Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

KB was probably one of the worst acquisitions the Bills have made in the past 40 years. I have to say they got swindled! About the only excuse I can think of for KB was that injury he took vs the Chargers in the Peterman INT fest game greatly affected him. Other than that he had a bad attitude and appeared to be really lazy.  In addition he failed in so many clutch situations. Good riddance!!

• Like (+1) 1

Video never lies and what KB put on display for personnel execs to look at might result in nothing more than a 1 year “prove it” deal for league minimum. It effort was disgraceful while also illustrating he has little understanding of the importance of each individual route to the passing scheme. Good riddance.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

What are you talking about? The NFL is the ONLY league where the contracts AREN'T guaranteed other than the bonus money. Look at the NBA and MLB if you want to see REAL issues with players taking money...and not $2.1 million...try $50 and $60 million in some cases after they have become scrubs...

Or the case of Bobby Bonilla, who collects $1.19 million a year from the Mets (every July 1, from 2011 to 2035). It's part of a deal deferring the $5.9 million the Mets owed him from the 2000 season, a year in which he didn't play for the team, because they released him in January. Bonilla's agent worked out a deal that deferred payment (with an 8 percent annual interest rate). Pretty shrewd move. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/125162/happy-bobby-bonilla-day-his-annual-1-19-million-payday-is-here

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Christmas comes early. I’m glad they made a point to release KB, his level of effort is an insult to the rest of the lockeroom. 

I recall one play where Allen scrambled to the left and there was only Benjamin and a DB.  KB's pathetic attempt at blocking led to the DB making the tackle.

Just now, K-9 said:

Video never lies and what KB put on display for personnel execs to look at might result in nothing more than a 1 year “prove it” deal for league minimum. It effort was disgraceful while also illustrating he has little understanding of the importance of each individual route to the passing scheme. Good riddance.

I think he just gave up on the team early in the season with Nate. There were moments with Josh that he actually played pretty hard. The game Josh got hurt he had two great long catches with 100% effort and defenders all over him. There were flashes of effort but way a piece of crap as far as being a teammate. Half the routes he was running lazily, which is intolerable.

• Like (+1) 1

mike catalana just said on the news the amount of catches vs. the amount of targets,  kb was dead last in the league for wrs. 

i think a new thread would be ok guessing who they will bring up/sign? im wondering if they bring gentry from the bears' p.s.

Edited by billsredneck1

It took about 5 weeks too long, but McDermott finally made a statement.  I'm a tad disappointed that - of all people - Beane and McDermott couldn't see this coming.

But burns happen and they got burned.

At the end of last season, I loved KB.  He played hurt and looked like he was all heart.  Man, was I fooled.  He's been a bum since this season started.  Just glad his tenure here is over.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well OK then but who are we putting on the field?

Do you have any plans for next weekend? Couldn’t be any worse if, you know, you at least try. That would be a step in the right direction!  

The locker room knew the deal with KB. He had to go, or at least sit. Keeping him inactive would have suited me, if only just to shame him. (Can he be shamed?) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It took about 5 weeks too long, but McDermott finally made a statement.  I'm a tad disappointed that - of all people - Beane and McDermott couldn't see this coming.

But burns happen and they got burned.

At the end of last season, I loved KB.  He played hurt and looked like he was all heart.  Man, was I fooled.  He's been a bum since this season started.  Just glad his tenure here is over.

Something happened - I have no idea what. I’ve never seem anything quite like that.