OK. I'll Say It-Allen will be best Bills QB ever

beacon

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  Like what I see so far, but if you look at the HOF out of hundreds of guys who have played QB in the NFL there are roughly 30 that made the grade.   And we had one of them.

Allen may have a very long and successful career, maybe even HOF worthy.  But no way you say he's going to be better than Kelly at this point.

As much as we all love Kelly, he wasn’t as good as Bills fan lore.  Great QB obviously, but not in the top 10 discussions, not sure even top 20 is a lock unless you’re talking to a Bills fan (For the record, I have him in the top 20, but again I am a Bills fan).

I love the guy, one of my all time favorite players, but it’s not like his career arc is so high it’s not possible to exceed it.  So I think it’s quite possible Allen can achieve this.  

Is it a premature statement, sure, but arent all projections premature even if talking just next year?  That’s why it’s a projection or belief.  I don’t think it’s crazy to believe Allen could go down as best Bills QB ever when you look at all his tools, leadership, passion, work ethic.  He has a massive amount of work over the next decade ahead of him to make that case, but he certainly has all the tools to pull it off if he can keep growing on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, beacon said:

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.They have their QB for the next 10/15 years. He is the most exciting Bill since SB days. Nobody knew what a great runner he is. Reminds me of Elway, only faster and shiftier. He is going to be a stud.  His game of pass/run is going to be sweet to watch.   Fill a few holes on O-line next year, grab a receiver or two, cut Benjamin, Clay and Shady.  Doesn't matter what city it is, good players want to play with good/great QB's. He will make everyone around him better. Then they all can make even more  $$$$$$.  Can't wait until next year. 

OK Look.....Jim Kelly holds that honor until someone actually shows they can wrestle it away.

And i am a big Josh Allen fan

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I certainly hope he breaks all of Kelly's records since they aren't really gaudy numbers due to him only playing 10 years and it wasn't as much a passing league back then.

If Allen becomes the greatest or is in the conversation as greatest of All Time in in 7-10 years....I'll get this tattoo on my back.

Image result for josh allen jump

*saves this post on his personal laptop and sets a timer*

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As much as we all love Kelly, he wasn’t as good as Bills fan lore.  Great QB obviously, but not in the top 10 discussions, not sure even top 20 is a lock unless you’re talking to a Bills fan (For the record, I have him in the top 20, but again I am a Bills fan).

I love the guy, one of my all time favorite players, but it’s not like his career arc is so high it’s not possible to exceed it.  So I think it’s quite possible Allen can achieve this.  

Is it a premature statement, sure, but arent all projections premature even if talking just next year?  That’s why it’s a projection or belief.  I don’t think it’s crazy to believe Allen could go down as best Bills QB ever when you look at all his tools, leadership, passion, work ethic.  He has a massive amount of work over the next decade ahead of him to make that case, but he certainly has all the tools to pull it off if he can keep growing on the field.

An interesting discussion to be sure

2 hours ago, beacon said:

I know it's blasphemy, but Josh Allen will have every Bills QB record by the time he retires. Yards, TD's, Rushing, Wins.They have their QB for the next 10/15 years. He is the most exciting Bill since SB days. Nobody knew what a great runner he is. Reminds me of Elway, only faster and shiftier. He is going to be a stud.  His game of pass/run is going to be sweet to watch.   Fill a few holes on O-line next year, grab a receiver or two, cut Benjamin, Clay and Shady.  Doesn't matter what city it is, good players want to play with good/great QB's. He will make everyone around him better. Then they all can make even more  $$$$$$.  Can't wait until next year. 

I hope you are right.  He has a skill set like no other quarterback the Bills have ever had.  Flutie could run, but did not have the cannon of an are like Josh.

I look forward to watching him each week.  I am already pumped up for next season.

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Because it's a chat room.  So we chat.

I like Allen a lot and think he's our long term guy.  But say hi to John Elway.  Steve Young also sends his regards.

Neither Elway nor Young come close to the velocity that Allen can throw a ball.   

Also, I will not be sad, if Allen only ends up being as good as Elway or Young. 

Also Steve young was 40 pounds lighter and 3 inches shorter than Allen. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

QB lists are always so subjective anymore, given the different rules, eras, etc. to compare across generations, but as a Bills fan, I think it's hard to keep him off of a top 10 list, if we are going by what he meant to the team and ability to lead it to W's consistently, along with being the franchise leader in basically all statistical categories, and being a 1st ballot HOFer. Agreed that his stats are by no means astronomical, especially today, but he also sloughed off 2 years in his prime in the USFL that should've been in a Bills uni. Regardless, I do hope Allen takes the torch from Kelly and runs with it to places we've never seen, like a SB title. Nothing would make me happier, and that's coming from the biggest Kelly homer out there. (Seriously, I challenge anyone to lay claim to being a bigger Kelly fanboy than me, lol). And also to his credit, I'd bet anything that Kelly also wants the Bills to find unrivaled success with Allen at the helm beyond what he gave the franchise. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Now that Benjamin is gone, Josh's completion percentage will go through the roof. Accuracy issues? What accuracy issues!

imagine if you will a te that can catch. he's already building a chemistry with zay. add a couple more competent weapons and next season the completion % would certainly move up.

I love the optimism - even if it's a tad bit premature!

Kelly was special and that's why he has a statue in Canton Ohio.  Allen has an enormous amount of work ahead of him to even be discussed in the same terms as Jim Kelly.  But the tools are there and that's why the Bills moved up and took the guy with the highest upside at QB in the last draft.

But let's all take a breath and keep in mind that Allen is going to have at least one very bad game between now and the end of the season.  That's what rookie QB's do. 

But like I said the optimism of this thread is refreshing and if we have to endure pessimistic, end of the world wailing about how Allen will be the biggest QB bust in history then we sure as heck can have a thread that dares us to contemplate the opposite - a 2nd HOF QB.  Why not?  It sure beats the alternative. 

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

let's go slowly here... A couple weeks ago people on here wanted Matt Barkley to start

It's encouraging to see some progress, so let's hope it continues!

i think it was mostly out of the fear that 17 would get hurt again behind that porous line.  At least that was my own reasoning.  At least this last game he was trying to be smart and not take those big shots when running.  Actually at this point I would rather see him run because it seems he takes bigger shots in the pocket.  I can't wait to see what he becomes once they overhaul the offense and its not all on him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, beacon said:

????????

I’ll see your post, and raise you one...

Josh Allen will be the 1st NFL QB since Bob Griese to lead his team to a perfect season...

19 and 0baby!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

?????

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

????????

I’ll see your post, and raise you one...

Josh Allen will be the 1st NFL QB since Bob Griese to lead his team to a perfect season...

19 and 0baby!!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!!

?????

With Kareem Hunt setting a new Bills' rushing record. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1