Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I understand addition by substraction, but that's really not going to be the case here. We are adding Ray Ray McCloud and losing Benjamin. We now have no one the defense even considers a threat. I hated KB and his ***** attitude, and if I thought for one second that he was bringing the team down with it, I would agree it's addition by subtraction. But it clearly hasn't. These guys all work their ass off but him. But 31 GMs in the league would still rather have Kelvin Benjamin and all his baggage versus Ray Ray McCloud and all his first names.

We have no size, no experience, no one the defense has to be concerned about and our best WR was the worst WR in the whole league last year. He's getting better but he dropped a pass early in the game that was a first down, ran the wrong route in the endzone on a sure TD, and dropped a perfect pass on the five yard line that would have all but won the game in the last minute.

I think it's probably a move made with there being no real shot at the playoffs and no intention of bringing either of those guys with the team next year. So might as well get more reps for the young cheap guys that will be fighting for jobs in the next preseason camp.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Even he was not this bad.   I am talking should not be on the field even as a backup bad

How does literally playing pattycake along the line of scrimmage with the OLineman and avoiding any contact not qualify?

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're probably correct.  But his salary is fully guaranteed. 

"I'd rather pay you $2.1M to leave the building than see you on the field in our uniform, ever again" is a fairly strong statement.

Doesn't look so bad when Sam Bradford made a guaranteed 15mil with the Birds. He sucked and you reap what you sow.  Also makes me 

believe even more he told Allen he didn't want to take throws before one of the early season games.

This one is on Beane.

32 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

That's the problem with guaranteeing contracts. They need to rid this in the CBA and its only valid in case of injury. Why this fat-ass loser WR is able to pocket 2.1million to do nothing, while the rest of America works their ass off for less than 5% of that salary is what is wrong with sports.  I don't care if someone gets paid good money, but they have to earn it.  

5%? Try 0.5%,  like me.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Yesterday, McDermott was asked about Allen's INT and he said Allen got fooled, but "we're going to have to trim some of the fat off that route" run by Kelvin Benjamin. 

That's the closest I've ever heard McD come to taking a direct shot at a player. It was thinly veiled, but it was a definite shot. And well deserved.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

As it's already been brought up, my initial aversion to dumping KB was the comp pick formula.  However, you only get picks if you're a net loss in players.  Considering that we've got piles of cap space & likely won't be losing any expensive FAs (I don't think retirements count & I can virtually guarantee K Williams isn't signing elsewhere & Alexander I'd say is low probability, too), I don't think it's likely that we're aiming/likely to acquire comp picks.

I don't think getting rid of Kelvin would be considered a loss of a player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Glad that POS is finally gone....lookin like a very feminine predator. Maybe Clay will follow soon enough.

My friends and I call him the Tranny Predator.

So glad he is gone, long overdue. Also, glad Beane sees his mistake in trading for this bum and flat out cut him. It actually speaks volumes about the FO whom can realize a mistake and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

Would love it if McD would open up and give us the straight scoop on these moves, but it will be a bunch of coachspeak. Still, it's pretty obvious he needed to go, 

6 minutes ago, Looper said:

Doesn't look so bad when Sam Bradford made a guaranteed 15mil with the Birds. He sucked and you reap what you sow.  Also makes me 

believe even more he told Allen he didn't want to take throws before one of the early season games.

This one is on Beane.

And Beane is owning it, kudos for that. If this was a Whaley product/regime, KB would remain out there for 99% of the snaps. I jest, but still IMO rare to see an ego check at the door at OBD Front Office through the years like this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think it's probably a move made with there being no real shot at the playoffs and no intention of bringing either of those guys with the team next year. So might as well get more reps for the young cheap guys that will be fighting for jobs in the next preseason camp.

Yep. I don't mind the move at all. I applaud it. I was sick of him a few games ago and I stuck up for him more than most. But good riddance, and I want the guys like Foster and Zay and McKittrick to get more reps and balls, too. It's a good move. But it doesn't make us a better WR unit.

Ray Ray is a second rate Isaac McKittrick, who is third rate. Small, shifty and talented who cannot hang onto the ball. Let's hope this experience, since we are out of the playoffs, somewhat rids them of the dropsies (meaning mostly fumbles).

We don't know this for sure but if we are still in the playoff hunt at all, I don't think they do this (otherwise they would have done it weeks ago)