Christmas Movie All-Time Recommendations

NoHuddleKelly12

On 12/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I can't remember the name of the movie, but I saw it on the Hallmark Channel. It was this young girl in her late 20s or early 30s. She was dating this rich CEO that treated her like crap. Then she went back to her small town that she grew up in, and met a guy from her childhood who's kind of a goofball, but is sweet and loveable. Her wise uncle figure, who totally wasn't Santa, uses the spirit of Christmas to bring them closer together at the town's Christmas festival. Anybody see that one?

Is that the one where they get in a snowball fight with the young kids from town, or the one that they win the baking contest at the festival?

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/6/2018 at 8:27 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

"What can you get, a Wookie for Christmas, when he already own a comb..." ?

You go get the Wookie the combs from the 'comb the desert' scene in 'Spaceballs'.  (We ain't found...)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

17 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

A lot of things change in Hollywood before filming. Terminator was written with OJ Simpson in mind. They decided to go with Arnold because Juice just seemed like "too nice of a guy" and people wouldn't be able to see him as a killer. 

They were 100% right on that one.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/5/2018 at 4:12 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I can't remember the name of the movie, but I saw it on the Hallmark Channel. It was this young girl in her late 20s or early 30s. She was dating this rich CEO that treated her like crap. Then she went back to her small town that she grew up in, and met a guy from her childhood who's kind of a goofball, but is sweet and loveable. Her wise uncle figure, who totally wasn't Santa, uses the spirit of Christmas to bring them closer together at the town's Christmas festival. Anybody see that one?

Can you be more specific? Tried to help you out but every Hallmark Christmas movie had that same script with only the title changed--turns out @buffaloboyinATLwas right! sorry ?

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Can you be more specific? Tried to help you out but every Hallmark Christmas movie had that same script with only the title changed--turns out @buffaloboyinATLwas right! sorry ?

I missed the first run, but caught this season's airing over on the Estrogen Network.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

They were 100% right on that one.  

Couldn't figure out how to work into the story a T-800 being driven around by a guy in an SUV...

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The "WE" channel or the Oprah one? There's too many to keep up with...

The memory thread is somewhere else on this forum...?

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It was starring that vaugly familiar sitcom star. Remember? 

?of course! The one who hosted that awards show but wasn’t really all that funny—pretty sure that’s the same one. Well, good for her, she’s great all the same.

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The Bishops Wife.  From 1947.  All the "old" "English" actors.  David Niven, Cary Grant, Loretta Young, Elsa Lanchester.  Love to watch the "old" actors when they were very early in their careers.

My mom still has a crush on Cary Grant—classic definition of a movie star in old Hollywood 

Lots of good ones mentioned (with some old classics) already.

Silent Night was one that I saw a few years ago and liked quite a bit.

(Fact-based World War II story set on Christmas Eve, 1944, finds a German Mother and her son seeking refuge in a cabin on the war front. When she is invaded by three American soldiers and then three German soldiers, she successfully convinces the soldiers to put aside their differences for one evening and share a Christmas dinner.)

On 12/6/2018 at 2:55 AM, Sweats said:

Silent Night, Deadly Night......parts 1 through 4

Missed it. Or a different series?

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

(Fact-based World War II story set on Christmas Eve, 1944, finds a German Mother and her son seeking refuge in a cabin on the war front. When she is invaded by three American soldiers and then three German soldiers, she successfully convinces the soldiers to put aside their differences for one evening and share a Christmas dinner.)

@Uncle Joe, you’re right, great WWII story for Christmas, but the name of the movie is “A Midnight Clear.” Highly recommend for any history buffs or anyone interested in the human side of the war!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Horror flick series and definitely B grade.

if you’re into low budget horror Christmas movies, these should top your list.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Question. Movies like Elf, The Santa Clause, Miracle on 34th Street. Plenty more I can't think of. Where within the realm of the story, the adults, and sometimes kids, don't believe in Santa Claus, but by the end, discover the truth that Santa does exist, they just didn't have Christmas spirit or whatever.

Up until that point, did Santa just skip that kid because his parents didn't believe so bought him stuff anyway? How did that work?

• 2 weeks later...