OK. I'll Say It-Allen will be best Bills QB ever

beacon

7 hours ago, beacon said:

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.They have their QB for the next 10/15 years. He is the most exciting Bill since SB days. Nobody knew what a great runner he is. Reminds me of Elway, only faster and shiftier. He is going to be a stud.  His game of pass/run is going to be sweet to watch.   Fill a few holes on O-line next year, grab a receiver or two, cut Benjamin, Clay and Shady.  Doesn't matter what city it is, good players want to play with good/great QB's. He will make everyone around him better. Then they all can make even more  $$$$$$.  Can't wait until next year. 

You enthusiasm is a "beacon" of hope for us all.

I say, "Why not"! 

One thing is for sure, the timing of selecting Josh Allen couldn't be more perfect. Brady & Bill close to retirement.  Tannehill and Darnold do not scream franchise. As everyone has said if we surround JA with a Dallas OL and a great WR/RB sky is the limit.  Love this kind of healthy optimism. 

Predictions are always easy to make.  I would not say it can't happen.  I'll be thrilled for the Bills if it does, but my prediction (or the OP's) isn't necessary to make it happen.  I'm content to wait for the future to play out in whatever way it does.  I'll be thrilled if it does happen though.

6 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Neither Elway nor Young come close to the velocity that Allen can throw a ball.   

Also, I will not be sad, if Allen only ends up being as good as Elway or Young. 

Also Steve young was 40 pounds lighter and 3 inches shorter than Allen. 

Elway? The guy who went to 5 Super Bowls?

Steve Young, supplanted Montana as a starter and won a Super Bowl on one of the most iconic teams in the NFL? 

I’d be open jaw shocked if Allen could win a Playoff game, let alone lead the Bills to their first modern Championship .

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I have no idea how he is going to turn out but I think the future is very bright for him. He most reminds me of a young Elway. I remember being amazed at the velocity he threw with and with his running ability too. He could beat you either way. I never paid attention to young Favre so cant comment on him. 

Any comparisons to Kelly need to take into consideration that Bills fans never saw Jim as a rookie. He had already made his rookie mistakes in the USFL for 2 years. 

But from an arm strength talent perspective, hasn’t Mahomes been way more impressive this season?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

12 hours ago, beacon said:

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.They have their QB for the next 10/15 years. He is the most exciting Bill since SB days. Nobody knew what a great runner he is. Reminds me of Elway, only faster and shiftier. He is going to be a stud.  His game of pass/run is going to be sweet to watch.   Fill a few holes on O-line next year, grab a receiver or two, cut Benjamin, Clay and Shady.  Doesn't matter what city it is, good players want to play with good/great QB's. He will make everyone around him better. Then they all can make even more  $$$$$$.  Can't wait until next year. 

Who knows who we will get in the future but i believe he will be the best so far.

I don't think you are wrong, OP.

Let's say Josh Allen plays for the Bills for 10 years, then he ought to easily hold all of the team QB records, at least in terms of passing/rushing/td stats. The league has become so much friendlier toward QBs since the 90s, so if Allen is indeed a franchise QB, then Kelly's numbers will likely be surpassed before that time is through, right? As lofty as "break all of the team's records" sounds, I actually think it's almost a reasonable expectation because you're only really competing with two guys, one from the 70s and one from the 90s. Neither of those should be impossible bars to clear in the new modern NFL. 

I can't be the only one Allen reminds of Jim Kelly-- not in running obviously, but in size/arm/swagger, you can almost see the 2018 version of a rookie Jim Kelly in Josh Allen. 

What I'd love to see the remainder of the year -- Josh Allen in spread formation, with Shady splitting out wide more frequently and bringing in Chris Ivory more frequently. I think LeSean McCoy doesn't fit as a RB for how the team is this year with the terrible o-line but even for how the team is being built.

