Christmas Movie All-Time Recommendations

NoHuddleKelly12

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Hard to beat ‘It’s a Winderful Life’ but Love Actually is up there. 

Was waiting for this one to show up...really an excellent movie all around, but particularly during the Christmas season.

48 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

My Favorites in Order:

1.  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

2.  Elf

3.  Home Alone

4.  A Christmas Story

5.  Scrooged

I do not consider Die Hard a Christmas movie as it really has nothing to do with the movie other than the reason for the party.

This is the list.

I watch all of these every year.

A short list of those not already mentioned...

-Married With Children, "Its a Bundyful Life" with Sam Kinison playing Clarence the Angel.

-Pee Wee's Christmas Special..Or How Many B-list celebrities can you put in a one hour show?

For the serious Xmas movies...Joyeux Noel, based (loosely) on the Christmas Truce of 1914.

And one I didn't know existed until last night...

The Addams Family Christmas.  I found it on the Roku Channel.

***************SPOILER ALERT**********************************

Seeing Lurch AND Cousin Itt as Santa is something that must be seen.

2 minutes ago, CookieG said:

A short list of those not already mentioned...

-Married With Children, "Its a Bundyful Life" with Sam Kinison playing Clarence the Angel.

-Pee Wee's Christmas Special..Or How Many B-list celebrities can you put in a one hour show?

For the serious Xmas movies...Joyeux Noel, based (loosely) on the Christmas Truce of 1914.

And one I didn't know existed until last night...

The Addams Family Christmas.  I found it on the Roku Channel.

***************SPOILER ALERT**********************************

Seeing Lurch AND Cousin Itt as Santa is something that must be seen.

Great!  You ruined it for me! :angry:

16 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I actually listen to most of it year round. Especially on a day that cooler than usual. Like a 65° day in July or August, gives you that Christmas feeling. 

and you get a bible reading as well

• Like (+1) 1

I can't remember the name of the movie, but I saw it on the Hallmark Channel. It was this young girl in her late 20s or early 30s. She was dating this rich CEO that treated her like crap. Then she went back to her small town that she grew up in, and met a guy from her childhood who's kind of a goofball, but is sweet and loveable. Her wise uncle figure, who totally wasn't Santa, uses the spirit of Christmas to bring them closer together at the town's Christmas festival. Anybody see that one?

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I can't remember the name of the movie, but I saw it on the Hallmark Channel. It was this young girl in her late 20s or early 30s. She was dating this rich CEO that treated her like crap. Then she went back to her small town that she grew up in, and met a guy from her childhood who's kind of a goofball, but is sweet and loveable. Her wise uncle figure, who totally wasn't Santa, uses the spirit of Christmas to bring them closer together at the town's Christmas festival. Anybody see that one?

Yeah, it’s called “every Hallmark movie ever made.“

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Laurel & Hardy in "Babes in Toyland" aka "March of the Wooden Soldiers".

I remember watching this as a kid every Christmas. It's not shown that often, but if you love Stan & Ollie, check it out, it's fun.

Also love "A Charlie Brown Christmas" & "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer".

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2018 at 4:31 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Yeah. The preview was enough for me. The movie is based on writings from Jean Sheppard, who was the writer and narrator for the original, and 1994 sequel. The recent sequel had nobody connected to the original, and was a straight to DVD money grab.

When my wife and I were dating, we had broken up for about a month. Our first real date after getting back together was going to see Home Alone with the Houston Symphony playing the score. I proposed while watching Home Alone 2 with a group of friends. I got up to use the bathroom, and when he turns the TV on, it went to a slideshow I made, then I came out in a full suit.

You are still together ??

On 12/4/2018 at 4:13 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does 'The Star Wars Holiday Special' qualify?...

"What can you get, a Wookie for Christmas, when he already own a comb..." ?

16 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Isn't that every Hallmark Christmas special?

• Like (+1) 1

I remember the days when Fox was terrified that no one was going to watch Die Hard because Bruce Willis was a "comedian" and it was Alan Rickman's first movie.  

Die Hard was originally pegged as the sequel to Commando.  Imagine that.  

17 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I remember the days when Fox was terrified that no one was going to watch Die Hard because Bruce Willis was a "comedian" and it was Alan Rickman's first movie.  

Die Hard was originally pegged as the sequel to Commando.  Imagine that.  

A lot of things change in Hollywood before filming. Terminator was written with OJ Simpson in mind. They decided to go with Arnold because Juice just seemed like "too nice of a guy" and people wouldn't be able to see him as a killer.