Is your memory getting worse with age?

On 12/4/2018 at 2:01 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

This isn't right Row.  I was the one who typically went out to get stuff, I actually liked to get out of the house.  Most of the times it was to go buy beer, while I'm out, what else do we need.

I bet you never forgot the beer. So it’s all good.....

I will forget your name while I’m still shaking your hand. It’s a real problem I know I need to work on. But it’s not a sign my memory is declining. I’ve ALWAYS sucked at that. It’s not easy being me. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Actually, I think it's the opposite.  So much multi-tasking, people will be sharper.

Only so much brainpower to use each day, have to save it for the important stuff, like arguing over baseball stats

i see a new one is out, ranks Mark McGwire well above Babe Ruth, yayyyyy!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2018 at 12:37 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm only 37 and I'm already experiencing forgetfulness.  I don't want to say memory loss because that sounds like really serious stuff.

Like for instance, I had to buy another fuel cap the other day because after I got gas, I forgot to put on the cap before I drove off.

Last week as I was getting my son in the car, I put my cup on top of the roof.  Forgot about that cup and drove off...cup splashed all over my windshield.

Forgot my lunch today.  It's sitting on the counter in my kitchen as we speak.

The coffee station at my work is close to the bathrooms.  I'll put in a k-cup and then go to the bathroom.  When I leave the bathroom, sometimes I forget about my coffee.

It's little things I like this.  Did you guys experience this in your late 30's? 

This is the first I'm reading this thread.  Funny stuff!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Actually, I think it's the opposite.  So much multi-tasking, people will be sharper.

I think it was Napoleon who stated that a man working on two tasks gets neither accomplished 

with the internet as babysitter, purely for time wasting,  we now have people doing one thing and getting nothing useful accomplished at all, while thinking one is very busy

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m an all or nothing kinda guy!

What did you say again......?

And I had proof of Exiledinillinois was worse than you. I drank his 12 pack of beer he forgot to give Fergy.  ??

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

And I had proof of Exiledinillinois was worse than you. I drank his 12 pack of beer he forgot to give Fergy.  ??

@BringBackFergy kindly gave me my first drink of the day. I think he put something in it for I later suffered from a temporary memory outage. I mean, worse than usual, so pretty bad.....

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

I think it was Napoleon who stated that a man working on two tasks gets neither accomplished 

with the internet as babysitter, purely for time wasting,  we now have people doing one thing and getting nothing useful accomplished at all, while thinking one is very busy

Depends.

Depends what else you are doing.  People surely can chew gum and walk.

?

sat at a piano for the first time in almost 20 years and was able to recall complex Beethoven and Chopin pieces (and 8-10 finger chords) easily with sheet music in front of me

even a bit still sitting there from memory

i should be doing this a few hours a week....

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Depends.

Depends what else you are doing.  People surely can chew gum and walk.

?

Almost everyone can, but many need to say"step/chew, step/chew"

If not out loud, then to themselves. Which is why so many gum chewers have trouble with conversation.

• Like (+1) 1