I think the Josh Allen Bills will/should be a power run game + vertical passing offense. Ivory has been more consistent this year, imo. But, for the remainder of the time he's here, Shady has good hands and obviously he's very dangerous in space. On the other hand, Shady reminds of Thurman, right? So now you just need a Kent Hull and an Andre Reed, and a James Lofton. I think if Robert Woods had stayed, maybe there's your Reed, but maybe Foster, Zay, and McKenzie develop into something.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah Josh Allen, yeah he looks good

14 hours ago, beacon said:

I feel the same way, I'm a Bills fan so I'm cautious, but I told my circle that was the best Bills loss I have ever seen.

I'm old bro, so it don't come easy. But damn, dare I let myself get excited and believe the Bills have a QB? And heck, how didn't I know this man has the Moxy and not only the better of the Joshes, but better than them all?

I'm jumping on the train. May he ever keep us on the tracks, or let us levitate above them. God love us, Bills Fans, thouhest have eaten thine swine ass for far too long

Edited by Billsfanatixs

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Elway? The guy who went to 5 Super Bowls?

Steve Young, supplanted Montana as a starter and won a Super Bowl on one of the most iconic teams in the NFL? 

I’d be open jaw shocked if Allen could win a Playoff game, let alone lead the Bills to their first modern Championship .

But from an arm strength talent perspective, hasn’t Mahomes been way more impressive this season?

Can you explain to me, finally, why you are on a Bills web site but can only find negative things to say about the team?  What team do you actually root for?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Can you explain to me, finally, why you are on a Bills web site but can only find negative things to say about the team?  What team do you actually root for?

Exactly, the team is 4-8 so we should all be doing cartwheels in celebration 

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Your typical childish overreaction.  Thanks for contributing.

3 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

I love, love Jim Kelly but I believe this as well, Allen just has infinitely more talent than any qb we've ever had, plus he has the Kelly fire about him, I have faith he'll pull the rest together over the next year.

He does not have infinitely more talent than Kelly.  Pump the brakes.  And for those of you who want to talk arm strength you should have been around when Kemp was playing.

I am very excited about the kid's potential but placing ridiculous expectations on him at this point doesn't do him any favors.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Well considering the Bills haven't won a Playoff game in 23 years now, wouldn't Allen winning one be an absolute shocker?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I sure hope so, but the last few days sets a record for highest Bills fan optimism following a loss ever!

I will be honest here. It probably was the most optimistic I have been after a loss since Kelly's arrival. I have gone on record over and over saying I have no idea whether Allen will ever be a franchise QB. However, there is something about watching him play that makes me FEEL like he truly could be. 

Edited by billsfan1959

18 hours ago, beacon said:

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.

What about INTs in a single game?

18 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Josh Allen has the physical skills to be the greatest QB in NFL history.  No other current QB can make that claim.  But Allen's combination of size, speed, agility, arm strength and total strength are unmatched in NFL history.  Clealy mentally acuity and brilliant eye hand coordination are critical elements to becoming a great QB.  Hopefully Allen can add those to the mix and make the next GOAT also an AFC east guy. 

Cam Newton sayswhat?

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

1 more win and the team surpasses Kelly's 1986 4-12 record, and Kelly came here with 2 years of USFL experience.  

Some of us want to enjoy thoughts of future seasons of 12 or more victories led by Allen while others are always looking to find negatives in everything.  The main objective for a team is to be a champion or at least be a championship contender.  If all you want to do is think the team will never attain that status, I advise you find another team pretty soon that looks like they're about to stink for the next decade because you won't be happy when the Bills start compiling double digit wins year after year.  Your best choice may be the Cincinnati Bengals who have an out of touch owner and if they do hire Hue Jackson are almost guaranteed seasons of futility until he is fired again. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What about INTs in a single game?

Why would you say that when if you're watching games it's pretty obvious that one of Allen's strengths already is above average ball security?   He's thrown 1 meaningful INT in his 2 games back. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.