did.   Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out Kelvin.

...LOL...."his groove" and "Belichick's grove" are wider than the Grand Canyon...

Benjamin, a first-round pick of the Panthers in 2014, was in the final season of his rookie contract and was scheduled for unrestricted free agency in March. Any team claiming Benjamin off waivers would owe him the remaining portion of his $8.5 million base salary this season. If he is not claimed off waivers, the Bills would owe Benjamin the remainder of his fully guaranteed salary.- Per ESPN

Don’t give McBeane to much credit; as we could have benched him and let him go as an unrestricted free agent.  

Edited by Joeziehmer

27 minutes ago, klos63 said:

All around would include the 3rd round pick we gave up for Benjamin. It was an obvious, necessary move. A failed trade in the end , though.

Without a doubt a failed trade. Cut and moved on. 

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Christmas comes early. I’m glad they made a point to release KB, his level of effort is an insult to the rest of the lockeroom. 

Him backing off on that pass at the goal line may have been all they had to see. The previous poster was spot on. Addition by subtraction.

Just now, DC Tom said:

But...why now?  I mean, why even bother?  It's not like they need the roster spots.  

Maybe seeing what they have in house is better than having a crappy attitude on the team. Even if those in house guys are from the practice squad.

Yet another statement move that was correct, in my opinion. You cannot allow play like he has put on display to go on. Coach accordingly and if he still ignores it’s time to part ways. 

Good move by the organization. Him quitting was unforeseeable.