OK. I'll Say It-Allen will be best Bills QB ever

beacon

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

He doesn't trouble me at all. I just expect better quality work from him, than that swing and miss of his. 

When I know who you really are, and it’s not necessary or even amusing, ignored

I'll make this prediction, next season the Bills play the Browns.  I'll predict it will be either a Monday or Thursday night game, to showcase Allen vs Mayfield,  likely early part of the season to increase odds both are still playing, ie. not out for injury and also early incase one of them ends up a 2nd year slump, early on may not know yet so better ratings.

53 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'll make this prediction, next season the Bills play the Browns.  I'll predict it will be either a Monday or Thursday night game, to showcase Allen vs Mayfield,  likely early part of the season to increase odds both are still playing, ie. not out for injury and also early incase one of them ends up a 2nd year slump, early on may not know yet so better ratings.

I predict that matchup has a zero percent chance of being played on a Monday night.

Could definitely see it as a TNF game.

Perhaps, but that's a long, weak limb to venture out on.  Back in the '80s, the Cincinnati Reds' young center fielder was Eric Davis.  He had every imaginable tool and was outstanding for a few years.  A nationally known columnist wrote a syndicated article that saying Davis would go down in history as the greatest baseball player ever.  Many said "woa Nellie."  Shortly thereafter the injury bug struck Davis.  He wound up playing for five different teams before he retired, and was never the same ballplayer he was early on.  The old axiom, which has proven true time and again, is that if you wind up on the cover a a national sports publication, bad things will happen.  Superstition can bite and I'd rather Allen and the Bills not fall victim.  In any case, Go Allen and Go Bills.  

On 12/4/2018 at 4:10 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Golly were we like this when EJ Had 2 good games in his rookie year?? Honestly don't remember but can we pump the breaks. A. You're jinxing Josh. B. This hyperbole is contagious and let's take it one season at a time (even if he doesn't win MVP next year). Expectations are going to drive us crazy.

We were not. EJ had some good moments and there we optimistic takes, but Allen had more big time throws against the dolphins than I remember EJ having his entire career. Dunno if that means Josh will pan out but he's already way better than EJ ever was. I know I know, high bar. 

Outrageous.  Just as bad as a "Josh Allen is a Bust" thread.  And folks with these kinds of takes never come back to defend them, ever.  They just crawl back into the same butt crevice of the internet from whence they came, and disappear.

EDIT: is it too early to start comparing him to Christ?

Edited by Coach Tuesday

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Outrageous.  Just as bad as a "Josh Allen is a Bust" thread.  And folks with these kinds of takes never come back to defend them, ever.  They just crawl back into the same butt crevice of the internet from whence they came, and disappear.

Is it about as outrageous as coming on to the board after a loss last year to proclaim the Bill's sucked so bad and that the trade of Sammy Watkins would lead to a 2-14 record?

Asking for a friend

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Is it about as outrageous as coming on to the board after a loss last year to proclaim the Bill's sucked so bad and that the trade of Sammy Watkins would lead to a 2-14 record?

Asking for a friend

Is it?  Did I do that?  Do you understand how apostrophes work?  But did I do that?  Do you have evidence of said "friend"?  I don't even understand what you mean, honestly.  But if you're saying that I predicted that the unnecessary dismantling of the Bills' WR group and offense generally would lead to a poor record, well, let's hope the OP is as prescient as I was.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Like your Zay take? 

Just ball busting, but, I agree with your larger point. It is impossible to know how the kid will end up. Anyone who makes a claim like "bust" or "goat" at this stage is just trying to make themselves feel better about their preconceived notion. 

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Like your Zay take? 

Just ball busting, but, I agree with your larger point. It is impossible to know how the kid will end up. Anyone who makes a claim like "bust" or "goat" at this stage is just trying to make themselves feel better about their preconceived notion. 

And my "Zay take" was that he was the worst starter in the NFL - which, at the time, he objectively was.  

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Is it?  Did I do that?  Do you understand how apostrophes work?  But did I do that?  Do you have evidence of said "friend"?  I don't even understand what you mean, honestly.  But if you're saying that I predicted that the unnecessary dismantling of the Bills' WR group and offense generally would lead to a poor record, well, let's hope the OP is as prescient as I was.

Prescient?

You predicted 2-14 for last year after a loss and cited trading Watkins and the cutting of the backup rb legendary JAG Williams as a reason why that would be our record.

We finished 9-7, went to the playoffs for the first time in well over a decade, Watkins went on to have a sub 600 yard receiving year and was 4th on the team in receptions and William's is....well where is Williams?

Prescient ?

Just now, Magox said:

Prescient?

You predicted 2-14 for last year after a loss and cited trading Watkins and the cutting of the backup rb legendary JAG Williams as a reason why that would be our record.

We finished 9-7, went to the playoffs for the first time in well over a decade, Watkins went on to have a sub 600 yard receiving year and was 4th on the team in receptions and William's is....well where is Williams?

Prescient ?

I am pretty sure I didn't predict that the Bills would go 2-14 as a result of cutting Jonathan Williams.  I drink sometimes, so maybe you can show it to me.  And at least we finally approached a semi-football take out of you after what, 10 years here?

As for the OP, it's far too early to predict something like that.  But this is America, where certain people need a very specific type of lie told to them daily in order to survive.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And my "Zay take" was that he was the worst starter in the NFL - which, at the time, he objectively was.  

I'm not going to go back and look it up, must have been drinking on this one too. At least that's a cop out I can get behind.

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I predict that matchup has a zero percent chance of being played on a Monday night.

Could definitely see it as a TNF game.

I don't know, Cleveland could/should be predicted as a playoff contender next season.  Depending how Allen plays the next 4 games and off-season moves the Bills make (big Fa signings are completed prior to schedule being released) could see a Monday night.  Last year they put the Jet's on the 1st Monday of the season.  Granted Buffalo and Cleveland are not large TV draws.

30 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am pretty sure I didn't predict that the Bills would go 2-14 as a result of cutting Jonathan Williams.  I drink sometimes, so maybe you can show it to me.  And at least we finally approached a semi-football take out of you after what, 10 years here?

As for the OP, it's far too early to predict something like that.  But this is America, where certain people need a very specific type of lie told to them daily in order to survive.

He doesnt have to do much to be the best of all time.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:06 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

QB lists are always so subjective anymore, given the different rules, eras, etc. to compare across generations, but as a Bills fan, I think it's hard to keep him off of a top 10 list, if we are going by what he meant to the team and ability to lead it to W's consistently, along with being the franchise leader in basically all statistical categories, and being a 1st ballot HOFer. Agreed that his stats are by no means astronomical, especially today, but he also sloughed off 2 years in his prime in the USFL that should've been in a Bills uni. Regardless, I do hope Allen takes the torch from Kelly and runs with it to places we've never seen, like a SB title. Nothing would make me happier, and that's coming from the biggest Kelly homer out there. (Seriously, I challenge anyone to lay claim to being a bigger Kelly fanboy than me, lol). And also to his credit, I'd bet anything that Kelly also wants the Bills to find unrivaled success with Allen at the helm beyond what he gave the franchise. 

Let's start by winning the division next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1