Is your memory getting worse with age?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

How can you forget that you're dumb?  

If your memory is bad you might be convinced that these lapses of brain activity are a recent phenomenon.  Its not that you forgot that you're an idiot, but just never knew until now.  Does that make sense? 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

If your memory is bad you might be convinced that these lapses of brain activity are a recent phenomenon.  Its not that you forgot that you're an idiot, but just never knew until now.  Does that make sense? 

But it is a recent phenomenon though.  I never had issues before I hit my mid 30's.  So now, your theory falls apart like the Jets this past weekend.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This isn't right Row.  I was the one who typically went out to get stuff, I actually liked to get out of the house.  Most of the times it was to go buy beer, while I'm out, what else do we need.

very good, you were winning more until the beer thing  :D

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm only 37 and I'm already experiencing forgetfulness.  I don't want to say memory loss because that sounds like really serious stuff.

Like for instance, I had to buy another fuel cap the other day because after I got gas, I forgot to put on the cap before I drove off.

Last week as I was getting my son in the car, I put my cup on top of the roof.  Forgot about that cup and drove off...cup splashed all over my windshield.

Forgot my lunch today.  It's sitting on the counter in my kitchen as we speak.

The coffee station at my work is close to the bathrooms.  I'll put in a k-cup and then go to the bathroom.  When I leave the bathroom, sometimes I forget about my coffee.

It's little things I like this.  Did you guys experience this in your late 30's? 

Have you also noticed increased difficulty planning/completing tasks or making decisions?

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Completeing tasks like cleaning yes for sure.

If you've noticed it others may have noticed your change in behavior before you did it but were hesitant to speak up

Ask your wife and kids if they've noticed the change in you as well.  Or maybe ask the wife and have her discreetly prod the kids for their input.  Maybe bring it up with coworkers that you trust

If you find this has been going on longer than you realized, it might be time to consult a doctor.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can still remember 45 of the 50 state capitals.  Kinda proves I’m still smart.  I bet you can name 40.

We have 50 states? Holy moly, who knew???

I give up........

• Haha (+1) 1